31 Nights of Halloween: 2022 Edition

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
I know what you're thinking, this is a bit early.
GbNdDpv.gif

But I have it on good authority Halloween ends this year.
iRh6WuR.gif

So get yourself together,
YTPrxVJ.gif

get on your feet,
YdvPKaH.gif

and start up the spooky music.
Bs92zMx.gif

There no time to wait,
7uev96T.gif

just celebrate!
FHa5reg.gif

Because it's the best time of year once again.
x6JL1yr.gif

That is the correct mindset! :mrk:

I've been doing spooky stuff since September 1st. A little before really, but that's when it becomes "official" for us. A lot of television so far. Old and new school Are You Afraid of the Dark? and Evil.

Good to prep early. Find which movies are where, which subscription services you need.

Decided to schedule some Halloween programming for the entire month of October for myself this year, which is the first time I’ve ever done it. For the past few days I’ve been going through, searching and typing any sort of movie or series I could think of, that peaks my interest, or stuff I’ve been meaning to get around to watching, onto a list. So far, I put down a ton of options, listed all of the possible platforms I can watch them from and the total runtimes for each.

Still need to double check my list to make sure I have all of the streaming places down, then organize media by platform, divide and schedule each series and movie between all of the days, appropriately pair what series and films to watch together and finally nail down the viewing order.

Needless to say, it was a lot more time-consuming than I thought it would be. I would recommend to anyone who considers doing this one future Halloween to plan way in advance to avoid time crunch.

Also, for anyone who is on a budget and is not willing to spend that much money, if any, free streaming trials are your friend.

Good to prep early. Find which movies are where, which subscription services you need.
Yeah. And recommendations are always great.

I'm not gonna be able to do one a day, but I'm gonna do 31 total.
Can't wait to see what you're doing, MD. :D

Decided to schedule some Halloween programming for the entire month of October for myself this year, which is the first time I’ve ever done it. For the past few days I’ve been going through, searching and typing any sort of movie or series I could think of, that peaks my interest, or stuff I’ve been meaning to get around to watching, onto a list. So far, I put down a ton of options, listed all of the possible platforms I can watch them from and the total runtimes for each.

Still need to double check my list to make sure I have all of the streaming places down, then organize media by platform, divide and schedule each series and movie between all of the days, appropriately pair what series and films to watch together and finally nail down the viewing order.

Needless to say, it was a lot more time-consuming than I thought it would be. I would recommend to anyone who considers doing this one future Halloween to plan way in advance to avoid time crunch.

Also, for anyone who is on a budget and is not willing to spend that much money, if any, free streaming trials are your friend.
Very exciting. It really does set the mood, with the the sun going down so much earlier, and all the spooky fun you can enjoy. Will be great to see what you are doing this year, oh Wise one. :up:

oingo-boingo-dead-mans-party.gif

WOOT WOOT!

It's gonna be rough with my grad school schedule, but I'm hoping to get 31 films in (Though I may have to cheat and start a few days early to be safe) I'm also hoping to take in a lot of spooky shenanigans with my friends. Bring on the haunted festivities!

Very exciting. It really does set the mood, with the the sun going down so much earlier, and all the spooky fun you can enjoy. Will be great to see what you are doing this year, oh Wise one. :up:

This is pretty much what I roughly have down:

The ritual (Netflix, Hour and 34 minutes)

Hellraiser one and two (Amazon, Three hours 11 minutes total)

The haunting of Hill House (Netflix, 8 to 8 1/2 hours)

The haunting of Bly Manor (Netflix, 8 to 8 1/2 hours)

Squid game (Netflix, ~ Eight hours)

All of us are dead (Netflix, ~12 hours)

Brotherhood of the Wolf: Directors cut (Amazon, shudder free trial, Two hours and 31 minutes)

Hellraiser 2022 (Hulu, October 7)

Midnight club (Netflix, October 7)

