A Deadpool spin off

The ?

Conspiracy Theory Nut
Reaction score
Well, we're a few months away from Deadpool showing up in some form or other in X Men Origins: Wolverine. And the hubbub is that if Deadpool proves popular in this film he might get a spin off of his own.

So what would people like to see in this movie? I want a running commentary between him and the narrator, which is also him.

Well, I want a lot of things to go right, like them making this movie in the first place.

So here a place for some ideas, wants and all that stuff

?

Personally, I REALLY hope they make a Deadpool film. He's just too awesome of a character. :up:

I think a Deadpool spinoff would also be a good chance to make a comic book movie that breaks alot of rules. Alot of these films stay on the same formula and with Deadpool you can easily throw that out the window. X films are very dramatic with barely any humor. Deadpool would be a welcomed change.

Also would be a good chance to introduce alot of characters from X force who more than likely wont be in a X flix.

I really hope they make this movie. With the right director and Reynolds it could be awesome.

I'm hoping for a lot of characters to show up as well. Domino for instance, I've always enjoyed her reactions to DP, and Weasel, I mean even if it's a little role that would still be great.

That and a somewhat decent looking costume.

Oh and Typhoid Mary, loved when she showed up in Daredevil wasn't it? And DP and DD fought her? good issue

?

I wonder, with how much this happened in Deadpool comics, is how Fox would have to incorporate cameos of Marvel universe characters like the comics did. Another issue is who is the villains and people Deadpool interacts with outside of the fourth wall.

I would like to see. Domino,Cable and Taskmaster in a film. I doubt Cable will be introduce in any upcoming X flix so might as well put him in.

I think Taskmaster would make a great foe in a Deadpool film. They ain't really enemies, but to show them fighting over a particular contract or something, with explosive and hilarious results.

A Deadpool film could be absolutely brilliant, if it doesn't compromise. It would have to be a full on satire of comic book movies and pop culture as well as being a over the top, completely ridiculous action flick. But obviously still have those dramatic moments maybe with the inclusion of Siryn and Typhoid Mary. Then it could parody Spiderman 3 love triangle, but with a innocent good girl in Siryn and the evil, physcho Typhoid Mary. That could be awesome actually, Wade has decide which one he goes for. The dark side or the light side, all whilst trying to do a certain hit or steal something before Taskmaster pulls it off.

That has the makings for a great film right there. Twisted, unusual love triangle. Then explosive fights with Taskmaster.

Ace I like it, that has everything you need, you're right.

But how could Taskmaster be brought into the film? What would he look like? He doesn't have a face in the comics right?

?

Do you really want Fox to be tasked with a Deadpool spinoff? A short running time and watered-down plot as well as lack of character development will be its centerpiece, like other Fox's release this year.

No, I wish Fox was not handling this character, but I don't see them releasing the character rights back to Marvel anytime soon, so, yeah they'll probably be handling it.

?

Ace I like it, that has everything you need, you're right.

But how could Taskmaster be brought into the film? What would he look like? He doesn't have a face in the comics right?

?

They can go the UDON (I think this was their work) version of the character. Looks more 'mercenary' and in line with the X-movieverse and less costumed supervillain.

Taskmaster_003.jpg

As for who should appear in a Deadpool movie, I like the idea of having Taskmaster, Outlaw and as many made-for-movie costumed nutjobs they can cram onto the screen in a mercenary civil war over a particular contract. As for non-mercs, we definitely need Blind Al.

Last edited:
Okay, I like that version of Taskmaster.

That'd be cool with all the mercs going after one thing, kind of like Smoking Aces, but with more payoff, because that movie was kind of week.

?

I think Fox would make it a bigger story than just mercenaries going after Deadpool. They will want to incorporate characters that the general audience knows in order to sell tickets. They will probably stamp the X-men origins label on it.

With that new rumor of a scientist running into Deadpool at the end they could easily do Killbrew and Ajax. That would be some cool s***.

I just want to hear its greenlit at this point.

If it does get greenlit it won't be until after Wolverine is out.

