The Gifted 3 X 1 | The Gifted's eleventh episode

Reaction score
Fox’s THE GIFTED returns after a brief hiatus on January 1st, New Years Day with episode 11 titled “3 X 1” directed by David Straiton. In this episode, no one knows who they can trust as tensions heat up among the team at Mutant HQ. Fearing for his family’s safety, Reed (Stephen Moyer) rethinks their future at the compound. Meanwhile, Dr. Campbell (Garret Dillahunt) proposes an improved program to Jace (Coby Bell) that could change everything.”

Oh ****, Purifiers. I have to say, I like the hoody look. It gives them a nice, homegrown KKK vibe.

I hope I can stay up tonight, feeling a bit of a flu :(

Honestly this is the first episode I've actually been looking forward to watching. Great cliffhanger to end the last episode and hopefully they can keep up the quality to end the season with. I think there are only three more episodes left.

I wonder who this guy is supposed to be.

Nice little nod to Magneto's time in the Hellfire Club. Curious to see how Lorna's powers continue to change over time.

Also, the Struckers should not be allowed at Charles Xavier's mansion. Wherever they go, they bring nothing but danger.

EDIT: Also, the mutants giving Dreamer a funeral without a body- still believe Campbell is doing something there- felt reminiscent of in X-Men First Class where the students mourned Darwin's death without a body to bury.

Last edited:
They were dropping references left and right this episode. Magneto. Frost. Lorna's mental issues. It was great. I really wonder who the Cuckoo's Hellfire contact is. Doesn't necessarily sound like a part of the Inner Circle. Love how this is ramping up.

Oh, and even though their appearance was brief and while appropriate for this show- though I wish we got to see more of them- never thought we'd see a group like The Purifiers. Felt like when The Enforcers showed up on Spectacular Spider-Man but hadn't really appeared much prior to that as far as adaptations go.

This show suddenly got really good. The Cuckoos are perfect. And that Hellfire Club teaser at the end. I wonder if we're going to get Selene?

The show took its sweet time, but now they're really amping up all the comic book-y things, from Magneto to the Cuckoos to Campbell finally allowing the Hounds to be let off their leashes. It's all very cool.

I suppose the Mutant Underground and the Struckers will be forced to choose between the Hellfire Club's growing influence around them and being overrun by the increasing force of the Hounds

EDIT: Did anyone catch the literal post credits tease they had the end? Some conspiracy theorist dude rambling on about the Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club. I love how they tie it in with how they once disappeared in the 60s, no doubt due to the events of FC playing out in a similar manner in this universe. The dude also says they're tied in with the event the started this entire show - could they be why the X-Men and Brotherhood are gone?

Last edited:
The show took its sweet time, but now they're really amping up all the comic book-y things, from Magneto to the Cuckoos to Campbell finally allowing the Hounds to be let off their leashes. It's all very cool.

I suppose the Mutant Underground and the Struckers will be forced to choose between the Hellfire Club's growing influence around them and being overrun by the increasing force of the Hounds

EDIT: Did anyone catch the literal post credits tease they had the end? Some conspiracy theorist dude rambling on about the Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club. I love how they tie it in with how they once disappeared in the 60s, no doubt due to the events of FC playing out in a similar manner in this universe. The dude also says they're tied in with the event the started this entire show - could they be why the X-Men and Brotherhood are gone?

what sucks is 2 more episodes left...they only ordered 13 episodes

I can see them using Harry Leland or Shinobi Shaw in the show as the Hell Fire Club inner circle members.

Great to see the Purifiers in live action.

I thought this was a decent follow up to the last episode's cliffhanger. I actually liked the use of the Stepford Cuckoos and the Hellfire Club as well as the Hounds, and the Purifiers even showed up briefly to open the episode.

This show suddenly got really good. The Cuckoos are perfect. And that Hellfire Club teaser at the end. I wonder if we're going to get Selene?

Selene is a must. I'm betting they have free reign over all Hellfire since the movie universe slid right past it. I'd freak if they ever give us the vintage Hellfire goons at any location...

john-byrne-uncanny-x-men-no-133-cover-wolverine-and-hellfire-club.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"