2005-2006 NBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nuk Nukk said:
PREACH, thanks alot for the re-assurance. You definetely know your bball. Iverson is hands down the greatest player ever to play the game under 6'6". He is like Isiah Thomas version 2.0 +.

HA, how many rings did Isiah win? How many has AI won? Exactly, don't give me that bull**** about Iverson has to score, his team sucks blah blah blah. Isiah himself said. If I wanted I could score 40 points a night, but we wouldn't win.

He was all about the team and he knew what it took to win. Don't give me that bull**** that it's the coaching. When players get to the NBA they shouldn't need very much coaching at all.

Bobby Knight one of the greatest teachers of the game, if not the greatest. Himself said, if a coach does his job right he shouldn't have to be on the floor when the game is being played.

If Iverson ever wins anything maybe I will reconsider, but since he hasn't he is overrated. Did magic ever drop 60? Is Iverson better than him? Did Bird ever drop 60?

Look Iverson may very well when it's all over and done be in the top 50 greatest players of all time, then again maybe not.

I'm not questioning his heart, or desire to win or his talent. He plays hard night and night out. But dropping 60 does not make you elite, also not dropping 60 shouldn't disqualify you from being elite. When it all comes down to it, all that matters is the Championship.

Super_Ludacris said:
lol@this chump getting genuinley mad :o

I am getting pissed because Nuk feels the need to demean people that don't agree with him. I don't like the same players he does. So what! don't tell me I don't know about basketball that bull! I love debates on sports. However when 3rd grader name calling starts to make its way into the convo it kills a good debate.

However all this bickering about Iverson is pointless. He is but a blip on the radar screen this year considering the strength of Miami.

Nuk Nukk said:
Vince Carter single handedly turned the Nets season around and led them to the playoffs. If you remember they were headed for the Lottery until Vince came and picked up his game. As for T-Mac..HE WAS THE ROCKETS. He was the only one the team could rely on. Because I know 4th graders with more heart and aggressivness than Yao.

I know fourth graders with more work ethic and disipline than T-Mac. :rolleyes: What do you want from Yao? His style of play is more of the Hakim, not that Hakim wasn't aggressive, but you can't challenge his heart. For one the guy is 7'5" and only weighs 310lbs and is only 25. On top of it the guy barely gets a break all year, he plays in the NBA 82 game seaon (which we all know it to long anyway) then the playoffs, then he has to go back to China and play for his coutnry. Then it's back here for summer league, then pracitce.

If he is still the same further down the line then okay, the kid is soft. But he is just entering his prime. To early to judge him fully. T-Mac on the other hand
is in his prime, best shape of his life and possibly the MOST talented player in the league. Does he play defense? No. You think that this guy ISN'T overrated?

His comment on when the NBA changed their policy on zone defense

" I never learned to play against it, so I don't think it's fair that they implement it now."

Wow, that's just brilliant, since he came straight out of highschool he thinks that the NBA shouldn't be allowed to change the leagues rules on defense since he doesn't know how to play against it? How about asking ummm I don't know, your COACH? Maybe pick up a book and read about it? How about study some film? Isn't that what this guy gets paid to do?

All he does is play basketball and he makes up excuses? That is some weak ass ****. Just plain lazy and shows he has no work ethic. Iverson maybe just slightly overrated, and maybe it may just be my opinion, but T-Max is definately overated. The guy could be hands down top 3 or even the best player in the league. But he is happy just to be as good as he is without having to work to be better.

Maximum_Carnage said:
T Mac was the Rockets!!! are stupid! FYI I don't have a league pass because I will never... NEVER!!! get satellite. You need to watch more ball "SON!" piss off!!
You really know nothing about basketball.
That comment about AI not having heart was enough.

Eyeballing said:
I know fourth graders with more work ethic and disipline than T-Mac. :rolleyes: What do you want from Yao? His style of play is more of the Hakim, not that Hakim wasn't aggressive, but you can't challenge his heart. For one the guy is 7'5" and only weighs 310lbs and is only 25. On top of it the guy barely gets a break all year, he plays in the NBA 82 game seaon (which we all know it to long anyway) then the playoffs, then he has to go back to China and play for his coutnry. Then it's back here for summer league, then pracitce.

If he is still the same further down the line then okay, the kid is soft. But he is just entering his prime. To early to judge him fully. T-Mac on the other hand
is in his prime, best shape of his life and possibly the MOST talented player in the league. Does he play defense? No. You think that this guy ISN'T overrated?

" I never learned to play against it, so I don't think it's fair that they implement it now."

Wow, that's just brilliant, since he came straight out of highschool he thinks that the NBA shouldn't be allowed to change the leagues rules on defense since he doesn't know how to play against it? How about asking ummm I don't know, your COACH? Maybe pick up a book and read about it? How about study some film? Isn't that what this guy gets paid to do?

