2008 Olympics - Political Discussion Thread

well kicking thousands out of their homes to build Olympic facilities and jailing every government dissident they can get their hands on will garner some criticism for the Chinese government....my issue is not with the Chinese people in any way, shape, or form...it's with the corrupt government that runs the country...

I don't like America mind other countries (not just China but also Iraq, Korea) business, period.

ALL Bush did as a president is he worry about Foreign business. But, now Gas price, food price, things are so expensive. Economy is in an All-time LOW! God I am so Disgusted!!!

I Hate Bush so much!!!!

*sigh*

News flash, junior. ALL American Presidents have to be concerned with foreign relations and what is happening in the world around us. All countries are interconnected at an economic level at the very least and things that happen in one country can effect the economy around the world. And, we do have to be concerned with countries whose actions could present threats to us or our allies because of the impact those actions could have on the world economy and our interests abroad, all semblance of freedom and human rights completely aside. North Korea is a very good example of that (Iraq and Iran, not so much). We cannot survive as an isolationist nation.

jag

*sigh*

News flash, junior. ALL American Presidents have to be concerned with foreign relations and what is happening in the world around us. All countries are interconnected at an economic level at the very least and things that happen in one country can effect the economy around the world. And, we do have to be concerned with countries whose actions could present threats to us or our allies because of the impact those actions could have on the world economy and our interests abroad, all semblance of freedom and human rights completely aside. North Korea is a very good example of that (Iraq and Iran, not so much). We cannot survive as an isolationist nation.

jag

But there are still some who believe that we can.

Look, how many times have Bush acted on foreign affairs Without U.N approval?

I really think anything Amierca or whoever does, must be fully approved by U.N !

Bush thinks he can do whatever he wants... Any country 'HE' finds to be evil, MUST be evil.

You have NO idea at all what you are talking about, you know that?

I love America, I live in America, but I just do not agree or like the idea that people in America harshly critize China (Or other countries) like you guys are doing. Worry about your OWN country (America) Not other countries you don't live in!

STOP being SO nosy! China is not ruled by America, No one have any rights to tell China what to do!!!

Certainly, you have heard education here in America PALES to China, so maybe that's an Area you all American advocates should worry about MORE than Another country you have NO business to worry about!

As someone who has a strong interest in international affairs, that offends me. Basically, you are telling us that the rest of the world is no concern to us because we have problems in the United States. Which I find idiotic, considering we are all citizens of the world regardless of which country we reside in. Some of us have strong convictions, and believe that people deserve the same natural rights and liberties regardless of where they come from. I believe that every single person on this planet deserves a right to live their lives freely and openly, as long as they do not infringe on the rights of others. To deny billions of people the right to express themselves openly, question authority, or pursue faith is wrong as far as I'm concerned. To brutally punish your citizens for violating those laws is an even greater travesty. China is one of the worst countries in the world when it comes to human rights abuses, and I believe that they need to get their ass in gear if they want to be considered a civilized society.

the UN should consider itself lucky they are allowed to keep their cushy offices here in the States...I guarantee the ambassadors of countries that hate us enjoy their free parking, diplomatic immunity, and comped accommodations...

The integrity of the UN has been compromised by the oil for food scandal....I don't trust them any more than North Korea or Iran at this point...

Look, how many times have Bush acted on foreign affairs Without U.N approval?

I really think anything Amierca or whoever does, must be fully approved by U.N !

Bush thinks he can do whatever he wants... Any country 'HE' finds to be evil, MUST be evil.

Great, wonderful... but what does that have to do with having an opinion on China? Bush never said China was evil; in fact, he's best friends with Hu Jintao. Iraq and China are two different countries.

the UN should consider itself lucky they are allowed to keep their cushy offices here in the States...I guarantee the ambassadors of countries that hate us enjoy their free parking, diplomatic immunity, and comped accommodations...

The integrity of the UN has been compromised by the oil for food scandal....I don't trust them any more than North Korea or Iran at this point...

*Sigh* How I just totally DON'T agree with you people, at all!

Discussion is OVER for now! Bye!

Great, wonderful... but what does that have to do with having an opinion on China? Bush never said China was evil; in fact, he's best friends with Hu Jintao. Iraq and China are two different countries.

I was wondering the same thing Jman.

*Sigh* How I just totally DON'T agree with you people, at all!

Discussion is OVER for now! Bye!

...and people wonder why the art of conversation is lost...quitting is an easy habit to pick up...

...and people wonder why the art of conversation is lost...quitting is an easy habit to pick up...

Maybe JediXAngel can show me how to quit smoking. Of course, if I stay in this thread long enough, I might not be able to.

Oh, DON'T blame me! This conversation isn't going anywhere... when

YOU guys DON'T even respect U.N, which is ridiculous.

So, how could I continue this discussion fairly?

It's very obvious, YOU, like Bush, think America can do whatever America wants, No UN approval needed...

:rolleyes:

Oh, DON'T blame me!

It's very obvious, YOU, like Bush, think America can do whatever America wants, No UN approval need...

Do you actually have anything constructive to add to this conversation or are you just trolling?

Oh, DON'T blame me! This conversation isn't going anywhere...

It's very obvious, YOU, like Bush, think America can do whatever America wants, No UN approval need...

If we could vote people out of the country I would nominate you. :up:

jag

Oh, DON'T blame me! This conversation isn't going anywhere...

I don't think anyone said that America should do anything about China.

What can the U.S. do? China has the largest military in the world and one of the most expansive nuclear weapons programs ever. Moreover, China has the United States by the balls economically. If we did anything provocative to China, we would end up screwed in the process.

If, of course, you mean that we can say what we feel about China, yes, you are right-- we are all like Bush in that sense. We all have the ability to use our First Amendment right to say whatever we want to about anything, as long as it does not represent a threat to our social well being. That's more than I can say about the Chinese government, which locks its citizens away or beats them until they're unrecognizable if they speak out against their government.

If we could vote people out of the country I would nominate you. :up:

jag

Oh you would be very suprised a LOT of Americans AGREES with me, that America minds other countries business WAY too much!

Then, how about send all who think this way out? Then, you probably send out at least 1/3 of American-born Whites/blacks, I think.

The U.N. exists because we helped establish it......asking for UN approval is like asking your parents for permission to do something when you're 30....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"