2006 Congressional Elections Results Thread

hippie_hunter

The King is Back!
Reaction score
I've been keeping track on the results in the "Did You Vote" Thread, but it seems more appropriate to discuss the results of this years election in a separate thread.

Here are the results so far

House of Representatives
Republican Party - 196 seats
Democratic Party - 229 seats (Majority Party)

Senate
Republican Party - 49 seats
Democratic Party - 49 seats (Majority Party)
Independent - 2 seats

State Governors
Republican Party - 21 governors
Democratic Party - 28 governors

You might want to add Governor seats to that list. It looks like the Dems might come out on top of that.

Superman said:
You might want to add Governor seats to that list. It looks like the Dems might come out on top of that.

Good idea, I expect the Democrats to definetely have a majority of the governorships in this country. Not a most likely like in the House

Looks like Blackwell got his ash handed to him in Ohio. Good! He deserves it after what he did in 04. :down:

Superman said:
Looks like Blackwell got his ash handed to him in Ohio. Good! He deserves it after what he did in 04. :down:

What did he do?

hippie_hunter said:
What did he do?
Oh I'm not going into it tonight. It's just my opinion based on everything I've read and reports I've seen about the 04 election and Blackwell's involvement.

Suffice to say I'm happy that Blackwell lost. :up:

Good,i hope the Democrats bring some sanity back to the American Government.

Jourmugand said:
I couldn't agree more!

Jourmugand said:

I doubt it. I think that no matter what party is in power of Congress, it will still be inept. Possibly even more.

Any news on George Allen? Id love to see Makkaka win:woot:

Darthphere said:

He's going to win 82% of the precincts have reported their results and Allen is ahead by over 25,000 votes

Darthphere said:
25,000 votes is not a huge lead.

I said most likely dammit :cmad:, not will because anything can happen.

And the counting is almost done. It's pretty safe to assume that Allen will win. Though his Presidential aspirations are now destroyed.

EDIT: Wow, I did say will, my bad.

Jourmugand said:

Not likely to happen. Here's what IS likely to happen. Democrats will take over the majority again, either now or later. They will keep majority for a while. Public dissatisfaction grows over some of their policies which don't seem to be getting the job done. In a few years, Republicans take back over. Same process.

How long is it going to take us to realize that America is never happy? Of course, there are some extreme sides that will always oppose anyone from the other side, but a majority are moderate people who just get tired of one poor policy or another, and discontent spreads. The minority party uses that to their advantage to unseat incumbents, blah, blah, blah.

I'm traditionally a republican, but I've been so sick of politics lately. Nobody, neither Republican nor Democrat, seems to be getting the job done. All anybody cares about anymore is playing politics.

I need to run for Prez...meanwhile, the political revolving door grows ever so monotonous...

Deuce said:
Not likely to happen. Here's what IS likely to happen. Democrats will take over the majority again, either now or later. They will keep majority for a while. Public dissatisfaction grows over some of their policies which don't seem to be getting the job done. In a few years, Republicans take back over. Same process.

How long is it going to take us to realize that America is never happy? Of course, there are some extreme sides that will always oppose anyone from the other side, but a majority are moderate people who just get tired of one poor policy or another, and discontent spreads. The minority party uses that to their advantage to unseat incumbents, blah, blah, blah.

I'm traditionally a republican, but I've been so sick of politics lately. Nobody, neither Republican nor Democrat, seems to be getting the job done. All anybody cares about anymore is playing politics.

I need to run for Prez...meanwhile, the political revolving door grows ever so monotonous...

It's like you read my mind :wow:

How idiotic. CNN is counting the Independent seats as Democratic seats.

hippie_hunter said:
How idiotic. CNN is counting the Independent seats as Democratic seats.

Because those independent candidates said they will vote Democrat.:huh:

Darthphere said:
Because those independent candidates said they will vote Democrat.:huh:

They lean Democrat, but they are technically independent. The Democrats rejected Joe Liberman and the Vermont guy never joined the Democratic Party. They both ran as independents not Democrats

Hence, they will be counted as such here.

hippie_hunter said:
It's like you read my mind :wow:

so THAT'S what was in my crystal ball a few moments ago

It looks like we're going to win this thing. Have high hopes. My grandfather is hoping that a Democratic majority will make a push to impeach Bush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"