Werewolf by night (Disney+, October 7, 40 to 60 minutes)

Pumpkinhead (Vudu/Amazon/Tubi, One hour and 26 minutes)

Black phone (Peacock, One hour and 42 minutes)

Scream franchise (Paramount plus, One hour 33 minutes to one hour 54 minutes each)

Candyman, original (Peacock/VUDU/Amazon, 101 minutes) and 2021 (Amazon, 91 minutes)

Return of the killer tomatoes (Tubi/Amazon/VUDU, One hour and 38 minutes)

Killer clowns from outer space (Amazon/VUDU/Paramount plus, one hour and 30 minutes)

Christine (VUDU/Amazon/AMC plus, One hour and 50 minutes)

In the mouth of madness (Amazon/VUDU, 95 minutes)

What we do in the shadows, 2014 film (VUDU/Amazon, 86 minutes) and series (Hulu, 17 1/2 hours to 20 hours)

Dark (Netflix, One day)

Devilman crybaby (Netflix, Four hours and 10 minutes)

Ouija origin of evil (Netflix, One hour and 36 minutes)

Annabelle creation (Amazon/Vudu/Tubi, One hour and 49 minutes)

Practical Magic (Amazon/Vudu, One hour and 45 minutes)

The craft (Amazon/Vudu/Paramount plus, one hour and 40 minutes)

The wailing (Tubi/VUDU/Amazon, shudder free trial/AMC plus, Two hours and 36 minutes)

The cabin in the woods (Amazon, 96 minutes)

Get out (Amazon/VUDU, One hour and 44 minutes)

Us (Amazon/Vudu, One hour and 56 minutes)

Zombieland and Zombieland: double tap (Amazon/VUDU, One hour and 27 minutes/1 hour and 39 minutes)

Over the garden wall (Hulu, Two hours)

Trick ‘r treat (Amazon/Vudu, One hour and 22 minutes)

Interview with the vampire (Amazon/VUDU, Two hours and two minutes)

A quiet Place one and two (Vudu/Amazon/Paramount plus, One hour and 30 minutes/one hour and 37 minutes)

Sleepy Hollow (Paramount plus/Vudu/Amazon, One hour and 45 minutes)

The lost boys (Amazon/Vudu/Paramount plus, One hour and 37 minutes)

Crawl (Amazon/VUDU, 88 minutes)

Gone girl (Hulu, Two hours and 29 minutes)

The shallows (Amazon, 87 minutes)

Shaun of the dead (Peacock/Amazon/VUDU, One hour and 37 minutes)

Wednesday (Netflix, October?)

Psycho (Peacock/Amazon/VUDU, One hour and 49 minutes)

Bates motel (Peacock, 41 hours 15 minutes)

Night of the Hunter (Amazon/Vudu, 93 minutes)

The Hitcher (1986, Hulu, one hour 37 minutes)

Outland (Amazon, An hour and 49 minutes)

The Ring (Paramount plus, One hour and 55 minutes)

Salem’s lot (Amazon, shudder free trial/AMC plus, One hour and 52 minutes)

Misery (Amazon/VUDU, One hour and 47 minutes)

Fright night, original (AMC plus, one hour and 46 minutes) and remake (Amazon, One hour and 46 minutes)

Gremlins 2: the new batch (Amazon/VUDU, One hour and 46 minutes)

Silver bullet (AMC, One hour and 35 minutes)

They live (Peacock, One hour and 33 minutes)

Happy death day, one (Hulu, one hour and 36 minutes) and two (VUDU/Amazon, One hour and 40 minutes)

Nightmare Alley (Hulu, Two hours and 30 minutes)

The crazies (canela.tv/Amazon/VUDU, One hour and 41 minutes)

Kingdom: Ashin of the north (Netflix, 93 minutes)

Perfect blue (One hour and 20 minutes)

Paranoia agent (four hours and six minutes)

Demon city Shinjuku (Amazon, One hour and 11 minutes)

