4 page Superman vs Gladiator fight

JAM_ONIT

Civilian
Reaction score
Thought I'd give an update on the JLA vs Avengers books. Here's the Superman vs Gladiator fight. took a few liberties with the script.

here's the script as was given to me:

I think the confrontation between the two should start off with them hovering near some city, just looking at each other, working out the power of each other.

Superman should then point to some deserted place (either a kind of flat outlands/desert or perhaps another planet.) and have Gladiator noding as if to understand his meaning. Neither wants any innoncent lives to get hurt by this conflict.

They should both be flying towards this destination about 50-100 meters apart. near enough so they can watch the other for tricks but close enough so one can't try anything dirty.

Just as they arrive at the place Gladitor suddenly vanishes with a burst of Gladiator's galaxy traveling Hyper Speed that shocks the Kryptonian. The battle has begun.

Next panel should be Superman hovering around trying to spot Gladiator with his X-Ray vision. He needen't bother, as Gladiator is zooming right behind Superman.

Superman senses his approach at the last possible second and manages to skillfully grab Gladiator's outstrechted arm and uses Gladiator's own momentium to throw Glad's down onto the ground.

Next shot should be Superman still floating in the same spot in the sky looking down at Gladiator. In his mind Superman is thinking he at the odds that a being from another universe would have such a similar costume. He wonders if Gladiator is him in this other universe. That or he's thinking about story related stuff.

Gladiator , recovering from Superman's attack picks up a nearby rock and uses his Hyper Breath. This erodes the rock, turning it into a sandstorm directed at Superman. The sudden intensity of this blinds the Man of Steel and allows Gladiator to zip behind Superman. The next pannel should show the sandstorm subside and that Gladiator has grabs Superman in a choke hold, pinning his arms and head in place.

Should be one or two pannels of Superman struggling to get out of this hold, but it's no good. Gladiator's strength seems to be a match for Superman's own. Superman seemingly in desperation starts firing off his heat vision (a desperate move since his head is pinned straight forward he can't possibly hit Gladiator.)

Next pannel should have Gladiator talking to Superman. Either he's gloating over his superior combat skills/how there is no way out, rediculing his fear at being in this choke hold leading to such a desperate action or trying to convince the Kryptonian that they must work together, let the audiance decide. However we should see in one shot that shows the back of the two combatants heads a small glinting/diamond of light in the distant desert (IE seemingly miles off.)

The next pannel should be a close up on Gladiator's shocked face. The next shot is a close shot of the sparkling glitter of light so we can see what it was that had shocked Gladiator. It's a mound of desert sand that has been super-heated into rough unpolished glass by Superman's earlier blast of heat vision. Glass that the wiley Kansas Farmboy now uses to reflect his heat vision back towards Gladiator's face.

The Shi'ar Warrior see's this and releases his hold on Kal-El at the last possible moment so he can dodge out of the way. Both men leap/hover apart. Superman had hoped to use that move to knock out Gladiator, but at least he's free now.

Both aliens should turn and look at each other with a mixture of respect and detirmination. They realise that neither combatant is a cheap knock off to be dismissed. Ideally this pannel should show half of Superman's body (on the left hand side) and half of Gladiator's body (on the right hand side. I'll try to find a reference for this just to get my point across.)
Then there should be one of those cool large pannel shot of both guys charging at each other, fists flaring about to colide with a HUGE impact, with their mouths open screaming some type of battle shout.

I'll leave the fight there if you want to end it at that point or leave it so another poster can move on from there. And I'll try to track down some references for some of the scenes I suggested.

SupermanvsGladiatorpg1.jpg

SupermanvsGladiatorpg2.jpg

SupermanvsGladiatorpg3.jpg

SupermanvsGladiatorpg4.jpg

more pages can be found at
http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c106/JAM_ONIT/JLA%20VS%20AVENGERS/

I love these. Every time i see a new post by you Jam, I'm excited to read it. Keep up the good work buddy.

Thanks, it's been a rough journey, but I still hanging in there, almost got 100 pages of the book now.

decided to try and color one of the pages, it's not done, but you get the feel of it.
Superman-vs-Gladiator-pg3-c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"