A day without mexicans!!!!

War Lord said:
I know that. Many tech companies are even uprooting from India and China to go to Bangledash.

Like I said, it will all even out eventually where there is no real advantage to going anywhere specific and then other considerations will come in to play.

Completly off topic - but I find it hilarious that America Online's Customer Service is based out of India.

Okay, back to the issues at hand.....

StorminNorman said:
Well, we are the United States of America - thus we win! Plus we have bombs....
You know that in Latin America, we do not call you Americans. You have your own official name. Estadounidenses. I like it. It's kinda like United Stateians or something less cheesy

StorminNorman said:
Most will not do that. If they truly have the means to establish factories outside of America - they would do so. Labor in other countries is cheaper even than illegal immigrant labor in America.

You know, the funny thing is, if the borders were dropped as most Mexicans seem to expect should happen, they would instantly see the removal of all their precious maquiladoras [sp?] - plants built by US firms anxious to escape American labor/environmental law. LOL! Those plants and jobs would be gone with the wind - they'd be in India or China so fast Mexico would not know what hit it.

They'd be even worse off than they are now.

I am talking about ALL Illegal immigrants- those from the Middle East who travel to South America (or Mexico) and then move up. Those from Peru. Those from Mexico. Even those from War-Lords beloved mother country, Canada, aye.

Corinthian wasn't, though. He was implying everyone on the North American tectonic plate was "American." In a geological sense, perhaps... in a legal sense, not hardly. His implication that everyone who does not agree with him is a member of the "KKK" is pretty darn funny, though. Next we'll be seeing Hitler dragged out of the closet...

Interesting as this conversation is, I have work tomorrow. "Racist" that I am... lol. Ooo, evil me.... I don't feel like paying healthcare-costs for every illegal brat in the world: how dare I!? sounds like racism to me. :rolleyes:

Corinthian™ said:
You know that in Latin America, we do not call you Americans. You have your own official name. Estadounidenses. I like it. It's kinda like United Stateians or something less cheesy

Sadly most ignorant Americans simply call everyone from Latin America Mexicans :( ......

StorminNorman said:
Well, we are the United States of America - thus we win! Plus we have bombs....
Yes...we are the United States of America.....but there is also Canada and Mexico of North America......Panama (and others) of Central America.....Brazil, Argentina, and others of South America.

There's no need to act like that.

Corinthian™ said:
Actually, there will be. You have two phone companies with the same tech, same services, same deal, same signal. The difference is in the prices. 9.99 or 13.99 a month. Which one you chose?

Probably the 9.99, in which case the 13.99 is going to have to figure out how to lower his costs. You might say that the second company is going to have to move to where the 9.99 company is and when they do, they'll find that do to a shortage of workers with the necessary skill to do the job, they are going to have to get into a bidding war for workers from the first company and the first company is going to have to raise their pay of workers to keep them. Suddenly that 9.99 call becomes 10.50 and less attractive to bargain finders.

Symbiotica said:
You know, the funny thing is, if the borders were dropped as most Mexicans seem to expect should happen, they would instantly see the removal of all their precious maquiladoras [sp?] - plants built by US firms anxious to escape American labor/environmental law. LOL! Those plants and jobs would be gone with the wind - they'd be in India or China so fast Mexico would not know what hit it.

They'd be even worse off than they are now.

Corinthian wasn't, though. He was implying everyone on the North American tectonic plate was "American." In a geological sense, perhaps... in a legal sense, not hardly. His implication that everyone who does not agree with him is a member of the "KKK" is pretty darn funny, though. Next we'll be seeing Hitler dragged out of the closet...

Interesting as this conversation is, I have work tomorrow. "Racist" that I am... lol. Ooo, evil me.... I don't feel like paying healthcare-costs for every illegal brat in the world: how dare I!? sounds like racism to me. :rolleyes:
Uhm.. I said something along the lines of "Not all mexicans want to remove the borders. Not even the majority" then I said a remark about KKK, they are white americans, but not the majority.

In a Legal sense you are a United States of America Citizen. You are American by slang.

C. Lee said:
Yes...we are the United States of America.....but there is also Canada and Mexico of North America......Panama (and others) of Central America.....Brazil, Argentina, and others of South America.

There's no need to act like that.
Oh I understand that clearly - I was trying to show an ignorants American view on it. was not trying to say America is better than everyone else. I see how other countries would resent us being the only "Americans", however I simply do not know what to call us if not Americans:( .

Corinthian™ said:
Actually, there will be. You have two phone companies with the same tech, same services, same deal, same signal. The difference is in the prices. 9.99 or 13.99 a month. Which one you chose?

Here's an example of a secondary consideration.

http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=4761380&nav=0w0v

Is it worth it to have to absorb the costs of a $100,000/month for a permanent security team?

War Lord said:
Probably the 9.99, in which case the 13.99 is going to have to figure out how to lower his costs. You might say that the second company is going to have to move to where the 9.99 company is and when they do, they'll find that do to a shortage of workers with the necessary skill to do the job, they are going to have to get into a bidding war for workers from the first company and the first company is going to have to raise their pay of workers to keep them. Suddenly that 9.99 call becomes 10.50 and less attractive to bargain finders.
Then the whole cicle begins. You go and find cheap, people get angry and want more, you go and find cheap... and so forth

that's the evil practice of Demonology, err.. I mean, Business

War Lord said:
They can. In the short term, they might make larger profits from paying the the people the employ elsewhere lower wages. However, in the long term because of rising wages, from those employees having new skills etc, it will all equal out. What forcing all illegals will do to the American economy is force those companies that have been relying on cheap labour to produce their goods to either modernize or go elsewhere. Since there is only so much outsourcing agricultural companies can really do, they will modernize. This is something that they should have done anyway, but using illegals only delayed the inevitable.

For example, although China is a threat to American prosperity, it's probably not a long term situation. Within a decade, it might actually be more expensive to produce products in China than in America.

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/....html?id=6e5aeaf1-3970-49d4-a6a2-71e1cb9ba99f
Doubtful. Unless there's a revolt China will be like the Energizer Bunny.

Google just opened a new factory in China (because they agreed to censor anything the government wants censored). China produces about 300,000 engineers A YEAR. And is finding more ways to cut out American products. We buy more from China than sell now.

Two interesting books to check out.

China Inc.

The Global Class War
(not only about China, but about how big business influences America's politics, and talks about why you have the immigration problem) The author is netural in his politics. He attacks both the right and the left. VERY interesting book. I checked it out of the library, but I want to buy it this weekend.

dcbmp said:
Doubtful. Unless there's a revolt China will be like the Energizer Bunny.

Google just opened a new factory in China (because they agreed to censor anything the government wants censored). China produces about 300,000 engineers A YEAR. And is finding more ways to cut out American products. We buy more from China than sell now.

Two interesting books to check out.

China Inc.

The Global Class War
(not only about China, but about how big business influences America's politics, and talks about why you have the immigration problem) The author is netural in his politics. He attacks both the right and the left. VERY interesting book. I checked it out of the library, but I want to buy it this weekend.

You could try reading the article if you haven't already. All that glitters in China is not necessarily gold.

KingOfDreams said:
What does a search engine need a factory for? :confused:
????? You mean search engines are made out of thin air?

StorminNorman said:
however I simply do not know what to call us if not Americans:( .
I'm a Kaintukian!!!!:mad:

C. Lee said:
I'm a Kaintukian!!!!:mad:

Floridian...:(...I hate that name...

Wait, is it fair from people from the State of Georgia to be Georgians, after all the country of Georgia may find that unfair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"