2022 Banned User of the Year

Harassment and bigotry in private chats, which had gone on for years before we learned about it, unfortunately.

The bigotry wasn't always private, he was pretty open about it back in the day. But he eventually realized that he was going to get banned for saying the **** he did, so he completely revamped his persona on here, and pretended like the things from the past never happened in the first place.

That's why people are confused about his banning: they only ever saw the "nice" personality he crafted, and not the homophobia and hate from the past. He also had an issue with personal boundaries, and multiple times tried to get a hold of a member's personal info off-site. In general, the site is better off without him.

Yeesh. Well, that is absolutely awful. I didn’t know about any of that.

Don't worry about it, there was no way you could have known. The amount of people who remember this stuff and still post here grows smaller with every passing year. Which is probably what he was hoping for.

Me neither. I joined in 2014, but didn't interact with him until more recently....mostly on the MCU vs thread where cutting edge issues are discussed. I never saw a single disrespectful post from him, but that meant exactly squat. I've got no sympathy for homophobes, sexist S***, bigots, etc. Krypton, on the other hand, was cool. He could get his hackles up, but seemed like a genuinely good guy. I wish he had paid more attention to me cautioning him about his posts. Sometimes it's hard to break the cycle if you get a little bit pissed.

I wish he had answered my email. I was gonna tell him that if he ever wanted to visit California, that I'd put him up.

Me neither. I joined in 2014, but didn't interact with him until more recently....mostly on the MCU vs thread where cutting edge issues are discussed. I never saw a single disrespectful post from him, but that meant exactly squat. I've got no sympathy for homophobes, sexist S***, bigots, etc. Krypton, on the other hand, was cool. He could get his hackles up, but seemed like a genuinely good guy. I wish he had paid more attention to me cautioning him about his posts. Sometimes it's hard to break the cycle if you get a little bit pissed.

I wish he had answered my email. I was gonna tell him that if he ever wanted to visit California, that I'd put him up.

It's not your fault, Aziz went out of his way to craft the "overly nice" persona to hide his past. He was very persistent in avoiding facing what he had said, which always told me he had never changed. If he had grown, he would be able to accept what he said in the past as wrong, instead of just pretending it never happened.

KRYPTON was incredibly frustrated with the moderation on this site, and felt he was being singled out because of his posting habits in the lounge. His patented GIF/YouTube video combo often drew the ire of certain mods because it "slowed down the site". Never mind that any computer/phone/tablet built since the Obama administration could handle it, but alas. He felt they were going through his posts with a fine-toothed comb, looking for reasons to ban him, while others posted profanity-laden videos elsewhere with no penalty. You could argue he was being a tad bit paranoid, but in the end I think he just didn't care if he was banned or not. He's a good dude, and I miss him.

It's not your fault, Aziz went out of his way to craft the "overly nice" persona to hide his past. He was very persistent in avoiding facing what he had said, which always told me he had never changed. If he had grown, he would be able to accept what he said in the past as wrong, instead of just pretending it never happened.

KRYPTON was incredibly frustrated with the moderation on this site, and felt he was being singled out because of his posting habits in the lounge. His patented GIF/YouTube video combo often drew the ire of certain mods because it "slowed down the site". Never mind that any computer/phone/tablet built since the Obama administration could handle it, but alas. He felt they were going through his posts with a fine-toothed comb, looking for reasons to ban him, while others posted profanity-laden videos elsewhere with no penalty. You could argue he was being a tad bit paranoid, but in the end I think he just didn't care if he was banned or not. He's a good dude, and I miss him.
Yeah.....I knew about Krypton's frustrations and also felt he just said "Oh screw it. If they're going to pick on me, I'll just do what I want."

Yeah.....I knew about Krypton's frustrations and also felt he just said "Oh screw it. If they're going to pick on me, I'll just do what I want."

C'est la vie. I hope he's well at least. And I hope they removed that tree from his work's lobby that smelled like fetid plumb.

That’s one of those POV things because he was given more chances than pretty much anyone on this site.

That said, I liked him a lot and miss him a great deal. I certainly hope he’s doing well.

That’s one of those POV things because he was given more chances than pretty much anyone on this site.

That said, I liked him a lot and a miss him a great deal. I certainly hope he’s doing well.

Like I said, there was at least a tinge of paranoia to it. In the end, he was told not to do a thing, and then he kept doing that thing. He knew what he was doing. It sucks, but all things come to an end.

