2014 Midterm Elections Results

hippie_hunter

The King is Back!
Reaction score
Instead of going back and forth between multiple threads to talk about tonight's midterm results, we can conveniently talk about them here in this thread :yay:

Cast my very first ballot today, here in Western PA.

I vote for Cuomo for re-election while voting for the GOP for state legislature. I really feel like some great things can be done for New York with a Cuomo/GOP partnership.

CNN is projecting that Mitch McConnell has won re-election.

Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott have won re-election

Republicans have captured West Virginia's Senate seat with Shelly Moore Capito.

I look forward to see how my state turns out. I'm in MI, so obviously the Senate race isn't up for grabs, even with Levin retiring.

No, the interesting race will be the Governor and the Wolf hunt referendum.

I do hate having to vote for university and college trustees. And why I have to vote for judges even if there is no competition? (2 candidates for 2 spots?)

Well, this is bound to make you happy. :o there's no Sarvis effect in Virginia this go around.

:o instead it's down in Florida where Libertarian Wyllie is getting close to 4% of the vote for Governor.

In two races in which a 3rd party might win...Kansas has an R vs I vs a L, Independent Greg Orman may win the Senate race there...

...In Florida, I think the 13th District, Libertarian Lucas Overby is going up against the R there, no D is running. Not expected to win though.

I voted for Sean Haugh, Libertarian in NC today. It was pretty much just to vote for LP and he didn't annoy me like the other two. And the dude actually delivers pizza for a living for the time being. That's something...

If it makes you feel any better, I voted Libertarian for the various college and university trustees.

Senators James Inhofe, Jeff Sessions, Susan Collins, Lamar Alexander, Ed Markey, and Corey Booker win re-election

James Lankford wins Oklahoma's Special Election

Last edited:
Tom Wolf has defeated Governor Tom Corbett in Pennsylvania.

I look forward to see how my state turns out. I'm in MI, so obviously the Senate race isn't up for grabs, even with Levin retiring.

No, the interesting race will be the Governor and the Wolf hunt referendum.

I do hate having to vote for university and college trustees. And why I have to vote for judges even if there is no competition? (2 candidates for 2 spots?)

When I voted, I just voted for the Senate. I even asked if I had to fill out the entire thing or if I could just vote Senate. Was told if I only wanted to do Senate only, it was fine.

On another note...

http://www.politico.com/2012-election/results/president/florida/

Gary Johnson, Libertarian got 44,681 votes. 0.5% of vote in 2012 for President in Florida.

In 2014, in the Governor race in Florida A. Wyllie, is at...

http://www.politico.com/2014-election/results/map/governor/florida/#.VFl1P2MiSyI

3.8% of the vote and 135,148 votes. And that's with 22.7% reporting.

Growth for LP there or people just rather voting for any other option than Crist and Scott?

Lex Luthor is currently leading in Florida's governor's race.

Lindsey Graham and Tim Scott have won re-election

I don't know why the Dems didn't go for Scott's seat, that could have been in play with the right candidate. I guess the fact that seat will be up again in 2 years they might try harder then

I don't know why the Dems didn't go for Scott's seat, that could have been in play with the right candidate. I guess the fact that seat will be up again in 2 years they might try harder then
It's South Carolina, that's why. The Democratic brand has been destroyed in the Deep South. It's a waste of time and effort. That would be like if the GOP made a serious effort for a Hawaii Senate seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"