2005-2006 NBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nuk Nukk said:
Not really. The evolution of ballhandling evolved into that. Originally you could only have your hand on the top of the ball ala Bob Cousy. Most players today palm and "carry" when dribbiling regular. It was a situation of limiting A.I.'s game. Shortly after he broke Jordan off 2 times in the same play, it wasn't long after the league banned it. At the time he was the new look generation bad boy v.s. the golden boy image of the NBA in Jordan. I think that had more to do with it than anything. But if you call A.I.'s cross a carry.....everyone in the league carries, and on a consistant basis.

First off don't Put A.I's name and Jordan's in the same sentence.:spidey:

Second A.I. is going to do what Miller did for Indiana. 17 years of hopes and dreams with no delivery, and then retire completely overrated.

Although maybe.... MAYBE!!! Chris Webber will put them over the top. If A.I. learns to pass.

Maximum_Carnage said:
First off don't Put A.I's name and Jordan's in the same sentence.:spidey:

Second A.I. is going to do what Miller did for Indiana. 17 years of hopes and dreams with no delivery, and then retire completely overrated.

Although maybe.... MAYBE!!! Chris Webber will put them over the top. If A.I. learns to pass.

Nah AI is official and Webber aint gonna **** for them. Iverson can pass and score he proved that last year duh.

Super_Ludacris said:
Nah AI is official and Webber aint gonna **** for them. Iverson can pass and score he proved that last year duh.

I think you are taking what I say to literally. Of course A.I. can pass. But when person has one of the lowest field goal percentages in the league, but leads in scoring should say something. Also what did he prove at all last year? They can lose in the first round? Trust me, unless A.I. changes is ways (having a press conference explaining why he shouldn't have to practice!) then he will only keep the team from succeeding.

Maximum_Carnage said:
I think you are taking what I say to literally. Of course A.I. can pass. But when person has one of the lowest field goal percentages in the league, but leads in scoring should say something. Also what did he prove at all last year? They can lose in the first round? Trust me, unless A.I. changes is ways (having a press conference explaining why he shouldn't have to practice!) then he will only keep the team from succeeding.
First of all shorty, I wasn't comparing Iverson to Jordan. So don't take that tone with me. All I said was Iverson broke him off with two consecutive nasty crossovers. And this is a KNOWN fact. It doesn't make someone any less of a ball player if they get their ankles broken. Second of all, A.I. is NOT selfish and has a low shooting percentage for a reason. I obviously gave you too much credit for even knowing the game, because if you did you would retract that idiotic statement about A.I. and his field goal percentage. A.I. has for years been the only consistent player on his team. He was constantly surrounded by average players, and sub-par scorers. The coach gives Iverson the right to hoist those shots, regardless the situation...because it is HIS scoring that even keeps them in ball games. He is hands down, pound for pound the most talented offensive player in the league...and is virtually the best scoring little man to EVER play the game, so he has every right to put up shots...especially with the offensively challenged teammates that surround him. And don't make it sound as if just because he shoots alot, that is why he leads the league in scoring...cause that isn't the case either. It is another known fact, that in the NBA it is difficult enough just to free yourself up for your own shot, and to have the ability like A.I. to put it up at anytime (especially at his height of 5'11/6'0) that is one hell of an accomplishment in itself. In regards to Iverson passing...you have no clue what you;re talking about. If you ever watched Iverson in an All-Star game, or the Olympics where he is surrounded with other players who can score, he has no problem dishing the ball off and doing it damn well. Plus he averaged 7.9 assists last year, WHILE leading the league in scoring. You my friend have no idea what you're talking about in concerns with Allen Iverson. And just cause Miller didn't win a title doesn't make him overrated. The same goes with Malone, Stockton, Barkely, Ewing and all the other great players who went with out rings.

Maximum_Carnage said:
A.I. changes is ways (having a press conference explaining why he shouldn't have to practice!)
Once again, no F-ing clue what you're talking about. That was taken out of context. GO look for the entire interview first, then read how that statement came about. Ontop of that, if you followed Philly's traininc camp..Iverson is the first one in the gym and the last one to leave each day.

I like the Lakers, but my second favorite is the Golden State Warriors because of former Bruins Baron Davis and Ray Young. The Lakers could have easily aquired B Diddy last year but didn't.

Whatever! You all can try and sell me the cult that is Iverson. I am not having It. He represents everything that I hate about these new crop of players. Mostly flash. Lebron is great & will go down as Great Wade is great. These players play to win.

As for Stockton, Malone, Barkley, & Ewing not winning.

Ewing was hit by the Jordan Disease.

Barkley has said himself that he was surrounded by crap players. Except in Pheonix, once again struck with the Jordan Disease.

Malone & Stockton - I have no clue why they didn't win they should have totally won. But near the end they were again struck by the Jordan Disease.

Iverson may win it. Looking at his statistics he certainly is capable. Unfortunetely he doesn't have what older players had. Heart. That is my main reason for not liking him. Same goes for Miller.

You kids can sit that & tell me I don't know what I am talking. Slander doesn't really bother me. I have been watching basketball for about 20 years. One thing that I have learned from watching & playing it takes alot more than skill to win.

Maximum_Carnage said:
Whatever! You all can try and sell me the cult that is Iverson. I am not having It. He represents everything that I hate about these new crop of players. Mostly flash. Lebron is great & will go down as Great Wade is great. These players play to win.
AKA, you don't like his look. There was plenty of players with worse attitudes than Iverson back in the 80's and 90's.

