2010 College Football Thread: As The BCS Turns

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so the St. Louis Post Dispatch and the LA Times are reporting that Rodriguez is officially fired...but the Detroit News is reporting that Rodriguez is "in limbo"

I know he gave WVU it's best run in school history and damn near got them to a national title game, but it still brings a twisted smile to my face to see him fail at such a historic and nationally known school.

people are still heated he left West Virginia....how dare he leave such a bastion of culture, entertainment, and diversity as West Virginia??

I'm surprised they didn't want him at Pittsburgh. That would have been hysterical.

I still say Michigan axed him too quickly and Harbaugh isn't coming. Tell Rodriguez either he goes or he has to replace Greg Robinson (who'll be fired regardless of what Rod decides). See if you can get Ron English back. Anyone with a semblance of how to orchestrate a defense. Recruiting stronger on that side of the ball wouldn't be a bad thing either.

But yeah, why does Robinson still have a job?

I wouldn't be surprised if Robinson gets the boot before next season starts

people are still heated he left West Virginia....how dare he leave such a bastion of culture, entertainment, and diversity as West Virginia??

I mean honestly, the nerve of the man. He can still suck on his millions of dollars knowing the team he left behind is still better than his.

I wouldn't be surprised if Robinson gets the boot before next season starts

Robinson is awful, why do people keep hiring him?

And as soon he gets the boot, he'll end up as a position coach back in the NFL.

some people can't be a good head coach or coordinator but are great position or unit coaches

I don't think Mike Singletary makes a good head coach, but he's an awesome DC or linebackers coach

I'm surprised they didn't want him at Pittsburgh. That would have been hysterical.

I still say Michigan axed him too quickly and Harbaugh isn't coming. Tell Rodriguez either he goes or he has to replace Greg Robinson (who'll be fired regardless of what Rod decides). See if you can get Ron English back. Anyone with a semblance of how to orchestrate a defense. Recruiting stronger on that side of the ball wouldn't be a bad thing either.

But yeah, why does Robinson still have a job?

I think the timing is good.. you don't want to wait to long when you need to recruit player for the program.. also brady hoke and les miles are u of m guys that know how to run a dfense.. so I wouldn't be suprised if they go with one of those coaches by next Monday.

January 4, 2011
Viewership Less Urgent As Bowls Go to Cable

By RICHARD SANDOMIR, THE NEW YORK TIMES

All at once this January, the Bowl Championship Series games that were broadcast fixtures were instead on cable.

The Rose Bowl shifted from ABC to ESPN, its superior at the Walt Disney Company, which owns them both. The Fiesta, Orange and Sugar Bowls left Fox for ESPN, as did the B.C.S. title game, which will be played Monday.

The shift was primarily about ESPN’s outbidding Fox by $100 million to carry the games from 2011 to 2014. The effect of this broadcast-to-cable shift is usually a drop in viewership. Old-line networks play to 116 million TV homes; ESPN has about 100 million subscribers.

With ESPN reaching 86 percent of the broadcast universe, some viewers, somewhere, are being disenfranchised. As sports have moved to cable, we’ve seen the viewership fall. It has happened in the N.B.A., the British Open, “Monday Night Football,” the Breeders’ Cup and Nascar. The nine Chase for the Sprint Cup races that left ABC for ESPN last year had a 20 percent drop in viewers, to 4.4 million.

And, predictably, viewership fell for the Rose (14 percent), Fiesta (30 percent) and Orange (22 percent) Bowls from the games that played in the comparable time slots last year. The Sugar Bowl on Tuesday reversed the trend, with a 25 percent gain in Ohio State’s 31-26 win over Arkansas.

ESPN could care less about the ratings decline in contrast it it being on ABC for instance as long as they're making big time money for their Disney shareholders.

then Fox or some other broadcast network should have outbid ESPN for those broadcast rights

Fox's coverage was bad, bad bad. Some ESPN people are bad too, but Fox was friggin horrible.

Ryan Mallett and Mark Ingram have declared for the draft.

Finally, after a month of bowl games, today is the national championship game. All I can say is about goddamn time! No, wait, I'm sorry this afternoon we actually have the Calgon Ancient Chinese Secret Bowl where the #7 team from the MAC takes on the WAC's #8 finisher. :doh:

Hoping for a good game tonight.

Oregon uniforms (even though they're tamed tonight by standards) in HD. That just ain't right.

safety first

Auburn Orange is a lot more obnoxious in HD than Oregons colors

Nonsense. That Oregon DayGlo is pending obscenity legislation in 16 states.

what is this 3 and out ****, huh??

this game is supposed to be like 45-39.....by halftime

It was said that the design for Oregon's uniforms tonight is to make them look like a blur when in motion. The damn dayglo socks are doing it. Or maybe it's the Captain Morgan & Coke. Either way, I'm fairly close to putting on the 3D glasses I received in my Arkham Asylum: GOTY edition.

Jeez, first quarter is almost over already. Knew the game was gonna go fast, just didn't think it would be this fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"