The Dark Knight Rises 6 movies?

killingyouguy

brutal
Reaction score
This is how I see it going down:

Batman Begins we all know already.

The Dark Knight:

Villains: Joker, Scarecrow (minor), Roman Sionis/Black Mask (minor)
Important Characters: Harvey Dent
* Joker enlists the aid of Scarecrow.
* Scarecrow is killed or captured.
* Roman Sionis, as Black Mask, takes over the Gotham underworld.
* Joker kills Rachel Dawes.
* The combined efforts of Dent, Gordon & Batman leads to Joker's capture.

Third Movie:

Villains: Two-Face, Black Mask (secondary)
Important Characters: Joker
* Joker scars Dent during his trial.
* Joker is condemned to Arkham.
* Harvey Dent becomes Two-Face.
* Two-Face begins taking back "his city", bringing him into conflict with Batman & Black Mask.
* Black Mask is killed by Two-Face.

Fourth Movie:

Villains: Hush, Two-Face (secondary), Catwoman (minor)
Important Characters: Selina Kyle, Joker, Dr. Harleen Quinzel
* Bruce's jealous childhood friend Tommy Elliot plots against him under the alias Hush.
* Hush enlists Two-Face in his war on Bruce Wayne/Batman.
* A female cat burglar has Batman in a spin, and her alter ego has Bruce the same way.
* The Joker's doctor at Arkham finds herself getting very close to her patient.
* Hush dies, Two-Face is sent to Arkham, Catwoman is caught briefly but escapes.

Fifth Movie:

Villains: Penguin, Catwoman (minor), Joker (minor), Harley Quinn (minor)
Important Characters: Selina Kyle
* A British gangster nick-named "the Penguin" takes over and restructures Gotham's underworld.
* Operating out of his newly built nightclub, the Iceberg Lounge, Penguin declares a war on Gotham City, killing those who don't join him or aren't in his pocket.
* Bruce sees more of the mysterious Selina Kyle, and even through she closes herself off (because of her history) they begin to fall for each other.
* Joker escapes with the aid of his new accomplice, his former doctor now calling herself Harley Quinn.
* Penguin enlists the aid of Catwoman, who joins for the money. They have a mixed partnership. She abandons him after she is tasked with killing Bruce Wayne.
* During the finale news of Joker's escape distracts Batman long enough for Penguin to escape.

Sixth & Final Movie:

Villains: Joker, Harley Quinn, Penguin
Important characters: Catwoman/Selina Kyle, Commissioner Gordon
* Jim Gordon, now Police Commissioner, begins a citywide clampdown on crime. With the Penguin's empire his main target.
* Now free, The Joker (with the aid of Harley Quinn) begins a personal war on the remaining people who put him in Arkham.
* The Joker kills Jim Gordon's wife & Lucius Fox. Leaves Alfred in hospital and assaults Jim Gordon himself.
* Bruce & Selina Kyle declare their love (or come as close to it as these two ever do), Bruce discovers she is Catwoman and reveals to her he is Batman.
* Catwoman offers herself as an ally to Batman in his fight against The Joker & Harley Quinn.
* Batman & Catwoman stand off against Joker & Harley Quinn in the finale.
* Catwoman defeats Harley in her fight, and Batman fights his toughest battle with the Joker.
* The Joker apparently dies and Harley Quinn is sent back to Arkham, this time on the other side of the bars.
* Bruce takes in a young orphan boy (who's parents were victims of the Joker) who's name is Dick Grayson.

Ok, you can wake up now! :oldrazz:

:bat: :batman: :batty: KYG

Not gonna happen dude... not for a while... unless this trilogy becomes a cult classic I really think the third will be the last for a while... maybe they can make a follow up to Nolans series in 2015-2020 but thats the soonest... plus Robin should be introduced sooner no? And no Talia or Ras Return in any of the movies? Joker in 5 movies? I think you outline is too trivial... should have brought in some new blood

Not gonna happen dude... not for a while... unless this trilogy becomes a cult classic I really think the third will be the last for a while... maybe they can make a follow up to Nolans series in 2015-2020 but thats the soonest...

