Sequels 16 Things to Look for in Upcoming "Avengers" films...

Interesting read, thanks for posting this

Thanks. It took me a while to sit there and think about everything I noticed after watching the Avengers for a fifth time most recently.

One thing I'd love to see is something done about Fury's scars. Disney needs to buy out the rights to Wolverine's film licensing. It would be great to see Hugh Jackman in upcoming films.

Thanks. It took me a while to sit there and think about everything I noticed after watching the Avengers for a fifth time most recently.

One thing I'd love to see is something done about Fury's scars. Disney needs to buy out the rights to Wolverine's film licensing. It would be great to see Hugh Jackman in upcoming films.

Yeah Wolverine in Avengers 2 would be awesome, cant see it happening unfortunately:csad:

I agree. Although Logan and Fury do have quite the history...

I almost feel like they did that intentionally just in case Fox would yield their rights of the X-Men.

I would actually rather not do that. Wolverine has a tendency to take over the limelight wherever he goes. I would like to see the Marvel movieverse continue on for just a bit longer without him.

I have to say that I agree that I don't think we'll be seeing Wolverine in any Marvel films any time soon. Silvermoth makes a great point too: He does tend to take over the limelight. Even more than that, though, I just don't see Fox playing ball on a cross-over like that.

However, the fact that Marvel and Sony TRIED to work out a deal to show Oscorp in the background for Avengers is promising. I know a LOT of people are saying we won't ever see Spider-Man in the Marvel movies, but the fact that the studios were at least trying to work out a deal says volumes. In the long-run, it would be a smart move for both companies.

And I know that there are characters that people would much rather see that are already owned by Marvel, but I can't help but think that it would be pretty awesome to see some sort of cameo by Spider-Man during Avengers, delivering some sort of quip to a character before swinging off, or just something the background that you only see for a second (like King Kong being on the Empire State Building in the background of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow).

Barring that (and perhaps an even better idea) would be a passing line between two characters acknowledging Spider-Man. Something like:

TONY: You're looking to expand the roster?
FURY: Yes.
TONY: What about this guy in New York? I hear he can swing from a web-
FURY: He can.
TONY: So he does whatever a spider can? Then why not him?
FURY: Because he's a kid. He's too young. Of course, he doesn't know we know that. Hell, he doesn't even know we exist.

Just a little dialogue exchange as a nod to the character and, maybe, for the next film they will work out the rights to show Oscorp in the background shots a little quicker.

I have to say that I agree that I don't think we'll be seeing Wolverine in any Marvel films any time soon. Silvermoth makes a great point too: He does tend to take over the limelight. Even more than that, though, I just don't see Fox playing ball on a cross-over like that.

However, the fact that Marvel and Sony TRIED to work out a deal to show Oscorp in the background for Avengers is promising. I know a LOT of people are saying we won't ever see Spider-Man in the Marvel movies, but the fact that the studios were at least trying to work out a deal says volumes. In the long-run, it would be a smart move for both companies.

And I know that there are characters that people would much rather see that are already owned by Marvel, but I can't help but think that it would be pretty awesome to see some sort of cameo by Spider-Man during Avengers, delivering some sort of quip to a character before swinging off, or just something the background that you only see for a second (like King Kong being on the Empire State Building in the background of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow).

Barring that (and perhaps an even better idea) would be a passing line between two characters acknowledging Spider-Man. Something like:

TONY: You're looking to expand the roster?
FURY: Yes.
TONY: What about this guy in New York? I hear he can swing from a web-
FURY: He can.
TONY: So he does whatever a spider can? Then why not him?
FURY: Because he's a kid. He's too young. Of course, he doesn't know we know that. Hell, he doesn't even know we exist.

Just a little dialogue exchange as a nod to the character and, maybe, for the next film they will work out the rights to show Oscorp in the background shots a little quicker.

This franchise needs to stick to the original characters.

Plus a few. Spiderman is known as spiderman. Wolverine is known as Wolverine, and as a member of the XMEN.

Neither of these characters should EVER appear in an avengers movie, as a member of the team. The avengers are getting popular for who they are, and what they are known for.

Putting Wolverine and Spiderman in these movies (who are already among the two BIGGEST marvel heroes) will completely take away from The Avengers being the avengers.