That could be a brilliant way to start the film off, in the Workshop. Have it start off all trippy and nightmarish visually. Then Wade would be like "Where am I? What the **** is going on here?" or something. Maybe he doesn't even remember being turned into Weapon XI? Considering he will probably be brainwashed or lobotomized.

The Deadpool in the Wolverine movie doesnt look like Deadpool or have his powers. Is there anyone here who thinks he will act ANYTHING like the Deadpool from the comics?

The concept of a Deadpool movie done by Fox is too bad to hope for. We should all be hoping that Wolverine tanks so that this wont happen.

One of several reasons why Wolverine isnt getting a dime from me.

Yea but he doesn't stay like that. He isn't offically Deadpool yet. That has been confirmed. Weapon XI is just the experiment which they do to Wade Wilson. The experiment fails, leaving Deadpool.

Reynolds also said that Wade Wilson will be a mouthy bastard.

Reynolds also said that Wade Wilson will be a mouthy bastard.

Id put money on him just being the same tough guy talker that is in every other lame action film, and NOT the type of talker that deadpool is known for being.

Id put money on him just being the same tough guy talker that is in every other lame action film, and NOT the type of talker that deadpool is known for being.

Well, he isn't Deadpool yet :D

But I think Reynolds' brand of humour matches up perfectly with Deadpools.

I'd love to see a Deadpool film where he is being hunted by Weapon X and they send all the mercenary "buddies" after him a la Copycat, T-Ray, Sluggo, etc, and leading up to a showdown with Taskmaster, a big long martial arts fight where Deadpool beats Taskmaster the only way you can beat Taskmaster, by being so crazy thast Tasky cannot get a read on his next move.

I don't know, I still like the idea that all the mercs are competing against each other. So maybe they aren't all from one agency... maybe they were all experiments though! That'd be cool.

?

I really don't see this happening after how he is ...interpreted... in Wolverine.

I really don't see this happening after how he is ...interpreted... in Wolverine.

Well from alot of rumors he doesnt become Deadpool in Wolverine. Reynolds even said he plays Wade Wilson and the thing that will become Deadpool. So this is basically just setting him up for a spinnoff.

But yeah, if they leave him with implanted blades and Laser eyes I dont think many would want to see that. I dont think that will be the case though.

Don't mention that theory too much,
Ace of Knaves will go off on his tangent... that has been his crusade since, well since he discovered it. There... I warned you and I made him feel good.

Let's not forget the magic of artistic interpretation. they could change anything with a few quick edits.

?

Oh and I you want all to take a look at this, cuz this is some funny stuff
http://rhinoden.rangerup.com/coach-k-story-by-ru-nick/

haha, yeah I have read plenty of Knaves post's on the subject. Its seems like a good bet that it will happen because of four things.

1. Jeff Katz saying
“The film nicely tees [Deadpool] off for his own spin-off film,” said Katz, who raved about Ryan Reynolds‘ portrayal of the wise-cracking mercenary.

2. Spaced and Confused posts on imdb

3. That comicbookmovie.com rumor
Wilson badly damaged from the fight almost Darth Vader-like is "rescued" by a certain scientist from the Stryker lab and the rest is how this will tie into a brand new Marvel movie that will be announced in early summer of Deadpool for a release in possibly summer 2011.

4. And Reynolds interviews's
I personally don't consider him as Deadpool, I consider him to be what Deadpool becomes. Or the thing Deadpool came from.

But Im still expecting the worst cause I dont want to be let down. By the way the new internet trailer lists Wraith's name. So Wade/Deadpool is the only one not being mentioned in the trailers. BS.

Well, we know there is a good possibility, sure, but what I really want to hear is what we, the fans want from a Deadpool film... not if there will be one,

So I guess I'll keep that strong... I want Deadpool to at one point have been captured... but he hides explosives in him (a la Joker in Dark Knight) he detonates himself and does the whole talking like Shatner, while he heals. That'd be great.

How should he talk to his internal monologue? Would it be a narrator type thing?

?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"