Sequels Deadpool Spin-off Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either Adam Baldwin or Clancy Brown for Ajax.

Anybody see this?

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LonelyAvenue/news/?a=25054

Usually I wouldn't bother posting anything from IMDb, but ever since they got the scoop on J.J. Field as Union Jack, I've kept a keen eye on anything that is posted on the site.

The latest rumor to come out of the site comes from the page for the upcoming "Deadpool" solo venture. Peter Outerbridge(Saw VI, Happy Town, ReGenesis) has been added to the cast as playing Ajax, the central villain of the Deadpool script.

Now this casting, if true, is fantastic in my opinion. Outerbridge has the comedic timing, dry sarcasm, and sadistic charm that is ever-present in the incarnation of the character from the script penned by Zombieland scribes Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick.

Regardless of whether or not this rumor is true, it's nice to hear some stir on the flick.

Deadpool also might be starring Ryan Reynolds, and could possibly be directed by Adam Berg, and it is suggested to be aiming for a 2012 release.

'Deadpool' Movie Will Explore Wade Wilson's Origin Story

Posted 11/8/10 9:14 am ET by Josh Wigler in Marvel, News

Deadpool is a mercenary who brutally kills his enemies while cracking inappropriate jokes left and right, frequently breaking down the fourth wall to speak directly to the audience at home. What more do you need to know about the guy?
Quite a bit, apparently. "Deadpool" screenwriter Rhett Reese spoke with io9 about his work on the developing Marvel Comics adaptation for 20th Century Fox, confirming that while the film spends plenty of time with Wade Wilson as he is now, there's also plenty of attention paid to the Merc with a Mouth's past.
"Ultimately, I think despite how fun he is in the now, we really did want to explore how he became that way and why he became that way," said Reese. "We definitely delve into that."
"He's a warped character, and that's why he's so fun to write," the writer continued. "Various writers have tackled him and I think that particular club of people have always enjoyed being able to just go places with a character that you wouldn't be able to go with any other character. Because he's completely crazy. That's the joy of writing him. You don't have to place any limits on decorum, or what might pop into his head, what reference he might make to pop culture. He'll go anywhere and say anything and that's the joy of writing him. So we really enjoy that but we also did enjoy exploring a little bit of his origin."
If you're worried that the film will spend too much time on Deadpool's origins, don't fret. Reese explained: "I think there's a good balance in the movie of seeing Wade Wilson pre-Deadpool and seeing his scarred face post-becoming Deadpool and having the mask on — which is how most comic fans envision Deadpool, is with the mask on."
Reese said he's quite proud of the screenplay he co-authored with collaborator Paul Wernick, though he recognized that there's a chance that his script could get reworked before production begins.
"We're very, very proud of the script, so I wouldn't say we hope it doesn't get rewritten too much, because there are probably ways it could be improved," he said. "But that said, we hope it doesn't get rewritten too much."
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/11/08/deadpool-movie/

Diggin' what we've been hearing, especially Outerbridge as the villan. Cannot wait to see how this shapes up.

I actually haven't read the whole script. From what I did read it was pretty funny. I'm really hoping they can get this film off the ground. It sounds like they're trying to which is great. :D

I refuse to read the script, because I want it all to be a surprise on screen! I'm glad this is happening. I liked wolverine origins, but what they did to deadpool was a big no-no.

Hahaha, maby Bob will show up...
Bob: "Hey, have you guys seen a guy in red and black spandex around here--- Oh crap"
Cap: "What does that H stand for?"

Watched Boondock Saints the Other day... I Gotta say Troy Duffy would Be perfect for this

Mah drawing...

IMG_0021.jpg

The good news...
Deadpool Creator Blasts Studio

Rob Liefeld slams Fox over film adaptation of his comic.

December 2, 2010

by Jim Vejvoda

Comic book writer-artist Rob Liefeld has taken to Twitter to rip 20th Century Fox, the studio behind the feature film adaptation of his comic Deadpool.

CinemaBlend points out a steady stream of insults hurled by Liefeld at the studio, the reasons for which aren't immediately apparent but obviously Fox did something to piss him off.

Here's a taste of what Liefeld tweeted today:

"Dear FOX studios, get your act together. Deadpool is not Green Lantern, not a family film. DP is "filthy" think Expendables $$ w/ RR"

"Also FOX, find your balls and film the script from Rheese and Wernick. You will make loads of money and thank yourself later."

"It boils down to this, Ryan Reynolds, Mr. Sexiest Man alive paired with best comic script ever written, no-brainer....make Deadpool happen!"

http://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1138094p1.html

The bad news...

Fox Sues Woman for Distributing Deadpool Script

Nov 29, 2010 - By Krystal Clark http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?...Woman for Distributing Deadpool Script&src=sp

Over the past year 20th Century Fox has been promising us a Deadpool spin-off. Yet, its development has been moving at the rate of frozen molasses, and star Ryan Reynolds‘ ever growing roster of movies isn’t helping. Even though the studio has treated the project like an unwanted step-child for months they’re still very protective of the project. According to THR, they have filed a lawsuit against a New York woman who’s accused of posting the Deadpool script online.

The woman in question is Patricia McIlvaine, a mother of two who has allegedly posted roughly 100 scripts from various TV shows and movies online. The studio claims that the postings “interfere and trade off of the costly and carefully designed creative processes that produce finished works ready for public consumption. They harm the fans who do not want their enjoyment of a movie or television show to be spoiled by knowing the story ahead of actually being able to watch it.”
Fox is looking for $15 million in compensation for the leak. On Max Adams’ website it was revealed how she was notified of the suit.
Two strangers knocked on her door and informed her, in front of her children, 20th Century Fox was suing her for 15 million dollars. Two hours later, after grilling her with questions for two solid hours, they left her stunned and crying in her living room staring at a business card that stated they were “private investigators.”
This was the first contact PJ had from 20th Century Fox regarding a Media Fire online script library she created — and was the day 20th Century Fox filed a law suit against PJ in federal court for fifteen million dollars.
Yipes! If we didn’t know any better we’d think the studio actually cared about the movie. Unfortunately, this is more about potential financial loss rather than spoilers. If a script leaks online you don’t have to read it. Plus, the studio still has to find the person who got the script to McIlvaine in the first place. Just like with the video leak of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, they’re going to have to look on the inside.

http://screencrave.com/2010-11-29/fox-sues-woman-for-distributing-deadpool-script/

Three things come to mind:

1) Get David Slade to direct it

2) Get a yes or no from Reynolds, if it's a no, then recast it. The character is in a mask all the time anyway

3) How will we hear the dialogue if Deadpool has a full-face mask? They'd have to overdub it later, or adapt the mask to give a mouth slit. There's no way you could speak clearly through a full-face mask, it would muffle the voice.

They could go the Rorschach/Watchmen route... then he could move his eyes aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"