The Dark Knight Batman VS Man-Bat

D

darabka

I think Man-Bat would be a great villain for the Batman begins sequel. The Joker had already his movie (Jack Nicholson was great). If the director can pull it of Ok (I did enyojed the "Joker Card" ending of Batman Begins), but why not some body new, somebody unexpected? We had Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, Two-Face, Scarecrow and RahsAlghul. Let them get a new one. I agree not all of the villains were great, but there are many cool Batman villains ot there. What about Clayface? Bane? or that guy with the talking puppet? Think about it.

Joker and Two-Face are going to be the next villians, which is great considering that they are the most popular Batvililans, and that Two-face was butchered in BF.

cameos and small roles by other villians, Riddler, Man-bat, would be good, but not as the main villian, not until the 4th film atleast.

We also had Bane in a movie - he was as faithful to the comic as Two-Face or Riddler, or Penguin....

Man-Bat is just a charater I dont see working in a Nolan movie, too......sci fi. Same with Clay Face. I do think the Ventriloquest could make for a good villian, however very minor. I would also like to see Maxie Zeus - only because I have a strange liking for the character - however only as a very very short cameo. I will wait to be flamed for that last comment.

darabka said:
I think Man-Bat would be a great villain for the Batman begins sequel. The Joker had already his movie (Jack Nicholson was great). If the director can pull it of Ok (I did enyojed the "Joker Card" ending of Batman Begins), but why not some body new, somebody unexpected? We had Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, Two-Face, Scarecrow and RahsAlghul. Let them get a new one. I agree not all of the villains were great, but there are many cool Batman villains ot there. What about Clayface? Bane? or that guy with the talking puppet? Think about it.

How about "NO"?:up:

StorminNorman said:
We also had Bane in a movie - he was as faithful to the comic as Two-Face or Riddler, or Penguin....

Man-Bat is just a charater I dont see working in a Nolan movie, too......sci fi. Same with Clay Face. I do think the Ventriloquest could make for a good villian, however very minor. I would also like to see Maxie Zeus - only because I have a strange liking for the character - however only as a very very short cameo. I will wait to be flamed for that last comment.

^Yeah,we need to see the Ventriloquist:up:

Robin Williams or Steve Martin for Ventriloquist.

I can see Kirk Langstrom as a cameo(though I can't see an excuse for him to be in the movie), but man-bat is just too much.

I personally don't see why some people are so attached to him as a villian in a Batman movie.

Simply put:

Every single character from the old franchise needs to be redone.

We'll have joker again and and I predict audiences and specially ourselves will be discussing forever making comparisions between Nicholson and the new Joker.

I think The Man-Bat is a great character, but would not fit in with Nolan's universe.

BTW, if he ever does appear, Kevin Bacon should play him.

Rynan said:
I can see Kirk Langstrom as a cameo(though I can't see an excuse for him to be in the movie), but man-bat is just too much.

I personally don't see why some people are so attached to him as a villian in a Batman movie.

^Because it's a new angle on the split personality thing.Moviegoers have seen split personalities all the time,but they have never seen anything like this,it is something original of an idea that isn't.

He would be a new villain,something that people have never seen before,something fresh,and he would be a cool character that people would love.

Yeah . . . I really like Man-Bat, but I agree that Joker needs proper attention in regards to the mythos; same w/ 2-face . . . plus, with the direction that they're going w/ this franchise, they have to build up to a suspension of disbelief level, since right now everything is fairly realistic

I don't like the Man-bat character much and he would definitly not fit in the more realistic Batman universe that Nolan has made. If it were a Burton film he would fit in, but he's a pretty unrealistic and weird character.

So I say no to Man-Bat in Nolan's films.

As has been mentioned Joker and Two-Face are coming up and they both deserve another more faithful appearance. I would like if they had some small cameos from for instance Penguin or Riddler like Zasz and Scarecrow had in Begins. It would be nice to have them use Catwoman again too just to show how it should be done.

DV8 said:
Yeah . . . I really like Man-Bat, but I agree that Joker needs proper attention in regards to the mythos; same w/ 2-face . . . plus, with the direction that they're going w/ this franchise, they have to build up to a suspension of disbelief level, since right now everything is fairly realistic
Which is why they should (and will) lay off the following characters until at least #5.

Man-Bat
Poison Ivy
Killer Croc
Mr. Freeze
Azrael
Superman
Clayface

Ronny Shade said:
Which is why they should (and will) lay off the following characters until at least #5.

Man-Bat
Poison Ivy
Killer Croc
Mr. Freeze
Azrael
Superman

^Sounds right.

darabka said:

Well, Joker and Two-Face are going to be seen again as two major characters in Nolan's upcoming sequels. Penguin may have a big cameo, and there are rumors of Selina/Catwoman replacing Rachel Dawes if the character doesn't come back to the franchise do to Katie Holmes's decision of possibly quitting acting. Scarecrow could return, along with Ra's if Talia is involved on seeking revenge for her father. Bane was already shown in Batman & Robin. Riddler could show up in a fourth film with a cameo set up in a third IMO or just not appear at all, Clayface would include alot of CGI work and for some reason I don't see that working out to well. As for Man-Bat, he's a great character (and having a mini if anyone is interested) but he's another villain I can't visualize in any of the upcoming films. The only way he could be mentioned though, would be to have an extended cameo as Kirk Langstorm.

Oops. Adding Clayface to my "not yet" list.

I hate the idea that there're bringing back the same old villians. I would have prefered Clayface, Killer Croc or someone else we haven't seen before. I tell you it sucks bad.

explode7 said:
I hate the idea that there're bringing back the same old villians. I would have prefered Clayface, Killer Croc or someone else we haven't seen before. I tell you it sucks bad.

How is that bad?

Well I find that it sucks bad. Personally I find those villains to be quite boring having no superpowers and just using their weapons and stuff and thugs. I mean we've seen that in like a million movies lets actually see villains with superpowers in a new style batman movie.

I would also like to see Mastermind in it too as well.

explode7 said:
Well I find that it sucks bad. Personally I find those villains to be quite boring having no superpowers and just using their weapons and stuff and thugs. I mean we've seen that in like a million movies lets actually see villains with superpowers in a new style batman movie.

So you're saying Joker, Two-Face, Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin,Bane and Posion Ivy are done right and you rather not see them right?

No I'll like to see someone new. I don't really care about those villains that have been done like crap before. they should remain where they are and thats in the past. BRING ON THE NEW SUPERPOWERED VILLAINS DAMMIT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"