The Dark Knight Why Selina Kyle will be in The Dark Knight

I SEE SPIDEY said:
I love you for writing this! You are not the only one, I hated how the character was written.

Alright! I'm not the only one. :yay: Lets start our own thread!! :woot:

Selina, should be a high society lady, but with a dark side. She really is the mirror image of Bruce Wayne except she robs the same rich and powerful corrupt leaders that Bruce tries to bring to justice.

I SEE SPIDEY said:
hmmm, that would be a interesting idea.

By the way, Brad Pitt is an medicore actor...except for his performance in Se7en!

raybia said:
By the way, Brad Pitt is an medicore actor...except for his performance in Se7en!
lol, hey we aren't going to agree on everything thats for sure.

The animated series mixed with some comicbook interpetations is the best way to go. Although I don't know if she should be a former hooker, but she should come from the streets. I hated that she was secertary in Batman Returns.

Crooklyn said:
So...because it's been done well before, we should just stop there? In that case, all these movies were wrong:

Terminator 2
Godfather 2
Post-Connery Bond films
Spider-Man 2
X-Men 2

Are you getting my point here? It's a ludicrous notion that we should just stop where we feel it's been done best. The bar is meant to be risen. Not leveled.

Why? She's an important character. Has and always will be.

I'd love to see a valid argument for this. I really would. What is so damn unique and exquisite about Nolan's vision, where a cat burglar can't possibly exist in his "universe"?

a. no i'm not getting the point, those are sequals...its completely different I understand what you are saying, but this is a completely different situation. A better example would be someone playing a character that a previous actor had done well in. examples Willy Wonka should have never been done Gene Wilder is willy wonka, etc etc. Bond is the exception to the rule I'll give you that.

b. There are many other important characters that deserve screen time.

c. Because....she's a cat burglar named cat woman its silly. Plus after the Begins plot to destroy Gotham, Batman tracking down a cat burglar seems kind of...I duon't know...anti-climactic.

raybia said:

What about Fight Club and 12 Monkeys? nah Pitt is a good actor if its a good movie he acts well, if its a bad one he's mediocre.

Postman said:
a. no i'm not getting the point, those are sequals...its completely different I understand what you are saying, but this is a completely different situation. A better example would be someone playing a character that a previous actor had done well in. examples Willy Wonka should have never been done Gene Wilder is willy wonka, etc etc. Bond is the exception to the rule I'll give you that.
Wonka is a single-story. Bond is a franchise. That is why we get more, because there are many stories to tell within the universe. And this is why Batman will keep producing more stories, it is a franchise.

b. There are many other important characters that deserve screen time.
Never said she would be a focal point. But she is one of the top "villains" in Batman's rogues gallery. Asides from Joker, Harvey, Gordon, and Bruce, I'd be hard-pressed to find many more than are a bigger priority than Selina.

c. Because....she's a cat burglar named cat woman its silly.
And we have a billionaire playboy going out at night wearing a cape. This "silly" argument simply doesn't work when your protagonist is dressed up as a bat. There's nothing unrealistic about Catwoman. She's a cat-burglar. It's not an elaborate costume, aside from the mask that takes on a cat motif. But that's it.

Plus after the Begins plot to destroy Gotham, Batman tracking down a cat burglar seems kind of...I duon't know...anti-climactic.
Yes, because bringing in Catwoman MUST mean that she is involved in an anti-climactic foot chase because she would obviously be the main villain. :dry:

Crooklyn said:
Never said she would be a focal point. But she is one of the top "villains" in Batman's rogues gallery. Asides from Joker, Harvey, Gordon, and Bruce, I'd be hard-pressed to find many more than are a bigger priority than Selina.

And we have a billionaire playboy going out at night wearing a cape. This "silly" argument simply doesn't work when your protagonist is dressed up as a bat. There's nothing unrealistic about Catwoman. She's a cat-burglar. It's not an elaborate costume, aside from the mask that takes on a cat motif. But that's it.

