2023 Banned User of the Year

He got multiple probation within a short period of time for flaming, trolling, and such. Then it came to our attention he was a PBU shortly after he struckout. How we found that out was....wild to say the least. But I will leave it at that

What’s a PBU? And yeah, his trolling was egregious. It was sad how he went out.

I liked some of his ideas too. But he just got wild overnight and couldn’t let certain arguments die.
Seemed like he wanted to be a contrarian just for sake of being one. I could swear I recall him saying that he wasn't a fan of James Gunn to later declaring him to be the hero that'll save the genre with DC.

I've been avoiding the Hype Awards boards because I really want to take my time in nominating people so I'm catching up on all of this now. Apart from enjoying the discussion going on in this thread I really don't have anyone to nominate since the only banning that stood out to me lately only happened the other week (not technically 2023) and it shockingly wasn't a perma-ban.

Basically there have been a few times over the years where I'll think, "Did that really warrant a ban?" but not this time.

No, this time it was Arnold Rimmer going on a diatribe against the 2016 Ghostbusters movie, which to me wasn't the controversial part because the negativity around that has just been white noise to me for the last 8 years, but he chose to follow it up by telling not just a moderator, but a super moderator "Screw you" for literally no reason at all.

I was floored. Who does this guy think he is, the other Arnold?

Av4z.gif

Did Invader Joker get banned? If so, I’m not nominating him but I’m just glad he’s gone. He made the Batman and Superman boards insufferable.
For two months. He's never really done anything permaban worthy even if he can be... a very stubborn boy.

He’s temp banned. He’ll be back.

Maybe not. Coming back after a lengthy banishment can be a challenge. There's the anger of feeling you were unjustly targeted combined with the embarrassment of being infantilized after being put on an extended time out. Mr. IJ may come to realize that no one missed him during his semester abroad and his time was better spent on more productive activities. That the peak era of superhero cinema appears to have come and went may also play a role in a given poster's decision to shrug off the blow and come back to lick the hand of the Hype.

Maybe not. Coming back after a lengthy banishment can be a challenge. There's the anger of feeling you were unjustly targeted combined with the embarrassment of being infantilized after being put on an extended time out. Mr. IJ may come to realize that no one missed him during his semester abroad and his time was better spent on more productive activities. That the peak era of superhero cinema appears to have come and went may also play a role in a given poster's decision to shrug off the blow and come back to lick the hand of the Hype.
And that is totally fine if he feels that way. Invader is an adult, Invader did something very silly and was 100% asking for it. Whether he posts again or not is entirely his call.

The one I'm surprised to hear about is @Batmannerism.

I interacted with him quite a bit in the Marvel threads - he even sent me a PM once. I always found him to be very supportive and friendly...

I wasn't aware of any controversy surrounding his posts. I guess that's because I tend to only visit a few of the boards here at The Hype...

Responding to a serious and important message from the mod staff about racism with an eye roll emoji is the definition of infantile behaviour and he deserves to be embarrassed, very embarrassed.
c6472aca-c19b-4bf0-a632-49233593bd6c_text.gif

I have constantly been hoping to see Mandon Knight post on here for some time. I remember him making a comment once on one of his posts about how he has been through a few boughts of cancer treatments.
I truly hope that he is well and healthy and that he is so busy enjoying himself with friends and family that he doesn’t have time to come on here and debate things like the Snyderverse with us.

I have constantly been hoping to see Mandon Knight post on here for some time. I remember him making a comment once on one of his posts about how he has been through a few boughts of cancer treatments.
I truly hope that he is well and healthy and that he is so busy enjoying himself with friends and family that he doesn’t have time to come on here and debate things like the Snyderverse with us.
I remember he'd recently met a girl and things seem to be progressing well, so I hope it's that - as you say - he's just too busy with a happy life! :yay:

I also remember he was indeed a fan of the Snyderverse...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"