12 killed in Colorado shooting at Dark Knight Rises premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may change movie-going experiences forever.....

just to prevent this stuff from happening, i wouldn't be opposed to having my bagged check or frisked when i go to a movie house. i honestly wouldn't mind.

Oh my God. This is unbelievably shocking. :(

just to prevent this stuff from happening, i wouldn't be opposed to having my bagged check or frisked when i go to a movie house. i honestly wouldn't mind.

I'm sure cosplaying will be banned by many theaters.

I honestly feel bad for Warner Brothers and everyone involved with this film. This seems like some sort of copycat killer and no doubt this sick person had this planned out. Because people go in cosplay for premiers like this, I doubt somone with a gas mask would stick out too much.

Unfortunately this tragedy is going to be stuck to this film, because this story will be national. It's so unfortunate because this was a film made for the fanbase, and some nutball takes this seriously and goes out and pulls a stunt like this.

This is totally f***** disgusting. All those people who were waiting for whats probably one of the top 5 biggest events of their lives just killed like that. Absolutely horrible and disgusting.

What the hell could possibly motivate somebody to do this? I really hope this shoot gets what ever he deserves.

On a much lesser important note this could severely hurt the opening weekend.

What sucks is this may deter some from going to see it. In all seriousness, damn the box office. You should be able to go to the movies and enjoy time out with your family and friends.
Who cares about the film or the box office? 14 people are dead.

This news has broken me. I was sitting in my theater here in Missouri and I honestly thought "If I were a madman..this would be the place I would strike.". I sat in my seat and was looking at my two nephews and this horrible...horrible thought came into my mind. I didn't know what to think as my mind grew this idea of a theater shooting. This...has just messed me up. I had a thought that a shooting could happen in a theater during this midnight screening. When I came home and turned the tv on,..the news was all over this story. I've been sitting here for the last hour just...shocked and confused. Surely...I don't know. I'm trying to figure out why I had this horrible feeling/idea that something like this was going to happen. I really wanted to come here and talk about how awesome the movie was...but this Aurora shooting............it's just ruined my emotions on everything.

Infant shot at point blank range. This is just a nightmare. I feel terrible for the victims and their families.

I think this is gonna have a pretty big impact. This story is gonna be running all over the place, its gonna make someone think twice about bringing their family if this is in the back of their mind.

Dam what a shame, I truly feel for the victims and their families and this is a horrible event but was really hoping this film would achieve so much financially as well as critically.

I cant imagine what the film makers are feeling right now. Not as bad as the victims or families of course but still.

Indeed ABleedingCorpse. I can't quite get my head around it myself. Just why? What possible benefit could come from this in any single way?

The theater, Century 16, is only five minutes away from where I used to work and live. I would go there for every movie I wanted to see. It was a great convenience. I moved recently, but only a while ago I could have been going to that theater. Where I live now, its better to go to the Regal Cinema (a different theater), but under other circumstances, before I moved, I would have went to Century, during the shootings.

That area was always dangerous (hence the move). The Wal-Mart I worked at (in that area, 5 minutes from my previous home and that theater) got robbed THREE TIMES in less than a month and a half (I was present for all three robberies). A drug-deal-related murder happened in broad daylight only ten feet away from my building during a summer WITH kids around, and now this...

I thought it was a luxury living so close to my job, a mall, and a theater, but the heavy foot traffic encouraged all sorts of suspicious activity, and the area itself ended up being surprisingly ghetto. Imagine my surprise when I hit Google, see this article, and find my old preferred theater that I highly would have went to to see this film, pictured with the headlines of Murder, Shooting, and TDKR...God, I'm glad I moved from there.

This news has broken me. I was sitting in my theater here in Missouri and I honestly thought "If I were a madman..this would be the place I would strike.". I sat in my seat and was looking at my two nephews and this horrible...horrible thought came into my mind. I didn't know what to think as my mind grew this idea of a theater shooting. This...has just messed me up. I had a thought that a shooting could happen in a theater during this midnight screening. When I came home and turned the tv on,..the news was all over this story. I've been sitting here for the last hour just...shocked and confused. Surely...I don't know. I'm trying to figure out why I had this horrible feeling/idea that something like this was going to happen. I really wanted to come here and talk about how awesome the movie was...but this Aurora shooting............it's just ruined my emotions on everything.

My sister had the exact same premonition a couple days ago. We were talking on the phone about how crowded the theater would be on Saturday and she mentioned that she is always afraid of a terrorist attack happening in a crowded movie theater. And now this thing happens. It's a nightmare for everyone. I'm kinda scared to go see the movie now.

I cant imagine what the film makers are feeling right now. Not as bad as the victims or families of course but still.

If it's anything worse than what I'm feeling. This is horrible. Uncalled for. I feel so terrible for the victims, the familes and everyone in the theater. I can only imagin (because I did imagin this happening tonight) the horror of this taking place. I'm in tears. I'm upset. I'm angry.

This is horrible beyond words. And this guy(s) will probably get off on a plea for insanity.

This has ended what should have been a great night on such a sour note beyond comprehension. Horrific is an understatement.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their families. This is just infuriating, and I know this has to hit very close to home for all of us. Those people in Denver were all fans just like us.

There's going to be a press conference in the morning.

The fact that this was done in a theater is all the more disgusting.

This is horrible beyond words. And this guy(s) will probably get off on a plea for insanity.
I'm afraid this guy is gonna blame it on the film. You know, gas mask, vest, he could try to claim it was like he was Bane. I sure hope not.

Man, this ruined my good mood as well. My prayers to everyone affected, and hope no one fromthe Hype was affected by this.

My sister had the exact same premonition a couple days ago. We were talking on the phone about how crowded the theater would be on Saturday and she mentioned that she is always afraid of a terrorist attack happening in a crowded movie theater. And now this thing happens. It's a nightmare for everyone. I'm kinda scared to go see the movie now.

You and me both, I am leaving home in about 45 minutes and I am petrified. Trying to psyche myself up but dam just keep sweating.

Not sure what people are going to be doing as this is leaking to theaters and people across the country going to a 3AM IMAX showing

As if my bad feelings towards the film couldn't be worse. I'm seeing it tomorrow and this is horrible news. Absolutely horrible.

I .. :csad: I was just sitting in my seat..and out of nowhere...this thought..in my head. I looked around the theater...it was packed full...7 screens packed full of people. I thought, anyone of these people...at anytime. I started to grow this idea...if indeed something were to happen tonight in my theater...what was I going to do? I thought...I have to grab my nephews push them to the ground and cover them. I have to protect them. I'm ... literally in tears...I'm breaking down over this. I just can't get over the thought...much worse the reality that it actually happened..just somewhere else to innocent people.

FBI considering raising national security level across the United States following Denver shooting

oh boy :(

Excited people like us, minding their own business, going to enjoy a movie and this happens. I can't believe someone would commit such a barbaric act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"