So it's going to end with Two-Face? Because Joker supposedly goes on trial in the 3rd movie (and I'm assuming is sent to Arkham), so Two-Face would be the finale? That would be weak. And wouldn't be much of an arc for Batman, his battle with Joker would be unfished (barely started), Gordon wouldn't be commissioner, etc. If they only do a trilogy a lot of people are going to want more. And if you leave a massive gap between resuming the movies you probably won't get Nolan or many of the original cast back and you risk getting people in charge who will just turn it back into the old series.

plus Robin should be introduced sooner no? And no Talia or Ras Return in any of the movies? Joker in 5 movies? I think you outline is too trivial... should have brought in some new blood

1. Robin, no. The reason I brought him in late is because he brings down Batman. He works in the comics but not in the movies. But I am of the belief that these movies should be the definitive realistic silver-screen telling of Batman's story (albeit condensed). And Robin is a part of that story. I think having Dick Grayson at the end of the series gives a nod to Robin without him ruining Batman's tale.

2. Talia is only useful if Ra's is in it. And I don't think resurrecting Ra's fits with the more realistic feel of these movies. I considered the whole "is Ra's al Ghul immortal?" thing in the movie to mean there has always been a Ra's al Ghul (and League of Shadows) not neccessarily the same guy all these millenia. Another reason for no Talia is that I don't think, after Rachel Dawes is gone, there should be any love interests besides Selina Kyle.

3. Joker is a main character in TDK, but would only have minor (almost cameo) roles in 3 & 4 (while in Arkham). He'd escape during 5 (would still be a smaller role) and would be the major character in the final movie. It would probably equate to the same amount of screen time Magneto got in the 3 X-Men movies. Joker is Batman's arch-enemy and deserves it. This isn't the old movies where you have to come up with a new one-off storyline and new set of villains every movie. I consider it to be a large story told over 6 (or how ever many) 'acts'.

4. Too trivial? I'm not sure what you mean. I didn't explain enough? Well, I wasn't writing an essay or a script. I wanted to write something people would actually read. "New Blood?" I'm assuming you mean you want new villains each movie or something like the old series? I've pretty much included all the best villains (that fit Nolan's movies IMO) and they all get a good share of the spotlight. Most (except I think for Hush) being in at least 2 movies. Like I said, I consider this a large story told over multiple acts. That being said, there are some other villains I would consider. Like if Poison Ivy didn't have super powers but was an insane biochemist who used her knowledge of plants & chemicals in her crimes, she could be in. There are others like Riddler & the Ventriloquist that I think could have small cameo roles like Zsasz in BB.

KYG

EDIT: My thoughts on what villains can/can't be in the new movies are here:
http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11211267#post11211267

So it's going to end with Two-Face? Because Joker supposedly goes on trial in the 3rd movie (and I'm assuming is sent to Arkham), so Two-Face would be the finale? That would be weak.

How is that weak... Joker could end up in Arkhum... maybe he is killed off... but his arc would be tied up... Two Face weak? He is Bats number two villain. I don't see how Two Face is weak; he is the second most recognizable Bat villain

And wouldn't be much of an arc for Batman, his battle with Joker would be unfished (barely started), Gordon wouldn't be commissioner, etc. If they only do a trilogy a lot of people are going to want more.

How is the Joker battle unfinished? they will duke it out throughout the TDK... he gets captured then goes to trial... Nolan will be fleshing out the Joker for a good one and a half films. And Gordon can be commissioner at the end of part three.

And if you leave a massive gap between resuming the movies you probably won't get Nolan or many of the original cast back and you risk getting people in charge who will just turn it back into the old series.

So what is the solution? Sign lets see... Bale, Ledger, Oldman, Caine, Nolan, producers for what 3 more films? WB must have a billion dollars to spend on Batman films... lets stop living in Lala land

1. Robin, no. The reason I brought him in late is because he brings down Batman. He works in the comics but not in the movies. But I am of the belief that these movies should be the definitive realistic silver-screen telling of Batman's story (albeit condensed). And Robin is a part of that story. I think having Dick Grayson at the end of the series gives a nod to Robin without him ruining Batman's tale.

Fine just introduce Grayson... but over six movies... don't you think fans will want to at least see him in action once? Could care less either way

2. Talia is only useful if Ra's is in it. And I don't think resurrecting Ra's fits with the more realistic feel of these movies. I considered the whole "is Ra's al Ghul immortal?" thing in the movie to mean there has always been a Ra's al Ghul (and League of Shadows) not neccessarily the same guy all these millenia. Another reason for no Talia is that I don't think, after Rachel Dawes is gone, there should be any love interests besides Selina Kyle.

So you want six movies with Selina as the only love interest? You can flesh out Selina for two films max... but there is still room for other love interests... why not Talia? Resurrecting Ras is probably the only villain you can bring back realistically anyways

3. Joker is a main character in TDK, but would only have minor (almost cameo) roles in 3 & 4 (while in Arkham). He'd escape during 5 (would still be a smaller role) and would be the major character in the final movie. It would probably equate to the same amount of screen time Magneto got in the 3 X-Men movies. Joker is Batman's arch-enemy and deserves it. This isn't the old movies where you have to come up with a new one-off storyline and new set of villains every movie. I consider it to be a large story told over 6 (or how ever many) 'acts'.