More than likely, neither of them will appear in the avengers. They simply are not avengers, not what comes to mind first. It NEEDS to stay this way.

This franchise needs to stick to the original characters.

Plus a few. Spiderman is known as spiderman. Wolverine is known as Wolverine, and as a member of the XMEN.

Neither of these characters should EVER appear in an avengers movie, as a member of the team. The avengers are getting popular for who they are, and what they are known for.

Putting Wolverine and Spiderman in these movies (who are already among the two BIGGEST marvel heroes) will completely take away from The Avengers being the avengers.

More than likely, neither of them will appear in the avengers. They simply are not avengers, not what comes to mind first. It NEEDS to stay this way.

For the record, I'd be perfectly content with them keeping it just the way it is. All I'm saying is that the fact that there was paperwork going between the companies about the inclusion of Oscorp in the background, so that may mean that the wheels are turning regardless.

I agree that neither should appear as part of the team, but cross-promotion could be a smart move for both Sony and Marvel.

I agree that Wolverine will most likely never appear. I just don't see Fox wanting anything to do with a deal like that, especially after Marvel refused to grant them an extension on the Daredevil rights.

Will Spider-Man appear? Most likely not. Doesn't mean there won't still be an inclusion of Oscorp in the background on the next movie. From what I've read, my understanding is that the deal WAS worked out, but that there simply wasn't enough time left for the CGI artists to put the building in.

I know a lot of posters here are of the opinion that those of us that think Spider-Man may be included (or, more appropriately, may be acknowledged) in a future Avengers film are being "delusional". However, the fact that the above mentioned dealings between Sony and Marvel were even taking place would say otherwise.

Let's not forget that Marvel really broke new ground by even attempting something as epic as The Avengers - tying in franchises over a four year period and then having that culminate in a HUGE cross-over movie. Cross-promoting with another studio really wouldn't be that big of a step.

It's also logical for both companies to be interested. Sony has debuted their new "revamped" Spider-Man and surely wouldn't mind dipping their toes into Marvel's pool of success if it helps promote the next Spider-Man picture. Marvel, I imagine, has plenty of reason to play nice with Sony as well, if it gives them a bit of creative freedom with a character that isn't really under their control.

So I agree that Spider-Man appearing in an Avengers film probably won't/shouldn't happen (though I still maintain that the dialogue exchange mentioned earlier would be interesting) - but that doesn't mean Oscorp won't. And if Marvel and Sony can work together cohesively, it could open up doors down the road for a possible non-Avengers cross-over (i.e. now that Marvel is getting the rights back for Daredevil, that might be something they'd be interested in.)

Now, having said all that: There's a distinct possibility that Sony was only interested in lending Marvel the Oscorp building as a promotion since Spider-Man was still a few months from re-launching and now that that is done, there may be less interest within the company.

I feel like If we get any non marvel studio hero to cross into the avengers it would be spider or atleast the worlds to be the same.. I wouldn't be surprised if the Avengers Tower was shown on spiderman 2 and Oscorp Tower in Avengers 2 ... Wouldn't be surprised to make them both make that work

For the record, I'd be perfectly content with them keeping it just the way it is. All I'm saying is that the fact that there was paperwork going between the companies about the inclusion of Oscorp in the background, so that may mean that the wheels are turning regardless.

I agree that neither should appear as part of the team, but cross-promotion could be a smart move for both Sony and Marvel.

I agree that Wolverine will most likely never appear. I just don't see Fox wanting anything to do with a deal like that, especially after Marvel refused to grant them an extension on the Daredevil rights.

Will Spider-Man appear? Most likely not. Doesn't mean there won't still be an inclusion of Oscorp in the background on the next movie. From what I've read, my understanding is that the deal WAS worked out, but that there simply wasn't enough time left for the CGI artists to put the building in.

I know a lot of posters here are of the opinion that those of us that think Spider-Man may be included (or, more appropriately, may be acknowledged) in a future Avengers film are being "delusional". However, the fact that the above mentioned dealings between Sony and Marvel were even taking place would say otherwise.

Let's not forget that Marvel really broke new ground by even attempting something as epic as The Avengers - tying in franchises over a four year period and then having that culminate in a HUGE cross-over movie. Cross-promoting with another studio really wouldn't be that big of a step.

