2023 Banned User of the Year

I remember he'd recently met a girl and things seem to be progressing well, so I hope it's that - as you say - he's just too busy with a happy life! :yay:

I also remember he was indeed a fan of the Snyderverse...
We used to joke around with annd tease each other. He thought (ahem….said) that Green Lantern was better than any Marvel movie. Super cool dude. Made a movie as I recall and I forgot to buy it. Sounded like fun.

It would really suck if something happened to him. I really like him.

I must admit I did enjoy (pre three month ban) seeing hyper argumentative posters finally getting their comeuppance. But it's important to understand that there is a real person at the other end of Gojira's feet. The human version of Megalon may have been having a bad week or month, may be struggling at home or on the job. The banned poster, who could be dealing with mental illness, now has to adjust to a portion of their daily routine being changed, in some cases permanently. That, other gifs and the likes received for banishment posts are piling on an already bad situation and should not be tolerated.
This works both ways. When you start explaining to other people who "real trans people" are or how you incorrectly think language works, maybe consider there are real people reading that.

Last edited:
This works both ways. When you start explaining to other people who "real trans people" are or how you incorrectly think language works, maybe consider there are real people reading that.
You misquote me. In my post I referred to an actual trans person I knew. I don’t believe I used “real” as a descriptor, but I could be mistaken. My quote was quickly deleted and a lengthy suspension issued, probably by your close ally (enabler?) in management.

As for my understanding of language, I just so happen to have minored in English about four decades ago at a somewhat competitive state university. Just so you know who you are dealing with.

I liked one of your recent posts, which I see now was a mistake. I decided to start occasionally posting again for S&G and am planning on keeping it light and breezy. With you coming off a recent lengthy “vacation” it’s probably for the best for both of us that we don’t engage.

You misquote me. In my post I referred to an actual trans person I knew. I don’t believe I used “real” as a descriptor, but I could be mistaken. My quote was quickly deleted and a lengthy suspension issued, probably by your close ally (enabler?) in management.

As for my understanding of language, I just so happen to have minored in English about four decades ago at a somewhat competitive state university. Just so you know who you are dealing with.

I liked one of your recent posts, which I see now was a mistake. I decided to start occasionally posting again for S&G and am planning on keeping it light and breezy. With you coming off a recent lengthy “vacation” it’s probably for the best for both of us that we don’t engage.
Hey, don't be a prick. Snow and Darth align because Snow and Darth both have coherent, strong morals.

Also Darth was not on a "vacation". Dude just wasn't posting for a bit. He was not, and never has been, banned.

I did not mistake it. I know what you said. And you said it as if you know whether I or anyone I know is trans. Or that knowing a trans person gives you the right to disrespect other trans people.

You then decided to talk about your dislike for the use of the singular they/them pronouns for non-binary people. That in an of itself is demeaning to trans people. Specifically non-binary folk. When I showed you a basic, obvious use of it, outside of non-binary people, namely something like this:

Person 1: My friend's coming over.

Person 2: When are they getting here?

Person 1: About 6.

You decided to dismiss it. Which again, demeaning. I majored in English in college by the way, not that it matters. It's about empathy.

I'm not coming off a ban. I've been incredibly depressed do to many things over the last couple of years, and did not want to take it out on others. I asked to be banned so I couldn't do that. The reason I came back is because there are a lot of beautiful people here, who are extremely kind.

Hey, don't be a prick. Snow and Darth align because Snow and Darth both have coherent, strong morals.

Also Darth was not on a "vacation". Dude just wasn't posting for a bit. He was not, and never has been, banned.
I don’t believe my behavior was prickish. I have long thought it odd that the most aggressive and argumentative poster (imo) on the Hype appeared to operate in lockstep with a moderator who was not light with the ban hammer. Though I applaud them both for their coherent, strong morals it seemed to me like a potential area for conflict.

I saw Darth took a lengthy break from posting and thought (incorrectly) that said poster had been dealt consequences fot his actions. My mistake.

You know what they say about when you assume. Neither of Darth’s closest friends on the staff issued your previous suspension. This thread is not free rein to ignorantly question our staff’s integrity like that. Keep down this road, and you may as well have not returned at all.

I did not mistake it. I know what you said. And you said it as if you know whether I or anyone I know is trans. Or that knowing a trans person gives you the right to disrespect other trans people.

You then decided to talk about your dislike for the use of the singular they/them pronouns for non-binary people. That in an of itself is demeaning to trans people. Specifically non-binary folk. When I showed you a basic, obvious use of it, outside of non-binary people, namely something like this:

Person 1: My friend's coming over.

Person 2: When are they getting here?

Person 1: About 6.

You decided to dismiss it. Which again, demeaning. I majored in English in college by the way, not that it matters. It's about empathy.

I'm not coming off a ban. I've been incredibly depressed do to many things over the last couple of years, and did not want to take it out on others. I asked to be banned so I couldn't do that. The reason I came back is because there are a lot of beautiful people here, who are extremely kind.
I am sorry to hear about your depression. I hope you are getting the appropriate care to successfully manage it.

Management has decried that certain aspects of trans rights are not appropriate for discussion. I therefore concede to your position.