All he does is play basketball and he makes up excuses? That is some weak ass ****. Just plain lazy and shows he has no work ethic. Iverson maybe just slightly overrated, and maybe it may just be my opinion, but T-Max is definately overated. The guy could be hands down top 3 or even the best player in the league. But he is happy just to be as good as he is without having to work to be better.
Talent-wise, Yao is one of the worst players in the league. He is known just for his height, nothing else. He barely even has the fundamentals down

Super_Ludacris said:
Mac has one disatrous season (03-04) after 3 previous seasons carrying a squad in the playoffs with no talent and everyone gunning for him. Disgusting
He did lead the league in scoring though that year. Either way he is an elite player. He's the second best SG in the entire leage for christ sakes.

Eyeballing said:

First of all, once again another *****e who took a quote out of context. He wasn't saying it as if "how dare the NBA impliment this system because I have no knowledge of it"...that comment was reffering to the fact that zone defenses makes the game less fun (it does) as this elite athletic players are now limited in showing their physical abilities. Plus I think it is more fun to see someone have to man up and stop a player as to sag into a zone. That's the EASY way out... and they do it in college because not everyone is a superstar. In the NBA you have the best of the best. All most every player in the League was the best player on their college squad, so they all have skills to some extent. Playing zone limits things for the fans and the players. As for T-Mac's work ethic... what the hell do you know about his work ethic? Do you follow him around on a day to day basis? Are you his coach or trainer? Maybe even his teammate? I didn't think so... you probably have never even played on your high school squad, so what the hell would you know about playing ball? I'm sure T-Mac has a work ethic, it's obvious...he was the guy leading the Rockets the entire season and carrying them in the playoffs, with occasional help from Bobby Sura. There is no question he is an elite player.

Maximum_Carnage said:
I am getting pissed because Nuk feels the need to demean people that don't agree with him. I don't like the same players he does. So what! don't tell me I don't know about basketball that bull! I love debates on sports. However when 3rd grader name calling starts to make its way into the convo it kills a good debate.
you weren't debating. you were trying to kill Iverson's character by making fall statements with no actual facts behind them. I was bringing up facts that PROVE you wrong, and you were backing up your ridiculous statements with bias opinion. Same goes for the argument with T-Mac.

Nuk Nukk said:
First of all, once again another *****e who took a quote out of context. He wasn't saying it as if "how dare the NBA impliment this system because I have no knowledge of it"...that comment was reffering to the fact that zone defenses makes the game less fun (it does) as this elite athletic players are now limited in showing their physical abilities. Plus I think it is more fun to see someone have to man up and stop a player as to sag into a zone. That's the EASY way out... and they do it in college because not everyone is a superstar. In the NBA you have the best of the best. All most every player in the League was the best player on their college squad, so they all have skills to some extent. Playing zone limits things for the fans and the players. As for T-Mac's work ethic... what the hell do you know about his work ethic? Do you follow him around on a day to day basis? Are you his coach or trainer? Maybe even his teammate? I didn't think so... you probably have never even played on your high school squad, so what the hell would you know about playing ball? I'm sure T-Mac has a work ethic, it's obvious...he was the guy leading the Rockets the entire season and carrying them in the playoffs, with occasional help from Bobby Sura. There is no question he is an elite player.

Appraently your ignorance knows no bounds. You'r right I didn't play basketball in highschool so I guess that means I know nothing of the game. I mean Dennis Rodman must not know a damn thing since he didn't play start playing basketball until he was in his 20's. :rolleyes:

Again you'r right I wouldn't know about his work ethic since I don't follow him around on a daily basis. I mean only every team he has been on his coaches and teammates say he does not have a good work ethic. Also you can tell that he is not into working out all that much. Look at his body, he is just naturally built that way, has been since he came into the league and still is.

Look at guys like Bonds, Kobe, Shaq, Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, you can TELL they work out and have a good work ethic you can see it in their body and their performances. Like I said T-Mac is a great player and probably the MOST naturally talented in the leauge but that's all he relys on.

His numbers have been close to the same his entire career. Imagine how much better he could be if he actually worked hard. I'm sure he plays basketball all the time to stay on top of his game and his skills. But what does he do beyond that? Lift weights? Study Film? Learn more about the game?

Stop yoru narrow minded thinking and putting others down thinking that you know all there is to know about basketball. As I said you have your opinion and I have mine, stop trying to force your views onto me. I'm not doing so to you, simply stating my opinion and view. You don't have to agree with me and that's fine I don't care if you do. I am simply stating what I think, it's not fact just the same as what you think is not fact.