Yes, because bringing in Catwoman MUST mean that she is involved in an anti-climactic foot chase because she would obviously be the main villain. :dry:

I wasn't referring to the way she dresses I was trying to get at 1. the name combined with her "occupation" 2. The fact that she's a cat burglar doesn't pose much of a threat to Gotham and/or Batman I just see no use for her. Compared to Ra's and Scarecrow who planned to totally destroy it/hold the city ransom. And scarecrow was not the main villain.

Postman said:
I wasn't referring to the way she dresses I was trying to get at 1. the name combined with her "occupation" 2. The fact that she's a cat burglar doesn't pose much of a threat to Gotham and/or Batman I just see no use for her. Compared to Ra's and Scarecrow who planned to totally destroy it/hold the city ransom. And scarecrow was not the main villain.

I think her use would be as a romantic interest for Bruce and a temptation for Batman. Its kind of like an detective who knows he got a job to do but has gotten involved with the suspect. However Selina/Catwomen should NEVER be used as the Main villian or as a villian period. They may even be forced to work together, In fact, it could be similar in some aspects to Indiana Jones and Marion's relationship in Raiders.

Postman said:

? Catwoman' isn't a true villian. Her brilliance is that she always does whats best for herself - if that means siding with Batman, she does it. If that means stealing from various Gothamites - she does it. She shouldn't be a big threat to the safety of Gotham.

Postman said:
What about Fight Club and 12 Monkeys? nah Pitt is a good actor if its a good movie he acts well, if its a bad one he's mediocre.

I didn't see 12 Monkeys, but I forgot about Fight Club. Ok, maybe I don't know what the hell I'm talking about...certaining Brad Pitt, but my views about how to introduce Selina Kyle are right on!:cwink:

StorminNorman said:
? Catwoman' isn't a true villian. Her brilliance is that she always does whats best for herself - if that means siding with Batman, she does it. If that means stealing from various Gothamites - she does it. She shouldn't be a big threat to the safety of Gotham.

Exactly. If she poses any kind of threat, its to Batman's hardcore persona.

Well there goes your Bat-Embargo theory. The Joker was on 'The Batman' this morning.

Why Selina Kyle will be in TDK?: Kpjoon decrees it.

Why Selina Kyle will NOT be in TDK?: Nolan's making it.

Wishful thinking is one thing, but we have a story that definitely surrounds Batman, the Joker, Harvey Dent, Det.(maybe Captain)Gordon, Lucious Fox, and the ol' butler, so no, I don't think that time would permit anything more than a cameo from another villain.[besides several mob bosses who might appear in the flick]

If there is a cameo, my bet wouldn't be on SELINA KYLE!!! Are you crazy?! Nolan is doing the trilogy with continuity. If he was going to include another female lead (who was along the fence), it would probaby be Ra's Al Ghul's daughter. I doubt this will happen. He'll probably venture away from BB as much as possible. Now, with that said, we might receive a brief look at Mr. Cobblepot, Roman Sionis, Edward Nygma, but this is extremely unlikely. If there's a Selina Kyle in the story, just wait for an update from Jett or any of the other sources who will bend over backwards to tell you.

Thanks.:yay:

The simple fact that there has just been a Catwoman film - and it's widely considered a disaster - suggests to me Warner Bros will stear clear of Catwoman for the time being.

She's overexposed from BR,Catwoman and that WB flop on television about Catwoman's daughter Birds of Prey.
So far its only some forum fans that like Selina back but most Batdiehards I talked to dont want her.

Saying Catwoman is overexposed is like complaining Alfred, Gordon, and Robin are shown too much in stories. Selina is a major player in the mythos, whether you like it or not.

And who are these bat die-hards, Agent....Dawes. :ninja:

Im speaking of those outside the internet world. I think Batman internet fans are not the only fans of Batman so their views matter too.

Because we all know it matters what your two friends think compared to majority of Batman fans voicing their opinions over the internet.

It doesnt matter how much the Bat community wants Selina. Nolan will do what he wants.
But there is no way die hard Batman fans want the Dawes character to stay Bruce Waynes love interest throughout all three movies unless they just dont care if he even has a specific love interest. She has served her purpose and "must be allowed to die".

I dont care, Bruce is a jigilo in public and out.
His heart should stay with Gotham and his "women" should come and go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"