Girl from nowhere (Netflix)

Beyond evil (Netflix)

The call (Netflix)

# Alive (Netflix)

Night in Paradise (Netflix)

Wicked city (Tubi, One hour and 22 minutes)

Drag me to Hell (Peacock, one hour 39 minutes)

Little shop of horrors (Tubi/Amazon/VUDU, Hour and 34 minutes)

Tucker and Dale versus evil (Amazon/VUDU, one hour and 29 minutes)

Young Frankenstein (Cinemax on Roku channel, one hour and 45 minutes)

Sweet home (Netflix, 8 1/2 hours)

I saw the devil (Amazon, free trial)

Animal world (Netflix, two hours and 10 minutes)

The uncanny counter (Netflix, about 17 hours)

A tale of two sisters (Amazon, shudder free trial, one hour and 55 minutes)

One cut of the dead (Amazon, Shudder free trial, One hour and 37 minutes)

A girl walks home alone at night (Amazon, shudder free trial, one hour and 41 minutes)

The ninth configuration (Amazon, shudder free trial, Two hours and 20 minutes)

Donnie Darko (Amazon, shudder free trial, one hour and 54 minutes)

The host (Paramount plus, one hour and 59 minutes)

The odd family: zombie on sale (Amazon, Shudder free trial/AMC plus, one hour and 52 minutes)

Mother (Amazon, Two hours and eight minutes)

Coraline (Roku channel/VUDU/Amazon, One hour and 42 minutes)

Thirst (Peacock/VUDU/Amazon, two hours and 13 minutes)

Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum (Amazon, one hour and 33 minutes)

The Divine fury (Tubi/Vudu/Amazon, Freevee and Hi-Yah free trial/Hi-Yah! on the Roku channel, Two hours and nine minutes)

Munafik

Bedevilled (Amazon, one hour and 56 minutes)

Monstrum (Amazon, shudder free trial, one hour and 46 minutes)

Possessed (Amazon, Freevee, One hour and 46 minutes

Forgotten (Netflix, one hour and 48 minutes)

Cure (1997) (The criterion channel, one hour and 50 minutes)

The red shoes

Acacia (Kanopy, one hour and 42 minutes)

Killer Toon

Death Bell

The mist (Netflix, two hours and five minutes)

10 Cloverfield Lane (Paramount plus/Amazon/VUDU, One hour and 43 minutes)

The invitation (Amazon, free V, one hour and 41 minutes)

Bone Tomahawk (Amazon/VUDU/Tubi, Two hours and 12 minutes)

Frailty (Amazon, Cinemax seven day free trial, one hour and 40 minutes)

The Final girls (Amazon/VUDU, one hour and 32 minutes)

The gift (Netflix, one hour and 48 minutes)

Let the right One in (Hulu/Amazon, one hour and 54 minutes)

Let me in (Netflix, one hour and 55 minutes)

Carrie (Amazon, one hour and 39 minutes)

The exorcist (Amazon/VUDU, two hours into minutes/2 hours and 12 minutes)

The sixth sense (Amazon/VUDU, one hour and 47 minutes)

The howling (Amazon, one hour and 31 minutes)

The night of the living dead (Amazon/Paramount plus, one hour and 36 minutes)

The Descent (Hulu/Amazon, one hour and 39 minutes)

Take shelter (Amazon/VUDU, two hours and four minutes)

Seven (Netflix, two hours and five minutes)

The orphanage (Amazon/VUDU, one hour and 46 minutes)

The devil’s backbone (Amazon/VUDU, one hour and 46 minutes)

The shape of water (Amazon/VUDU, Two hours and two minutes)

Vertigo (Peacock, two hours and eight minutes)

The purge: anarchy (Peacock, One hour and 43 minutes)

An American werewolf in London (Amazon, one hour and 38 minutes)

1922 (Netflix, one hour and 42 minutes)