Eyeballing said:
HA, how many rings did Isiah win? How many has AI won? Exactly, don't give me that bull**** about Iverson has to score, his team sucks blah blah blah. Isiah himself said. If I wanted I could score 40 points a night, but we wouldn't win.
Because he didn't need to like Iverson does. He had one of the greatest supporting casts ever. Let me list some of those players, which all were All-Star caliber players:
Bill Lambier
Dennis Rodman
Rick Mahorne
Mark Aguirre
Joe Dumars
Vinnie Johnson

Eyeballing said:
He was all about the team and he knew what it took to win. Don't give me that bull**** that it's the coaching. When players get to the NBA they shouldn't need very much coaching at all.

Bobby Knight one of the greatest teachers of the game, if not the greatest. Himself said, if a coach does his job right he shouldn't have to be on the floor when the game is being played.
That's exactly the point. It wasn't Larry Brown leading the team. It is up to the players to go out and get it done. The coach is just the template. It wasn't Larry Brown "leading" them into the finals. It was AI. And having the ability like AI to carry your entire team without a legitimate number 2 option puts you in an elite category as well.

Eyeballing said:
If Iverson ever wins anything maybe I will reconsider, but since he hasn't he is overrated. Did magic ever drop 60? Is Iverson better than him? Did Bird ever drop 60?
So are you saying someone is overrated till they win a championship? Was Jordan overrated for the first 7 years of his career because he had yet to win a championship? I don't think so... Sometimes its just not in the cards for a player to win. No but bird Dropped 50 and 40 many a time. And having the ability to do that many times puts you up there as an elite player in itself.

Eyeballing said:
Look Iverson may very well when it's all over and done be in the top 50 greatest players of all time, then again maybe not.
He already is, off pure stats alone.

Eyeballing said:
I'm not questioning his heart, or desire to win or his talent.
Yes you did, don't cop out on your previous statement. You said A.I. had no heart, when he clearly has the most in the ENTIRE League. Please don't make me back track and find it for you. :o Or maybe that was the clown known as Maximum Carnage?

Eyeballing said:
He plays hard night and night out.
Damn skip., probably the hardest in the league.

Eyeballing said:
But dropping 60 does not make you elite, also not dropping 60 shouldn't disqualify you from being elite.
Did I say that was the reason he was/or wasn't elite? No... But you have to have elite level of talent to be able to do that. Plain and simple.

Eyeballing said:
When it all comes down to it, all that matters is the Championship.
Does it really? So that means Reggie Miller, Karl Malone, Charles Barkely, John Stockton are all overrated and weren't elite players and are not Hall of Famers and a few of the best ever to play the game?

Does winning rings equate to being a better player? Bill Cartwright won more rings than Karl Malone, Charles Barkely, Pat Ewing, Hakeen etc. does that mean he is a better individual player? No... your argument is flawed from the start.

Eyeballing said:
Appraently your ignorance knows no bounds. You'r right I didn't play basketball in highschool so I guess that means I know nothing of the game. I mean Dennis Rodman must not know a damn thing since he didn't play start playing basketball until he was in his 20's. :rolleyes:

Again you'r right I wouldn't know about his work ethic since I don't follow him around on a daily basis. I mean only every team he has been on his coaches and teammates say he does not have a good work ethic. Also you can tell that he is not into working out all that much. Look at his body, he is just naturally built that way, has been since he came into the league and still is.

Look at guys like Bonds, Kobe, Shaq, Walter Payton, Jerry Rice, you can TELL they work out and have a good work ethic you can see it in their body and their performances. Like I said T-Mac is a great player and probably the MOST naturally talented in the leauge but that's all he relys on.

His numbers have been close to the same his entire career. Imagine how much better he could be if he actually worked hard. I'm sure he plays basketball all the time to stay on top of his game and his skills. But what does he do beyond that? Lift weights? Study Film? Learn more about the game?

Stop yoru narrow minded thinking and putting others down thinking that you know all there is to know about basketball. As I said you have your opinion and I have mine, stop trying to force your views onto me. I'm not doing so to you, simply stating my opinion and view. You don't have to agree with me and that's fine I don't care if you do. I am simply stating what I think, it's not fact just the same as what you think is not fact.
Don't be so ignorant and stupid to say dumb sh1t like T-Mac doesn't work hard. Because that is an opinion and an argument based entirely off speculation on your part. And no T-Mac's numbers haven;t been the same through out his entire career. He obviouslly worked on his game and came into his own from when he was on the Raptors to where he is now. Eventually players peak off and they stay at a similair status, especially in terms of stats. No one's numbers keep going up every year, they fluctuate or level off...

The Phoenix Suns will be without all-star forward Amare Stoudemire for about four months after he underwent surgery to repair damage to his injured left knee Tuesday.