Trivializing the Joker is just a crime... we need to understand that this isn't TAS or the comics... villains can not keep reappearing film after film after film... the Joker will not be "just a cameo in three"... the trial will go on through out the film. Joker will have about two hours of screen time between the two films... maybe even Joker is killed so that ends that; we don't know... but trivialing iconic villains is just the wrong way to go so lets just agree to disagree on that one...

4. Too trivial? I'm not sure what you mean. I didn't explain enough? Well, I wasn't writing an essay or a script. I wanted to write something people would actually read. "New Blood?" I'm assuming you mean you want new villains each movie or something like the old series? I've pretty much included all the best villains (that fit Nolan's movies IMO) and they all get a good share of the spotlight. Most (except I think for Hush) being in at least 2 movies. Like I said, I consider this a large story told over multiple acts. That being said, there are some other villains I would consider. Like if Poison Ivy didn't have super powers but was an insane biochemist who used her knowledge of plants & chemicals in her crimes, she could be in. There are others like Riddler & the Ventriloquist that I think could have small cameo roles like Zsasz in BB.

Your putting words in my mouth... I never said Bat movies should move from one villain to the next... I agree with you that the movies must be interconnected... a so called culmination to the saga... I just think you could be more original of you are doing three more flicks... we need new central characters... Selina, Grayson, new mobsters, Barbara (i never said Bat girl), Penguin, etc... so many other villains to choose rather than just pulling em out of the same bag... now if Joker has a cameo in part five of escaping and returning in part 6 I could live with it... but Two Face, Falcone, Scarecrow, etc all had there time and shouldn't keep coming back...

It all sounds so good on paper but i see a third movie and thats it Nolans batmovies have been big but there not spiderman big if the they where we would see more movies imo.

Here’s how it should go:

TDK
Villains: Joker, Black Mask(minor)
Important Characters: Harvey Dent, Selina Kyle
Joker kills Gordon’s wife.
Joker goes to Arkham.
Black Mask escapes.

Batman Begins 3
Villains: Two-Face, Catwoman, Zsasz(cameo)
Joker scars Harvey Dent.
Selina becomes Catwoman.
Batman has a run in with Zsasz.
Catwoman tries to kill Rachel.
Two-Face dies at the end.

Batman Begins 4
Villains: Bane, Black Mask, Catwoman, Penguin(minor)
Bane and Black Mask fight for control over Gotham’s underworld.
Batman and Gordon try to stop the fighting.
Penguin supplies both villains with weapons.
Bane kills Black Mask.
Bane goes to Arkham.

Batman Begins 5
Villains: Joker, Penguin
Important Characters: Catwoman
Joker escapes from Arkham.
Penguin tries to take over Gotham’s underworld now that Bane and Black Mask are out of the way.
Joker and Penguin team up.
Catwoman turns good and helps Batman try to stop them.
Joker kills Catwoman.
Penguin goes to Arkham.
Joker escapes.

Batman Begins 6
Villains: Joker, Scarecrow
Joker teams up with Scarecrow to completely terrify Gotham.
Joker turns on Scarecrow in the end, killing him.
Batman nearly kills Joker because of what he did to Catwoman, but is talked out of it by Gordon.
Joker goes back to Arkham.

Your putting words in my mouth... I never said Bat movies should move from one villain to the next... I agree with you that the movies must be interconnected... a so called culmination to the saga... I just think you could be more original of you are doing three more flicks... we need new central characters... Selina, Grayson, new mobsters, Barbara (i never said Bat girl), Penguin, etc... so many other villains to choose rather than just pulling em out of the same bag... now if Joker has a cameo in part five of escaping and returning in part 6 I could live with it... but Two Face, Falcone, Scarecrow, etc all had there time and shouldn't keep coming back...

