2023 Banned User of the Year

I am late to catch up...but I was really surprised to learn about Spider Aziz.

I was always wondering what happened with him as he always active in the Civil War thread before and he always kindly reacted and replied to any of my post and then suddenly he stops posting. And I also got an answer by reading the last year's banned user thread.

He seems like a nice, easy going and funny person to interact with. So not expecting that type of behaviour from him. A shame.
whoa what happened with Spider Aziz? I read through the whole thread and didn't see him mentioned at all

That might have been on the old version of the site before Xenforo. Now it just puts a line through the name if they’re banned (temp or permanent).

EDIT: whoops, missed SF answering that already lol.

It doesn't look like that for me, banned users just look like everyone else if you stumble across a thread with one of their posts.

spider.png

It doesn't look like that for me, banned users just look like everyone else if you stumble across a thread with one of their posts.

View attachment 83496
Weeeeiiird. Does it show the strike-through if you click on the name to view the profile?

Weeeeiiird. Does it show the strike-through if you click on the name to view the profile?

Nope, on Spider-Aziz's in particular this comes up when you click his name once;

aziz.png

Then if you click it again to try to visit his profile it says;

pro.png

Which is normal for some users, I presume it means they've it set to private or friends only.

@SniperHF Is this a glitch?

I presume I'm not alone with it appearing like this, hence why more often than not you get people coming into these sorts of threads with some disbelief that, usually a forum regular, has been banned.. ?

It's been like this for a few years because I've usually only found out a long-term poster was banned by visiting this yearly 'Banned User of the Year' thread. I remember learning of KRYPTON INC's ban via one last year or the year prior.

I presume I'm not alone with it appearing like this, hence why more often than not you get people coming into these sorts of threads with some disbelief that, usually a forum regular, has been banned.. ?

It's been like this for a few years because I've usually only found out a long-term poster was banned by visiting this yearly 'Banned User of the Year' thread. I remember learning of KRYPTON INC's ban via one last year or the year prior.
Well we just had another user notice someone was recently banned when there were no posts indicating that to be the case and inquired about it a couple days ago, so I know it can’t be happening with everyone. Maybe it’s browser specific. :hmm

Well we just had another user notice someone was recently banned when there were no posts indicating that to be the case and inquired about it a couple days ago, so I know it can’t be happening with everyone. Maybe it’s browser specific. :hmm

Possibly, I'm running standard default Google Chrome with no extensions.

Could maybe be the forum theme I have selected? I'm probably blind but I can't see where to change it to check. :D

EDIT - I found the themes, but it still appears the same, the differences between the themes available must be subtle as they look the same to me.

Last edited:
why was Spider-Aziz banned?
I recall someone saying he was sending extremely nasty posts about gay people and women. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I knew he lived in the Middle East and was Muslim, but he was always very polite to me.

Nah, I'm on Firefox, used Opera and Chrome in my time here

Never seen a name crossed out. Might've done with the old UI and don't remember, but certainly not with the new UI

I recall someone saying he was sending extremely nasty posts about gay people and women. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I knew he lived in the Middle East and was Muslim, but he was always very polite to me.
Correct, though it was in private, not in posts. There was also a harassment issue. When I say “some posters are different people in PM’s than on the boards,” Aziz was the textbook example.

Correct, though it was in private, not in posts. There was also a harassment issue. When I say “some posters are different people in PM’s than on the boards,” Aziz was the textbook example.
Yeah......I meant PMs.......they're kind of like those mean posts and PMs I'm always sending you. 😘

Ohhhhhh man, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not Middle eastern, but I am a Muslim. And I know how important it is to think empathetically and inclusively. I know what it's like to be discriminated against, so I definitely wouldn't want anyone else in the world to have to be mistreated or live in fear just because of who they are

Ohhhhhh man, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not Middle eastern, but I am a Muslim. And I know how important it is to think empathetically and inclusively. I know what it's like to be discriminated against, so I definitely wouldn't want anyone else in the world to have to be mistreated or live in fear just because of who they are
Yeah.....I was surprised he was banned for that stuff. We talked a little about where he lived (Bahrain IIRC), how things were going, and so forth and I thought I had a pretty good sense of who he was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"