And "bye bye" to the Suns championship hopes. They'll be lucky to make it into the playoffs.

the knicks got curry they are going to the playoffs

This will be a tell-tale season for T-Mac. He actually has a contention ready team and if there was ever a point to showcase leadership and turning it up a notch, it is here. To claim that he is overrated would be a bit much, however, considering stats prove otherwise. It is understood that defense is the other part of the game and a part that he has not locked down as of yet, but being of lesser defensive stock does not qualify you as an overrated player. He has carried the Rockets and the Magic as well as posting some gaudy numbers and performances. He has proven to not be a flash in the pan and more than a dunker.

AI isn't even up for debate. Isiah is the only player you can even put up against him, inch for inch. "Is there no one else?" No. Name me a better guy, 6'2" and under. Offense, heart, defense, heart, durability, HEART. He's scored 40 or more 50 times, but he's also posted triple doubles, led the team in rebounding in numerous games (at 6'0", maybe) and also holds the single season steals record for the Sixers. Add to that numerous All-Star appearances, a trip to the Finals with a less than competitive team and you have one of the elite.

Ewing went to one Finals. Is he not an elite center? Stockton went to two. Elite point guard? Barkley went to a Finals. Elite power forward? Yes, yes and yes. How is AI not on the list?

MakeMineMarvel said:
This will be a tell-tale season for T-Mac. He actually has a contention ready team and if there was ever a point to showcase leadership and turning it up a notch, it is here. To claim that he is overrated would be a bit much, however, considering stats prove otherwise. It is understood that defense is the other part of the game and a part that he has not locked down as of yet, but being of lesser defensive stock does not qualify you as an overrated player. He has carried the Rockets and the Magic as well as posting some gaudy numbers and performances. He has proven to not be a flash in the pan and more than a dunker.

AI isn't even up for debate. Isiah is the only player you can even put up against him, inch for inch. "Is there no one else?" No. Name me a better guy, 6'2" and under. Offense, heart, defense, heart, durability, HEART. He's scored 40 or more 50 times, but he's also posted triple doubles, led the team in rebounding in numerous games (at 6'0", maybe) and also holds the single season steals record for the Sixers. Add to that numerous All-Star appearances, a trip to the Finals with a less than competitive team and you have one of the elite.

Ewing went to one Finals. Is he not an elite center? Stockton went to two. Elite point guard? Barkley went to a Finals. Elite power forward? Yes, yes and yes. How is AI not on the list?
Exactly, absolute beautiful post. People forget that A.I. jus doesn't do it on the offensive end, he does it on defense as well. I think the reason for their dislike for him is his image, and he may be a little too "street" for them and they rather root for the "non threatning" African Americans that conforms more towards regular White American looks and values. At least that is my opinion, but that is generally the consensus that is against him is middle aged, un-cool (j/k), middle class white Americans. They see him as being of some sort of threat because of his look. But if you actually read up on Iverson, he is the family man that most people dream of being. He is so good with kids, he was prone to ignore Larry Brown before games as he played with HIS kids. A.I. is by no means a bad character, don't simply judge someone by their outward appearance.

I LOVE the Bobcat jerseys!!!

piece_2.jpg

piece_5.jpg

piece_19.jpg

Nuk Nukk said:
PREACH, thanks alot for the re-assurance. You definetely know your bball. Iverson is hands down the greatest player ever to play the game under 6'6". He is like Isiah Thomas version 2.0 +.

Oscar Robertson was 6ft5 and so was Elgin Baylor. Both better than AI and both under 6ft6.

Nuk Nukk said:
Exactly, absolute beautiful post. People forget that A.I. jus doesn't do it on the offensive end, he does it on defense as well. I think the reason for their dislike for him is his image, and he may be a little too "street" for them and they rather root for the "non threatning" African Americans that conforms more towards regular White American looks and values. At least that is my opinion, but that is generally the consensus that is against him is middle aged, un-cool (j/k), middle class white Americans. They see him as being of some sort of threat because of his look. But if you actually read up on Iverson, he is the family man that most people dream of being. He is so good with kids, he was prone to ignore Larry Brown before games as he played with HIS kids. A.I. is by no means a bad character, don't simply judge someone by their outward appearance.

Now your making assumptions about the way we think? As Peter Griffin would say "stop it, stop it"

ok i no a.i. is a very good player but he just needs to shut up for a whole season

practice we're talkin about practice

ledzep96 said:
ok i no a.i. is a very good player but he just needs to shut up for a whole season

practice we're talkin about practice
Look at his first preseason game. 23 points in 23 minutes of play and he shot 8-14.... Dude has a sick game. And once again that quote is taken out of context. I think its funny, because he does play hard in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"