Keep coming back? They're not coming back from the dead. The majority are only in about 2 movies (more like 1 1/2). Two-Face is only in 2 (not including TDK as Harvey Dent). First one culminates in him taking over from the Black Mask, second with him being defeated by Batman. Falcone doesn't come back at all and Scarecrow only comes back in a tiny role and gets captured/killed to tie up his involvement. Most of the villains have one movie where they're involvement is large and another where it is more minor (either where they're introduced or taken out). The only exceptions are Catwoman & Joker. Catwoman because she's not just a villain, she is also a sometimes ally and Selina Kyle is Bruce's greatest love and she's as important to his tale as Gordon or Alfred, IMO. She doesn't have huge roles in the movies (like she doesn't in a lot of the comics). Joker is his #1 enemy and after he goes to Arkham in B3 and having some small scenes in B4 to keep it building up until he escapes in 5 and finishes it in 6. You say you don't want to go from one villain to the next but also criticize me for having villains in 2+ movies. :o

And as for "fresh blood" I said you could add Poison Ivy if done right and bring in people like Riddler & Ventriloquist in small cameo roles (lie Zsasz) if done right. I agree that I didn't add more central characters, that was because I couldn't think of good storylines or where to put them (or many names). As for your suggestions, Selina, Grayson & the Penguin are already there. The underworld has it's own arc in Falcone-Black Mask-Two-Face-Penguin. And I would be very interested in having Barbara Gordon in the films.

Also I don't know what you meant with the whole "trivializing" villains thing. I gave all the villains plenty of screen time. I might not have wrote fleshed out stories but I just wanted to give rough outlines.

This is just a possible way it could go. I highly doubt it will go this way, but it just some (well at least it was) fun speculation.

There is no way there are going to be 6 movies, it's most likely going to end up as simply 3 movies, a JLA movie, and maybe a World's Finest movie before they go all James Bond on us where the movies will be loose sequels instead.

Yeah I agree.

Dark Knight Trilogy (done by 2011)

Justice League Trilogy (done by 2020)

Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller (2024) Bale will be 50 years old

Kingdom Come (2034) Bale will be 60 years old

Six movies?

With no Riddler (but Hush), no Ivy, no Freeze, no Bane, no Robin, no return of Ra's with Ubu and Talia?

Not gonna happen.

If there were even four movies- which I doubt (with Nolan and Bale) there will be Robin....it's that simple. If there were a fifth, or a "Batman/Superman" film, Ra's would likely return and team up with Lex Luthor. You have some good ideas...but they are just less than believable or possible.

Heath Ledger would sign on for 5 films? With minor roles in about 3? There will definitely be 3 Batman films, with an option on a 4th picture either being a continuation of this franchise introducing Robin, or a team up merging Superman Returns and Batman Begins' franchises.

-R

Ra's would likely return and team up with Lex Luthor... There will definitely be 3 Batman films, with an option on a 4th picture either being a continuation of this franchise introducing Robin, or a team up merging Superman Returns and Batman Begins' franchises.

Where'd you get that from? Your crystal ball? :rolleyes:

Mine was just what I want to see. I don't necessarily think I will see it. :cool:

KYG

Where'd you get that from? Your crystal ball? :rolleyes:

Mine was just what I want to see. I don't necessarily think I will see it. :cool:

KYG
No, no crystal ball.

But if they were going in that Direction, the villains in a "World's Finest" movie would be: Darkseid, Lex Luthor, Joker, or Ra's Al Ghul....some combination of those. These are the four most formidable and arguable biggest villains in the DC universe for their respective villains. WB would be stupid not to put two of them together in a film...

-R

I like your ideas; obviously they won't come to fruitioon exactly like that and maybe not even close, but they're cool ideas. And the Hush idea would be sweet to see, but he's so new it'll never happen. But that is hands down one of the best Batman comics in the history of the Bat franchise and Jim Lee is phenomenal. Anyway, we'll have to see how it all unfolds....

I like your ideas; obviously they won't come to fruitioon exactly like that and maybe not even close, but they're cool ideas. And the Hush idea would be sweet to see, but he's so new it'll never happen. But that is hands down one of the best Batman comics in the history of the Bat franchise and Jim Lee is phenomenal. Anyway, we'll have to see how it all unfolds....

No, no crystal ball.

But if they were going in that Direction, the villains in a "World's Finest" movie would be: Darkseid, Lex Luthor, Joker, or Ra's Al Ghul....some combination of those. These are the four most formidable and arguable biggest villains in the DC universe for their respective villains. WB would be stupid not to put two of them together in a film...

-R

My thoughts exactly... I think a trilogy is enough... but can you really continue a Batman franchise facing off against Ivy and Freeze... we know how that went... I think WB has a bigger picture... and thats a World's Finest flick... then the JLA flick after wonder Woman, Flash, Latern, all had their movies... its not that far fetched... I am sure they will pay Bale and Routhe for at least one more after their trilogies... then you can recast once you start the JL series... but Worlds Finest with Spacey and Neeson reprising their roles would be nothing short of spectacular

I say 4 movies, 5 tops. 6 is a tad bit excessive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"