2022 Midterm Thread: Red Wave or Blue Wave

Trump’s 2024 announcement is going to hurt Herschel Walker going into the 12/6 runoffs. Georgia Ds are going to be energized and Warnock is going to get millions of donations after tonight.
Make it so!

Trump’s 2024 announcement is going to hurt Herschel Walker going into the 12/6 runoffs. Georgia Ds are going to be energized and Warnock is going to get millions of donations after tonight.
And after the failure of almost every Trump-picked candidate losing their election, he's going out of his way to make sure Walker fails too. I think Walker would have failed before his announcement but this practically seals it.

That this even went to a run off is a scathing indictment of the GOP voter base.

"Vampires are people - cool people too! Zombies eat brains. They know what's up! Brains are important, not like the Green Deal. We need a Red deal! Blood red for the vampires, and brain red for the zombies."

That this even went to a run off is a scathing indictment of the GOP voter base.

Too incoherent for them to even know when to laugh and chant USA.

I mean, when you’re right you’re right, vampires are cool. Ain’t gonna take that away from the guy.

McCarthy is no Pelosi. Pelosi can get things done with a 218 seat majority but Quevin has to satisfy the moderate Rs, the regular “Freedom Caucus” and the QAnon crazies.

Good luck trying to impeach Biden, guys. Let alone Benghazi 2.0 with Fauci.

McCarthy is no Pelosi. Pelosi can get things done with a 218 seat majority but Quevin has to satisfy the moderate Rs, the regular “Freedom Caucus” and the QAnon crazies.

Good luck trying to impeach Biden, guys. Let alone Benghazi 2.0 with Fauci.
I can see them wasting a lot of time giving it a try.

Cook Political Report 2022 National House Vote Tracker (current as of afternoon of November 17)
Republicans: 53.4M (51.2%) (R+3.9)
Democrats: 49.4M (47.3%)
others: 1.5M (1.4%)
TOTAL: 104.4M

See also: 1962-2020 Table

NBC News House Seat Projections +/- 2 Seats (current as of afternoon of November 17)
Republicans: 221 (50.8%)
Democrats: 214 (49.2%)
TOTAL: 435

-----------------------------------

Qz.com - Biden is the first president in 20 years to hold the Senate at the midterms
Only three other presidents were able to grow support in the midterms in the past century

Salon - Democrats make history with crucial state-level gains

Democrats won key victories in four crucial battleground states — and that's even more important than you think

Last edited:
I have to say, I was dreading the midterms. The reality of what a red wave in this particular cycle would do, with so many extremists and election deniers on the ballot was almost too frightening for me to give too much mental energy to without spiraling into bad anxiety. I donated to campaigns, I cast my vote in a red district, I did what I could, but I wasn't feeling optimistic. That media narrative really got to me and it felt like we were sliding into some inevitable abyss. I saw some of Bouzy's tweets and hoped maybe there was a kernel of truth there, that maybe there was a chance, that (once again) the polls were off. But I definitely didn't have high hopes knowing how midterm cycles tend to go.

It's been heartening to see the results. For once, the Dems seem fairly united (amazing what winning can do, eh?), while the right seems to be in full-on circular firing squad mode, unable to grasp the dire reality of their situation and the brand of insanity they've tethered themselves to. Lulz. I know it's a fleeting moment and there will be many more tough fights ahead, we can't take anything for granted-- but this election definitely gives us all some much needed hope that we can stay engaged, keep beating these wanna-be fascists at the ballot box and with any luck actually start moving this country in a better, more optimistic direction over the long haul.

It's weird...I've been the biggest proponent of locking Trump up for the past 6 years, and if the justice system is at all functional in this country, that's exactly what will happen. And I think there is still a real chance indictments drop within the next few months. But I'm now strangely a bit fearful of that possible outcome. It would be just the off-ramp the right wing media apparatus needs to go all-in on DeSantis while casting Trump as the victim and blaming the "deep state" for his indictment. It would be more fuel for DeSantis to run on. Granted, Trump would still be a total wildcard even if he was under indictment, and it could just further fuel his need to disrupt and distract. It's gonna be a wild ride whatever happens, but I'm grateful that we were able to minimize the amount of crazy holding levers of power, now more than ever.

I have to say, I was dreading the midterms. The reality of what a red wave in this particular cycle would do, with so many extremists and election deniers on the ballot was almost too frightening for me to give too much mental energy to without spiraling into bad anxiety. I donated to campaigns, I cast my vote in a red district, I did what I could, but I wasn't feeling optimistic. That media narrative really got to me and it felt like we were sliding into some inevitable abyss. I saw some of Bouzy's tweets and hoped maybe there was a kernel of truth there, that maybe there was a chance, that (once again) the polls were off. But I definitely didn't have high hopes knowing how midterm cycles tend to go.

It's been heartening to see the results. For once, the Dems seem fairly united (amazing what winning can do, eh?), while the right seems to be in full-on circular firing squad mode, unable to grasp the dire reality of their situation and the brand of insanity they've tethered themselves to. Lulz. I know it's a fleeting moment and there will be many more tough fights ahead, we can't take anything for granted-- but this election definitely gives us all some much needed hope that we can stay engaged, keep beating these wanna-be fascists at the ballot box and with any luck actually start moving this country in a better, more optimistic direction over the long haul.

It's weird...I've been the biggest proponent of locking Trump up for the past 6 years, and if the justice system is at all functional in this country, that's exactly what will happen. And I think there is still a real chance indictments drop within the next few months. But I'm now strangely a bit fearful of that possible outcome. It would be just the off-ramp the right wing media apparatus needs to go all-in on DeSantis while casting Trump as the victim and blaming the "deep state" for his indictment. It would be more fuel for DeSantis to run on. Granted, Trump would still be a total wildcard even if he was under indictment, and it could just further fuel his need to disrupt and distract. It's gonna be a wild ride whatever happens, but I'm grateful that we were able to minimize the amount of crazy holding levers of power, now more than ever.

Agreed. This has definitely restored some of my faith in this country and giving me hope that things aren’t all completely lost.

Also, how ironic of a capper would it be on Trump’s entire legacy for him to just expire while sitting on the pot? Would be a very poetic ending and a tremendous blow to conservative morale in the upcoming election. Win-win.

I just had to mute BrooklynDad. I align with him, but holy **** he takes his ReplyGuy role too seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"