3 Halo Killers in 08?

ProjectPat2280

SELLING...PERFECTION
Reaction score
Came across this article and i figured id share it. If this thread needs to be merged into another then do so. Anyway, this site lists 3 potential Halo killers set to drop in 08.

Resistance 2

Killzone 2

Rainbow Six : Vegas 2

So, what do you guys think? Could the goliath known as Halo go down in 08? Will these be the games to do it? Now the author defines "Halo Killer" as a "FPS so good, that people will talk about it more than Halo". If thats the case then yea, i could see these games taking Halo down....for a few days. But overall I'm gonna say NONE of these games will come close to taking Halo down. They DEFINITELY wont do Halo 3 numbers nor will they create the PR buzz. So, again, what do you guys think?

http://n4g.com/gaming/News-111621.aspx

People will be talking about these games more than Halo just because Halo 3 will be old by the time they come out.

People will be talking about these games more than Halo just because Halo 3 will be old by the time they come out.

I agree to an extent. But as quick as Halo fades when a new shooter comes out, it eventually rises right back to the top. Its like a f'ing phoenix.

Lets see...Killzone 1 was called a Halo killer, and then it sucked.

Resistance was supposed to be a phenomonal title, and then sucked.

And Rainbow 6 has it's own totally seperate following, much how Call Of Duty 4 wasnt a Halo Killer.

So no.

Lets see...Killzone 1 was called a Halo killer, and then it sucked.

Resistance was supposed to be a phenomonal title, and then sucked.

And Rainbow 6 has it's own totally seperate following, much how Call Of Duty 4 wasnt a Halo Killer.

So no.

Good point(s). I think i hear the phrase "Halo Killer" tossed around more than any other. I dont see a game with the magnitude that Halo 3 possessed for awhile.

Halo Killer has only been an appropirate title for a game once. The day Halo 2 launched, Bungie posted a thing on there site saying that a true Halo Killer had finally arrived, Halo 2. I was hoping that would be the end of the stupid phrase, but...apparently not.

There will be a Halo killer eventually, but no of those are, at least, imo.
Like Joker said, Killzone 1 was not it, it wasn´t even that great of a game, so, why anyone is thinking it makes me wonder...why?
I never played Resistance (don´t have a PS3), but never heard that "it sucks" like many say.
Even so, the first one wasn´t it, nothing gives the idea that this is the one.
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 to be a Halo Killer doesn´t even make sense, RSV is an all different ball game.

All in all, there will be a Halo killer eventually, but those are not it...

I dont see how any of those games can be a "Halo Killer" when they do not even have any of the features to beat Halo 3 & then some. Wake me up when a game can match Halo 3 in features. I would say out of all of those Resistance 2 might be in the right step with all of its multiplayer stuff but all of those games fall short. No game will match Halo 3 in features to beat Halo for a long ash time.

Isildur´s Heir;14077651 said:
There will be a Halo killer eventually, but no of those are, at least, imo.
Like Joker said, Killzone 1 was not it, it wasn´t even that great of a game, so, why anyone is thinking it makes me wonder...why?
I never played Resistance (don´t have a PS3), but never heard that "it sucks" like many say.
Even so, the first one wasn´t it, nothing gives the idea that this is the one.
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 to be a Halo Killer doesn´t even make sense, RSV is an all different ball game.

All in all, there will be a Halo killer eventually, but those are not it...

Resistance 2 didn't suck, just the only people that give opinions on it here are at the extreme ends of the scale. The Xbox fanboys are convinced its a terrible game, most of which haven't even played it, and they're wrong its not.

That doesn't mean the Sony fanboys however are right in treating it like a Halo killer and saying its amazing, cause its not. At the end of the day, its a good game, not amazing, but more than a worthy launch game for PS3.

On thing is true, i´m a fan of Insominac, so, i would love to play Resistance, and i´ll buy it when i get the PS3

Resistance 2 multi player does look cool. 60 players. 0.0
RSV 2 might also be cool, but not Halo 3 cool.

Personally, I think that "Halo Killer" is setting the standard for new shooters too low. If someone said "Half-Life killer" or "Call of Duty killer," then they'd have my attention.

CoD 4 is the only "Halo killer". People have to start using the term "Cod4 killer". Doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well, but it's the best FPS.

CoD 4 is the only "Halo killer". People have to start using the term "Cod4 killer". Doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well, but it's the best FPS.
IA, CoD4 is the best FPS out there. It pretty much killed the attention that Halo 3 got once it was released a month later.

Not only is it the better game, last I checked it overtook Halo 3 for being the most played game on Live.

Not only is it the better game, last I checked it overtook Halo 3 for being the most played game on Live.

It did, for a bit, then Halo climbed back, but as of Feb 3 CoD4 was back on top.

Personally, I think that "Halo Killer" is setting the standard for new shooters too low. If someone said "Half-Life killer" or "Call of Duty killer," then they'd have my attention.

Yea, but none of those games have the magnitude that Halo has. I think when most people say "Halo Killer", they mean much more than just a better shooter, because in my mind there are a BUNCH of better shooters than Halo.

Who cares about sales when you're out looking for a good FPS though? CoD4 could have had the worst sales of all FPS's released this year, that still wouldn't have stopped it from being the best out of all of them though. Quality. That is all I care about. I don't care about the numbers, I don't care about what is "cool". In that regard, yes, CoD4 is a "Halo killer".

Yea and i agree, but to label something as a "Halo Killer", its gotta take Halo down on all those levels, because as i stated, i think there are a bunch of shooters that are FAR better than Halo, but they arent considered "Halo Killers".

Who cares about sales when you're out looking for a good FPS though? CoD4 could have had the worst sales of all FPS's released this year, that still wouldn't have stopped it from being the best out of all of them though. Quality. That is all I care about. I don't care about the numbers, I don't care about what is "cool". In that regard, yes, CoD4 is a "Halo killer".

Well, it's a good thing you arent in charge of a video game company though, because sales are the only thing that matter, not quality. If CoD4 had the worst sale of all FPS games this year, even if it was the highest quality game, it wouldnt be a Halo killer. Halo KILLER. See the emphasis there? As is, CoD4 was at the very least a Halo stunner, but if it had no sales, then it wouldnt have been that even, cause no one would be f**king playing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"