Gerald’s game (Netflix, one hour and 43 minutes)

Hush (Netflix, one hour and 27 minutes)

Annihilation (Paramount plus, one hour and 55 minutes)

The endless (Peacock, one hour and 51 minutes)

Invasion of the body snatchers (Apple TV+/VUDU, one hour and 55 minutes)

The omen (Amazon/VUDU, one hour and 51 minutes)

The vanishing (1988) (Amazon, one hour and 47 minutes)

Shadow of the vampire

Pontypool (AMC plus, one hour and 36 minutes)

A ghost story (Paramount plus, one hour and 30 minutes)

The changeling (Peacock/voodoo, one hour and 47 minutes)

Stir of echoes (Peacock, one hour and 50 minutes)

Black Swan (Hulu, one hour and 40 minutes)

Shutter Island* (Paramount plus, two hours and 18 minutes)

Dead again (Amazon/Paramount plus, one hour and 47 minutes)

The Wolf of Snow Hollow (Amazon, one hour and 23 minutes)

His house (Netflix, One hour and 33 minutes)

Rosemary’s baby (Paramount plus, two hours and 16 minutes)

Lake Mungo (To be/Amazon, one hour and 29 minutes)

Werewolves within (Paramount plus, one hour and 37 minutes)

Like I said, it’s still not finished, and I still need to narrow down on which movies I’m going to watch. Whatever I have left over or don’t get to this year I’ll probably just save for next year.

I would type this all out and put it onto an Excel spreadsheet if I was able to, if it wasn’t for my current physical condition. Typing stuff out for an extended period of time really exacerbates it, which is why I use the microphone voice function on my earbuds. Definitely takes the load off and makes things easier for me, but I wish I could put it together faster. Only so much I can do on my iPhone and my Notes app.

I'll add that Tubi is free and has a massive catalogue of horror titles. Shudder is also a streaming service devoted exclusively to horror and has a low price (certain you can also do a month trial there too).

Hulu has a bunch of under-the-radar horror movies that have come out over the past few years that I've been wanting to see (a few of which have actually gotten positive reviews):

- Amulet
- Hatching
- Sea Fever
- Sputnik
- The Cursed
- The Vigil
- Titane
- You Are Not My Mother

And agree that Peacock has a pretty good selection. If anyone didn't catch them earlier in the year, it has these exclusives:

- The Black Phone
- You Won't Be Alone
(and Halloween Ends coming up, of course)

And some others are on HBO Max that have come out in recent years, if anyone didn't catch them yet (not all of them necessarily good, but are recent nonetheless):

- Antlers
- Freaky
- Last Night in Soho (not really horror, but it's under their category)
- Malignant
- Old
- The Conjuring 3
- The Empty Man

I'll add that Tubi is free and has a massive catalogue of horror titles. Shudder is also a streaming service devoted exclusively to horror and has a low price (certain you can also do a month trial there too).
Beat me to it!

Seriously though, even if you have a few premium services, Tubi is an awesome service with a huge library full of deep-cuts.

Thanks to looking into the older threads, I am now aware of Titane and how messed up it is. :funny:

Also, if it came right down to it, you could get through the entire 31 nights of horror using just Tubi.

I'd probably only use Tubi if I had no other choice and as a last resort. I tried watching a movie on there with all of the ads, and it was pretty interminable, at least for me. I try to avoid ads where I can in order to not stress myself out too much. In my current situation, if I get too stressed out, it really exacerbates and worsens my physical condition. Aside from maybe YouTube, which I don’t mind as much because I can skip quite a bunch of them, I go for the ad-free option wherever I can.