My exchanges with Aziz were limited to comics, CBMs and video games in their respective sections here. I rarely ventured in the politics section back then, so I wouldn't have seen that side of him.

However, I knew he is Muslim so deep down in me recognized he would have bigoted views towards the LGBT and if he ever made those publicly clear he would be in big trouble here.

The harassments in private messages are shady, too. Good riddance.

Not all Muslims are homophobes. I hesitate to dip my toe in here, but think we have to be as careful about branding Muslims as we are Christians and so on. I'm not a member of any organized religion. At the same time, I think it important to judge people based on who they are.

Mostly, I think we should probably stick to the subject of the thread.

Anyway, that's it for me on this subject and it's a shame Krypton got banned.

*cough* On the matter of posting excess gifs and videos, honestly, I have to disagree. It is quite often very obnoxious going into threads and finding non-stop streams of image content. Even if it doesn't outright lag out or crash the browser ( and I have *absolutely* had this happen, even on desktop computers ), it still makes the threads painful to go through. I pretty much don't even bother with casting threads these days for this very reason, because for every post with actual content or discussion, there's a five others filled with ten giant pictures each, that say nothing other than "here's a glamour shot of an actor".

If I had my druthers, I'd require that any post containing more than a single image? Put those images beyond a spoiler block.

If something is annoying to one of us personally, there’s a way to deal with it. You go to the mods and see if there’s a workaround or if the rule can be changed. I’ve done this on multiple occasions when I’ve come across a problem. My understanding, in this particular case, is that krypton was banned because of the content; not for posting excessive GIFs.

Last edited:
Yeah, Krypton got the axe because he kept posting videos with uncensored swears in them. If I remember right, it was a clip from Karate Kid III of all things that got him a pro-ban one time. And then he was told he wasn't allowed to post videos or images of any kind anymore, but continued to do so.

But he felt like he was getting extra attention because people didn't like his posting habits. But he was still posting things he shouldn't, or videos that he should have given a more careful glance to before hitting "submit".

Yeah, Krypton got the axe because he kept posting videos with uncensored swears in them. If I remember right, it was a clip from Karate Kid III of all things that got him a pro-ban one time. And then he was told he wasn't allowed to post videos or images of any kind anymore, but continued to do so.

But he felt like he was getting extra attention because people didn't like his posting habits. But he was still posting things he shouldn't, or videos that he should have given a more careful glance to before hitting "submit".

LOL, of all the movies to get in trouble for posting clips of. Leave it to Krypton to find the one scene in Karate Kid 3 with foul language. He must have had to scour the movie for that one.

LOL, of all the movies to get in trouble for posting clips of. Leave it to Krypton to find the one scene in Karate Kid 3 with foul language. He must have had to scour the movie for that one.

I think it was the scene where Kreese pops out from behind a cardboard cutout of himself to scare LaRusso. Always go out on top, you know?

I think it was the scene where Kreese pops out from behind a cardboard cutout of himself to scare LaRusso. Always go out on top, you know?
I LOVE Karate Kid III and I love that scene! I have an insatiable desire to post a gif of this scene, but I will exercise self control in light of this discussion.

i wish he paid more attention to our warnings as well.

it's odd, because i was one of the ones who taught him how to post media in the first place, and i'm fairly certain he thought i was one of the ones singling him out. i never felt that it slowed down the site, but sometimes i felt it derailed some conversations.

he had multiple chances, and numerous things posted that didn't follow hype rules were removed without incident. sadly, enough were that warranted his auto ban. when posts are removed for not following hype guides, the warnings/infractions are sent privately. people don't know that someone was sent one, unless that person chooses to discuss it openly. not saying those are the only type of infractions he had, as he had some for other reasons as well. i'm only mentioning those as they were brought up. whether he posted things without ensuring they were hype-appropriate or simply didn't care, i don't know, but it happened multiple times. i
The Celebs forum is kaput pretty much from all the cease and removal requests that legal teams were hitting the Hype with. he even got a copyright warning from someone's legal team, i don't recall which, which was sent to the hype mgmt at the time. I believe it was KISS' team.

i liked him a lot. we've had some great convos over the years, and he'd personally reach out via PM to me about things that i was struggling with in real life and i appreciated that a lot. i do think of him often, as i do other posters who aren't around anymore and i genuinely hope he's doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"