Maximum_Carnage said:
Iverson may win it. Looking at his statistics he certainly is capable. Unfortunetely he doesn't have what older players had. Heart. That is my main reason for not liking him.
Once again talking out of your ass I see!!! Iverson year in year out has been known as having the biggest heart in the league. Just ask Shaq, Dr. J, Magic or even Jordan himself..all have emphasized the fact that this 6'0 150 lbs guy can dominate in a league of huge players, and does so by having the biggest heart on the floor. "It's not the size of the dog in the fight...but the size of the fight in the dog." Look how many times AI has battled severe injuries only to lead his teams to victories. Hell look at the entire 2001 season where he put them on his shoulders while having a dislocated elbow and won MVP. Once again I emphasis you are not knowledgeable in basketball at all...no matter how long you've been watching it. You're just bitter and a hater of Allen Iverson. You don't like the appearance, so you make up excuses to hate his game. A.I. has just about as much heart as anyone who has ever played the game.

Maximum_Carnage said:
You kids can sit that & tell me I don't know what I am talking. Slander doesn't really bother me. I have been watching basketball for about 20 years. One thing that I have learned from watching & playing it takes alot more than skill to win.
Son, I play D1 college basketball... that alone puts any of your supposed "knowledge" to shame.

Iverson has the most heart in the league.....

Just got back from the Wizards game....
Im telling you nuk, this peter john ramos guy is a beast.
He's their secret weapon

i think the rockets got it this season.

The Brian said:
i think the rockets got it this season.

Got what? They're not going to take the West away from the Spurs. Swift and Alston aren't pushing them over the top. Sorry. And even if it did I don't think they'd be able to beat the East's top 3 teams in Miami, Indy, and Detroit.

Go Web Go! said:
Got what? They're not going to take the West away from the Spurs. Swift and Alston aren't pushing them over the top. Sorry. And even if it did I don't think they'd be able to beat the East's top 3 teams in Miami, Indy, and Detroit.
you forget last year i think the heat split with houston.

alston is exactly what they needed: good ball handler and distributer and swift is the athletic big man they needed to help yao.

also, expect yao to have a breakout season.

this could be their year.

What does last year have to do with anything? Last year Charlotte beat Miami and Detroit. Does that mean they'll challenge them this year? Not so much...Houston should improve, but I don't think they have enough to get them to the Finals. They're not a better team than San Antonio or the top 3 teams in the East. And Alston is a tad bit overrated...

Go Web Go! said:
What does last year have to do with anything? Last year Charlotte beat Miami and Detroit. Does that mean they'll challenge them this year? Not so much...Houston should improve, but I don't think they have enough to get them to the Finals. They're not a better team than San Antonio or the top 3 teams in the East. And Alston is a tad bit overrated...
alston isn't overrated.

he isn't much more than a ball handler and solid passer which is exactly what the rockets need.

Maximum_Carnage said:
You don't think Iverson plays to win? You don't think he was playing to win when he could barely walk, but still in the game putting up 20+ points a game one year? You don't think he was playing to win when again, and again, and again, he took the ball, and scored points for his team, when no one else could?

Iverson is renown for his heart and will to win. I don't like the guy personally, he's not my favorite player in the world on the court either, but I see him play 80-some games a year, and to say he plays for the celebrity of it is simply not true and a very unimformed opinion.

Nuk Nukk why is it that you feeel the need to call me basically stupid? Just because I disagree with you? Take your head out of Iverson's ass dude! I disagree that is all. It doesn't make me less educated in basketball. It just makes me opinionated. I still feel that I am not wrong. you throw all you want at me and I will not change my mind. I watched the press conference on ESPN when Iverson defended what he had to say about practicing. To me he was taking a crap on the game that I enjoy. I am sure that other players did just as worse back in the day. They are the players that you don't hear about anymore.

I am sorry Iverson to me does not seem to me to be a great player. That is my opinion. I would much rather watch Lebron, Wade, Kidd, & Nash than Iverson. I believe that these players are in it for the team. Not for themselves. Once again my opinion. With all that said I will take what you have said (negating the immature slander) and watch a few more sixers games and see if my opinion will change of him. I doubt it will but I am open to the possibility.

What team do you play for in college? Are you a starter?

All-Star Superman said:
I want to put everybody on notice and warn you to beware of the WIZARDS this year we are taking it all.

Hahahaha, seriously? Come on. First you've got to get past The Heat and the Pistions. Not that the Wiz are a bad team but i'm sorry they're just not on that level yet. Even if by some miracle they make it all the way they are going to have to get past the spurs.

Iverson is overrated. But not as much as Chris Webber :D :down:

droogiedroogie2 said:
NBA is bloated and dull. NCAA all the way.

Agree except Nash and Wade are incredible to watch. Lebron, I'm still waiting for him to become a huge defensive threat, once he does he will be averaging more than 30 game :D

Eyeballing said:

I am still trying to get past the fact that he cost me a crap load of money when he was playing for Michigan. He couldn't count time outs!!! AHHH :mad:

Eyeballing said:
Both because of their age declining their skills.

Maximum_Carnage said:
I am sorry Iverson to me does not seem to me to be a great player. That is my opinion. I would much rather watch Lebron, Wade, Kidd, & Nash than Iverson. I believe that these players are in it for the team. Not for themselves.
Iverson's definitely selfish. But at times (especially early in his career) he had to be selfish for the team to win. He does want to win without question, and if Iverson wins, everyone else on the team does as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"