I'd probably only use Tubi if I had no other choice and as a last resort. I tried watching a movie on there with all of the ads, and it was pretty interminable, at least for me. I try to avoid ads where I can in order to not stress myself out too much. In my current situation, if I get too stressed out, it really exacerbates and worsens my physical condition. Aside from maybe YouTube, which I don’t mind as much because I can skip quite a bunch of them, I go for the ad-free option wherever I can.
Web browser with Adblock. :o

HDMI Cable and a laptop with a media keyboard. :o

Would definitely do that if I had my own laptop. I am currently out of a job and at home and don’t have the money to really spend on stuff that I would really like to have, and my mom uses her Mac all the time. Fortunately, I recently had the two streaming services I was paying for with my card put under my mom’s card, with her permission until I get back on my feet again, so I don’t really have to worry about money for the time being.

So, I just have to make do with what I have now.

Looking back, last year I did (Orange are rewatches)
  1. House on Haunted Hill (1999) 2.5/5
  2. Dr. Sleep 4/5
  3. Scream 4.5/5
  4. Scream 2 4/5
  5. Scream 3 2.5/5
  6. Fright Night (2011) 3/5
  7. Young Frankenstein 4/5
  8. You're Next 3/5
  9. The Resort .5/5
  10. Sleepy Hollow 4/5
  11. Malignant 3/5
  12. House of Wax 2.5/5
  13. Muppets Haunted Mansion 3.5/5
  14. The Fog (1980) 3/5
  15. Little Monsters 4.5/5
  16. A Nightmare on Elm Street 3/5
  17. Suburban Gothic 2.5/5
  18. Ju-On: The Grudge 3/5
  19. House on Haunted Hill (1959) 2.5/5
  20. My Bloody Valentine (1981 - Theatrical Cut) 3/5
  21. My Bloody Valentine (2009) 1/5
  22. Howl 3/5
  23. The Babysitter 2/5
  24. Attack of the Killer Donuts (*****y Horror Movie Halloween Party)
  25. Sleepwalkers (*****y Horror Movie Halloween Party)
  26. House 3.5/5
  27. The Conjuring 4/5
  28. Thirteen Ghosts (2001) 2/5
  29. Halloween (2018) 3.5/5
  30. The Final Girls 4/5
  31. trick r' treat 4.5/5
Best Discovery: Little Monsters (Though it doesn't really fit the Fall vibe)
Worst Discovery: The Resort. Not even bad in a fun way. Just BAD.

The first 6 were "preloads" from September, because they were leaving their respective streaming services at the end of the month. I'm hoping to get close as I can to 31 IN October this year, but will be doing the same thing this month, so I'll have some in the bank.

Sleepy Hollow, Scream and trick r' treat are annual watches, so they'll all be back for sure (Might even get to see trick r' treat on the big screen, with it hitting theaters for the first time ever) Might bring back The Final Girls, Young Frankenstein, Malignant and My Bloody Valentine, too, especially if I can find the unrated cut of My Bloody Valentine somewhere.

Finally got around to watching Hubie Halloween this weekend. I'm late with my horror viewing this year so I'll declare this one as my first 'official' watch of the 2022 Halloween Season...

I'll say this for the movie, it was fine for what it was. I never have been, nor ever will be, an Adam Sandler fan, but Hubie definitely nailed the Halloween atmosphere with the production designs so I'm willing to give the movie a pass. Definitely not something I would watch at any other time of year...

Watching it though did make me realize how redundant Halloween-themed movies actually are. Let's face it, there have been horror movies for as long as there have been motion pictures, and many of them are perfectly appropriate for the Halloween Season. Even if there were no such thing as Halloween, there would still be horror movies, just like there would still be love stories even without Valentines Day.

Compare this to something like Christmas, where if the holiday never existed, there would never have been any Christmas-themed movies...

Anyway just some random musings haha. I noticed this weekend that I have several Netflix original horror movies in my list that I've never gotten around to watching. I'll see how many of them I can fit in before October 31st...

Going old school this year.

A Page of Madness
Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde
Dracula
Faust
Frankenstein
Freaks
Haxan
Nosferatu
The Bride of Frankenstein
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
The Creature from the Black Lagoon