The Gifted eXploited | The Gifted's tenth episode

Reaction score
Titled “eXploited,” the 10th episode follows Jace (Coby Bell), who’s at a moral crosswords after he’s forced to hand over something valuable to Dr. Campbell (Garrett Dillahunt). The team at Mutant HQ is divided on what they should do next, so Reed (Stephen Moyer) and Caitlin (Amy Acker) take matters into their own hands.

Weapon X reference.

The room is lined with adamantium?

thought that stuff isn't easy to come by?

Well, I guess Stryker didn't have a reason to have anyone keeping watch on the Weapon X facility anyway.

Blood thirsty twins...

Were those the Stepford Cuckoos?

They were indeed.

Doubt we will, but maybe we get a reference to Emma Frost down the line?

Good episode. Love the Cuckoos taking control at the end right there. Adding in a third faction more or less - stronger mutants than Thunderbird, Polaris, Blink and Eclipse, will be interesting, especially as Ahab brings in more of his Hounds.

They were indeed.

Doubt we will, but maybe we get a reference to Emma Frost down the line?

At the rate they just toss out references, seems likely.

Good episode. Looking forward to getting a bit more on the Cuckoos.

But wow, though. Didn't expect Dreamer to take one for the team if she's in fact dead.

Kind of saw something like that coming from Esme, she's was going to get her sisters out by any means necessary. Didn't expect Dreamer dying though. The Cuckoos have to be working for/with someone

Part of me wonders if Dreamer's actually gone for good. After all, we don't see what Dr. Campbell does with her body in the aftermath, so maybe she's preserved?

As much as this show is tepid at best, it was a sort of amazing moment seeing the Cuckoos like that. :D

Turner: "MY DAUGHTER IS DEAD!!"

Me (as a hypothetical response): "Yeah and that's terrible. But do you know how many people in this world have lost children, or parents, or other kinds of loved ones, etc and yet DON'T do what you do? Stop hiding behind your dead daughter as an excuse for your actions. Tell me, if one of Reed's kids died, or Lorna's unborn child, because of your actions, and then they came in a slaughtered every SS agent they found. Would you see the saying "you killed my child" as a valid excuse? I rather doubt it."

People get irrational as **** when they lose a kid. I've seen it.

The Cuckoos were nice to see, though I wish they were five not just three.

Rip Dreamer :(.

I thought this was a pretty solid mid season finale for this show. The reveal about the Stepford Cuckoos came as a surprise to me although I was expecting her to be apart of the Hellfire club or some similar evil mutant group given the way the one was manipulating events.

As soon as Esme was pushing to get people free I knew it had to be the other Cuckoo's.

I think this episode is just another illustration of my pet peeve with the show, namely, the mutants' powers are only exactly as strong as needed at any given time. So when they need someone to be invincible, she's invincible, and when they need them to be pushovers, same thing.

Happy about Dreamer getting killed, I hope that sticks, and I can't say I shed any tears for the Gestapo getting slaughtered in droves.

Also as some reviewer noted Andy and Lauren is definitely Chekov's hand hold right now. Only so many times you can cheat the audience with an adamantium wall.

My interest in the show was starting to fade. This episode help turn things around for the time being.

Three factions is game changer and adds depth. It was well played and well timed. Just as Turner is gaining a new perspective, Esme comes in and drops a deuce (or thrice) on the plan.

Anything that helps add more screen time away from Fenris or the parents is a plus in my book.

Dreamer's death was a welcomed surprise. Not that I didn't like her, but the event makes it serious. Things just got real.

I doubt we'll ever see Emma, but reference will be likely be made. That's what we've come to expect from this caliber of a show. Easter eggs and name drops without full representation. Yet when they do bring in "C-Listers" (as with the Cuckoos) it steps up the rewards and payoff.

The adamantium was a nice inclusion. Ahab's explanation was a bit long and contrived, yet needed. I'd bet he has more that will surface in one way or another.

Good mid-season finale all around. Left me wanting more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"