2005-2006 NBA thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Equint77, Oct 4, 2005.

?

Of the Remaining teams, who will win the NBA TITLE?

1. Mavericks

2. Lakers

3. Clippers

4. Spurs

5. Pistons

6. Heat

7. Nets

8. Cavs

9. Wizards

10. Kings

11. Suns

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super_Ludacris Registered

Ah crap I just saw Sportscenter and they said that Amare injury is smilar to what Penny Hardaway had :( . They gotta be careful, Penny's inital mistake was trying to come back early and further damage the knee (as well as being timidly confused and having misdiagnosed reports from the whack ass Orlando Magic medical team). I'm concerned about how this affects the kid's future cause he's a superstar

2. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

Yeah I was about to post that.. that Amare has the same injury that slowed Anfernee down.

The Suns are in a corner cause they already lost 2 of their starters from last years team.. now they've lost their leading scorer and possibly main threat. They have to make due without that for 4 months in the West... and by that time the might have played themselves out of the playoffs.

Then they have to watch out they don't rush him back too soon and really really screw themselves over. Like I said in my previous post.... it's amazing how one injury to your superstar can throw a whole season.

3. Super_Ludacris Registered

Shawn Marion has got to be on some God Body T-Mac in 2000-2003 and Penny in 95 type ish for real

4. MakeMineMarvel Registered

So much for Amare jumping. People need to stop naming their b-ball talented kids funky "A" names. Anfernee used to be able to "spring" jam at the bucket and became all finga' rolls after the injury. Amare is 6'10" so it'll be a little different but probably no more arcing-arm-swing dunks from the lower part of the circle ...

5. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

I read that Jason Kidd, Houston and Webber have had the same surgery. Not sure if that's any better news but Kidd manages to play without really showing after effects.

6. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

I was watching this show on NBATV that had shaq doing some charity game for Kids and asked Wade to participate..

Now it could have been just acting for the camera but I don't think it is... cause you can actually tell how much Shaq likes being around Dwayne... it's like night and day compared to when he was with Hardaway or Kobe.

And I never really thought Shaq was a bad guy so it makes me wonder much much more of a jackass Kobe is behind the scenes.

7. Whack Arnolds Registered

Definetely dude... plus Kobe has always had an enormous ego and I'm sure that doesn't help. I personally know Dwyane, and he is one of the most down to earth kids you can meet, and he truly is just an overall good dude. His wife is a nice lady as well, and they been together for God knows how long.. Shaq was never known to be a bad guy, he is actually another good hearted person. Penny isn't a "bad character" like Kobe off the court, I think his problems with Shaq stemmed from on the court problems. Kobe was confrontational both on the court and off. And it always seemed he had a "houlier than thou" attitude towards everybody. But aside from all that, my cousin is a lawyer out in L.A., and she met Kobe Bryant in person on her birthday at a club and her friends got him to wish her Happy Birthday and he gave her a kiss. So at least he seems to be nice, but maybe it was because it was a white girl...and we all know how much Kobe secretly loves white women. :p

8. The Joker™ Registered

I think the media might intentionally portray Kobe to be like that.

If not, Shaq has always seemed like such a nice guy though I don't know how Kobe couldn't get along with him.

9. The Joker™ Registered

I hope it doesn't effect him in NBA live.

I killed all my friends last year with the Suns. :joker:

10. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

1 - I geniuinely believe Wade is a great guy and he's one of the true players I root for not wearing a Knick uniform. And it was great watching him and Shaq have fun with those kids playing basketball.

2 - Yeah... when Shaq first came into the league I wasn't his biggest fan... but I watch how much he gets along with his teammates and how much fun he wants to have... I'd give anything to have a player like that on my team... as well as his rebounding, scoring... :D

3 - From day 1 Kobe has had an agenda and that was to eclipse Jordan.. in every way possible. And I'm not surprised he's now one of the least wanted spokespeople in the NBA. And it's kinda funny cause when he was a FA I was hoping he'd make a sign and trade with NY... but that changed quickly... I started to realize he'd just screw the team up with his ego. I'm really interested in seeing how he and Phil are gonna work together.

4 - And yeah.. you should tell your friend to bring a taser with her if she ever runs into Kobe again... LOL. When I think about it.. Kobe must not be the man he thinks he is.... doesn't anyone remember a few years ago. Karl Malone was hitting on his wife? LMAO.... that grandfather tried to take Kobe's woman... at laker games no less. :D

Classic.

11. The Joker™ Registered

I can't imagine how much s**t Kobe must talk well hes guarding you.

They said Jordan talk the most, but with Kobe's ego hardly fitting in the stadium I'm suprised nobodys hit him yet.

12. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

I'm sure someone will and it'll probably be from his own team. :o

I don't wish anything wrong on the guy but damn... he spent 4 Million on a ring to say sorry for cheating on her... But I guess when she could have divorced his ass and taken half his salary.. I guess 4 million is a bargain. :eek:

13. Whack Arnolds Registered

Look for the videoa of Chris Childs on the Knicks whooping his ass like he was Ali throwing a combo. Or the video of Reggie Miller beating him up on the scores table. :eek:
    Kobe always has been a b1tch.

14. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

Yeah... I remember that game against LA... it was funny how Chris socked him in the jaw... :D

Now if only Shaq would punch his face... but I'm afaid he'd end up killing him. :eek:

15. Whack Arnolds Registered

If Shaq hit anybody he would kill them. He just hit some dude in a club recently for looking at his wife...

16. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

[​IMG]

For all the talk about LB not liking rooks.. he's given praise to all 3... Frye, Lee and Nate.

If he can find them minutes as well as speed up their development.... man.. when will NOVEMBER GET HERE!!!

17. NOFX Registered

Hmmm Didnt know about this thread...But anyways Ill be rooting for Lakers and the Clippers but I hope the Heat will go all the way.

18. Whack Arnolds Registered

I was just talking to him on the internet....

19. Go Web Go! Shhhhhhhh!

While we're talking about Kobe...I don't know, I think he's really fake. It feels as if he's forcing himself to do all this charity work and what not to help repair his image. He doesn't seem like the sincerest guy in the world.

Oh, and who heard about Darko getting arrested? Hehe. Good stuff right there (driving with a suspended license for those wondering)

20. Equint77 MY NAME IS HOV

they should arrest him for perpetrating an NBA player.

21. Lobo Liv is Life

H20 is no more

Allan Houston retires :)

22. Super_Ludacris Registered

23. Whack Arnolds Registered

yeap, dude retired..it's about time though..he wasn't gonna get any play anyway. Especially with Penny and Nate playing so well in preseason!!!

24. Super_Ludacris Registered

Penny's playing well?

*inserts Tease alert*

25. Lobo Liv is Life

I wonder if the Knicks will give Houston a job within the orginazation?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.