It's also logical for both companies to be interested. Sony has debuted their new "revamped" Spider-Man and surely wouldn't mind dipping their toes into Marvel's pool of success if it helps promote the next Spider-Man picture. Marvel, I imagine, has plenty of reason to play nice with Sony as well, if it gives them a bit of creative freedom with a character that isn't really under their control.

So I agree that Spider-Man appearing in an Avengers film probably won't/shouldn't happen (though I still maintain that the dialogue exchange mentioned earlier would be interesting) - but that doesn't mean Oscorp won't. And if Marvel and Sony can work together cohesively, it could open up doors down the road for a possible non-Avengers cross-over (i.e. now that Marvel is getting the rights back for Daredevil, that might be something they'd be interested in.)

Now, having said all that: There's a distinct possibility that Sony was only interested in lending Marvel the Oscorp building as a promotion since Spider-Man was still a few months from re-launching and now that that is done, there may be less interest within the company.

Yeah Yeah, I read the end of your post wrong :p

Did anyone Civil War fans catch Senator Boynton at the end of the film? I could very well see him appear at the beginning of the Avengers sequel and help kick off the plot, and maybe that's it.

Did anyone Civil War fans catch Senator Boynton at the end of the film? I could very well see him appear at the beginning of the Avengers sequel and help kick off the plot, and maybe that's it.

You could get in as much trouble in these parts for mentioning Civil War as you can for goose stepping in a German sporting event. Get ready to get flamed.

That said, I think we will see some permutation of Civil War in Avengers 3, whether it's Iron Man vs. Cap, Avengers vs. SHIELD, or something. No one seems to want it, but it's very likely.

Honest question...

I've been on this forum for less than four months now: is it because I mentioned something about the Civil War? :huh:

Honest question...

I've been on this forum for less than four months now: is it because I mentioned something about the Civil War? :huh:

I was being sarcastic; you won't get in trouble, it's just not a very popular storyline among Hype posters.

Okay, good. I don't want to make enemies in this forum. I love Comics too much to piss anyone off.

As a total newcomer to comics this year, Civil War seemed like the easiest place to break the ice, and start figuring out the characters and timeline because of its relative recency, vast scope, all-inclusive cast, and long-lasting consequences. I thought it seemed like a cool idea, but I can definitely see how it would be unpopular to veteran fans.

Is it as unpopular as AvX is right now?

I guess. From what I can tell (haven't read any of it) AvX is pretty much setting up Cyclops as the big villain, which pisses off the Cyke fans. Whereas Iron Man got those "honors" in Civil War

I think it's another Marvel attempt to shake things up for the readers and really emplace a veil of moral ambiguity over all the characters within the storyline. None of the heroes are really bad: they're just divided over an issue (speaking more about Civil War than AvX.)

I just don't see how Civil War would translate to film, it just doesn't fit the versions of the characters in the movies. I think we'd get Secret Invasion, before we got A Civil War movie. Though I doubt they do either.

I think at some point it will be the MoE. It would be plausible that Baron Zemo, The Abomination, the soon to be aquired Bullseye, and other earth based villains would team up because they have no shot against the avengers alone. Have the enchantress kinda puppeting Zola from the shadows by order of Loki, then have them come into the light later in the film to fight Thor. Really this would work better as Avengers 2 than it would Avengers 3, and it would fit Whedon's description as more personal.

The second film is pretty much guaranteed to involve Thanos, though. Either he could be depicted as assembling the Masters, or we'll get something like the Infinity Gauntlet.

I wouldnt mind WWH, but its probably not gonna happen any time soon. Its hardly my favorite "event" story, but I like it a helluva lot more than Civil War or Secret Invasion or [gag] Avengers vs X-men. Planet Hulk can be the plot of his solo movie I suppose. Or something. Im just spit-balling here.

I was being sarcastic; you won't get in trouble, it's just not a very popular storyline among Hype posters.
I liked it :o

Well I really want the Kree/Skrull War with Secret Invasion. Obviously loads more characters need to be introduced but, why the hell not?

Doesnt joss want a smaller scale movie for avengers 2? Hard to do with thanos as the main villain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"