Singular they — a favorite among grammar trivia nerds! Wikipedia has an extensive article on the topic. And it was Merriam-Webster’s Word of the Year for 2019.

By the way, SHH has a grammar thread for anyone who’s interested in the nitpicky minutia of grammar, spelling, usage and punctuation. :nerdy:

You know what they say about when you assume. Neither of Darth’s closest friends on the staff issued your previous suspension. This thread is not free rein to ignorantly question our staff’s integrity like that. Keep down this road, and you may as well have not returned at all.
Earlier in this thread Dr. raised the idea of a ban notification to provide additional transparency on the banishment issue to posters who may have noticed that someone disappeared and has no context as to the reason. It sounded like a good idea and may keep horses arses such as myself from reaching conclusions based on incomplete information.

You can add me to the list of people that will vouch for Snow. Like I said earlier in the thread, yall only see half the battle. Snow isn't going out banning people cause of grudges and such. As a group, no one on the staff does that. That's more or less something people imagine that we do when people are upset with us for whatever reason, but we don't have a secret council table where we plot people's systematic fall on our course to world domination. When it comes to banning and such, unless it's an obvious spambot or something easy like that, we have a discourse about it. It is unfair to single out @Snow Queen in this case just based on encounters in discussions. Snow is good people and works hard for the posters on here.

You can add me to the list of people that will vouch for Snow. Like I said earlier in the thread, yall only see half the battle. Snow isn't going out banning people cause of grudges and such. As a group, no one on the staff does that. That's more or less something people imagine that we do when people are upset with us for whatever reason, but we don't have a secret council table where we plot people's systematic fall on our course to world domination. When it comes to banning and such, unless it's an obvious spambot or something easy like that, we have a discourse about it. It is unfair to single out @Snow Queen in this case just based on encounters in discussions. Snow is good people and works hard for the posters on here.

So what you're saying is there's no mod Baxter Building or Quinjets?

200.gif

I picture it more like the BTAS episode Almost Got 'Im. Only in this instance, everyone's idea is to just throw a rock.

Earlier in this thread Dr. raised the idea of a ban notification to provide additional transparency on the banishment issue to posters who may have noticed that someone disappeared and has no context as to the reason. It sounded like a good idea and may keep horses arses such as myself from reaching conclusions based on incomplete information.
We don’t have a system in place for such a notification, but even if we did, honestly, that’s nobody’s business but the bannee and the mod team. The rest of the board is not entitled to that knowledge. If people want to know, they can ask about it, as it happens now, and we will decide on a case-by-case basis whether or not the details should be shared. Often times there are other individuals involved in these incidents who are still active posters, and we have to be mindful of that.

Schlosser85 was banned? Huh, I didn't know.
Me neither. Weren't they a moderator themself at some point? Or maybe I'm misremembering.

I didn't even know batmannerism was banned too, for that matter.

Edit: my question got answered just from reading through the thread :eek:

I am late to catch up...but I was really surprised to learn about Spider Aziz.

I was always wondering what happened with him as he always active in the Civil War thread before and he always kindly reacted and replied to any of my post and then suddenly he stops posting. And I also got an answer by reading the last year's banned user thread.

He seems like a nice, easy going and funny person to interact with. So not expecting that type of behaviour from him. A shame.

I am late to catch up...but I was really surprised to learn about Spider Aziz.

I was always wondering what happened with him as he always active in the Civil War thread before and he always kindly reacted and replied to any of my post and then suddenly he stops posting. And I also got an answer by reading the last year's banned user thread.

He seems like a nice, easy going and funny person to interact with. So not expecting that type of behaviour from him. A shame.
I liked him. We've emailed a few times, last time was just after New Year. He says he's doing fine.

We don’t have a system in place for such a notification, but even if we did, honestly, that’s nobody’s business but the bannee and the mod team. The rest of the board is not entitled to that knowledge. If people want to know, they can ask about it, as it happens now, and we will decide on a case-by-case basis whether or not the details should be shared. Often times there are other individuals involved in these incidents who are still active posters, and we have to be mindful of that.

Am I imagining it or do I not remember a feature at some point in the near 20 years I've been lurking these forums if you want to call it that, whereby if you stumbled across a post from someone that had been banned, their name would still be were it normally is, but their avatar was gone & it would say 'Banned User' in the spot where your custom title would be.. ?

Am I imagining it or do I not remember a feature at some point in the near 20 years I've been lurking these forums if you want to call it that, whereby if you stumbled across a post from someone that had been banned, their name would still be were it normally is, but their avatar was gone & it would say 'Banned User' in the spot where your custom title would be.. ?
The OG forum did that automatically but the new forum i off-hand don't know if it can be programmed that way. That's an above my pay grade thing lol

• Understood
Reactions: B
The OG forum did that automatically but the new forum i off-hand don't know if it can be programmed that way. That's an above my pay grade thing lol

I'm glad my memory still works then. :D

I kind of liked that, at the minute I'm pretty sure if you find a banned users post or old thread, it just looks like they're still a member.

That might have been on the old version of the site before Xenforo. Now it just puts a line through the name if they’re banned (temp or permanent).

EDIT: whoops, missed SF answering that already lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"