• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

A Deadpool spin off

My bad, is this thread just on ideas for a Deadpool spinnoff? Or discussing it in general?

ideas, what we want to see, just not whether or not there will be one, but I certainly can't stop you from saying whatever the hell you want...

Oh, and he has to have yellow somehow... maybe his favorite color? Oh, what about when he hallucinates it's in yellow tint?

I dunno about that though... hmm.

?

ideas, what we want to see, just not whether or not there will be one, but I certainly can't stop you from saying whatever the hell you want...

?

Oh cool. There are other threads were those things are being discussed. I can just post there. No need to have alot of threads concerning the same thing.I just figured since the thread is titled A Deadpool Spinnoff that it was about anything concerning a Deadpool film.

Does anyone think it'd be cool if Deadpool crossed paths with Daredevil in his spin-off? It could set-up the Daredevil re-boot series.

I think that he should have a larger cast, not like most of these single movies where the cast of characters is smaller... I'm not sure about Daredevil though... how often do they show up together? Wasn't it only once?

?

The thing with Deadpool, if they establish him in his own film, is that he can pop up pretty much anywhere, in any Marvel movie.

I can imagine if they do a X-Men First Class film he could even have a cameo in that. Maybe a quick glimpse of someone sitting on a tree branch outside Siryns window or something.

I'd want Deadpool to start out as sadistic as he was back in the early comics (putting Weasel and Blind Al in the box, etc.) and over time (and multiple movies) he becomes the bit more heroic version we have today.

I'd want Deadpool to start out as sadistic as he was back in the early comics (putting Weasel and Blind Al in the box, etc.) and over time (and multiple movies) he becomes the bit more heroic version we have today.

Yea I wanna see a brutal Deadpool definitely. I wanna get the feeling that he is a ****ed up guy to be around, like really unpredictable. I think Reynolds can pull off being menacing despite him being mainly known as a clown. He was ****ed up in Amityville Horror.

Maybe it could start off like the first solo issue, with DP in the jungle stalking a unit of soldiers.

Hmm, yeah sadism is pretty good. I'm writing story ideas up and that was one thing he needs to be, I really can't see how a DP film would be anything but an R movie. I mean, maybe PG13, but it'll just lack something right?

?

Last edited:
I would like to see an R rated film as well, but its not like the comics are that gory. Wolverine and co. comics are just as violent. And because of the humor aspect with Deadpool I think you could push the limit with a pg-13. It wouldnt ruin the film if its pg-13. Decapitating and limb chopping can get passed the censors easily as long as there is not a s***load of blood. But I would prefer an R more so because I want Deadpool to say whatever he wants. Cenorship on the language would be the main problem in a pg-13

Yea I think a DP film shout be rated R.

Deadpool is all about no compromises. Nicieza and Kelly basically got a free reign to write whatever they wanted when the comic first started out. Deadpool was like their release to go a bit over the top. The films should reflect that.

Yea it doesn't need to be over the top gory, but there is a level of violence that is necessary. There is even a level of slapstick violence in DP comics that is really quite brutal.

Movies can still be R rated but not gory due to language... if anything a R rated DP movie would be more of a r rated comedy than anything...
I could just imagine the rating description

scenes of comic mischief and really foul mouthed character...

?

Does anyone think it'd be cool if Deadpool crossed paths with Daredevil in his spin-off? It could set-up the Daredevil re-boot series.
I'd like that actually. He has history with both Bullseye and Daredevil. Could make for an interesting fight scene. DP would make a great slapstick for DD's straight man too.

ive seen it and ill tell you from one deadpool fan to another..youll be sadly disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^^ You may want to change that post due to new board rules. It's common knowledge at this point, but you can still get banned for talking about it.

I don't have any ideas of my own but I'm sure Marvel will find a way to make the movie terrible.....

Don't blame Marvel, I'm sure if they had more control over the x-men those movies would be better. I can't see how they can do a spin-off of Deadpool after the joke they make him look like in the wolverine movie

Yeah, fool can't do sinawli for ****. Have him stick to kenpo or krabi krabong.

Don't blame Marvel, I'm sure if they had more control over the x-men those movies would be better. I can't see how they can do a spin-off of Deadpool after the joke they make him look like in the wolverine movie

The only people who will think he is a joke are comic book fans who have prior knowledge of him.

General audiences would think he is at first, a funny bad ass. Then when he is turned into Weapon XI they will think he is a creepy bad ass. That's what I reckon, we'll soon find out.

I didn't think he looked like a creepy badass at the end....he looked ******ed. Actually with just a few touchups I think they could have made him cool at the end. It would have been so awesome if suddenly he came out at the end with his costume from comics. I mean if they can get snakes eyes costume right in GI-joe why not Deadpool. Also even if they didn't use the costume, if they had the stitched up mouth, that would have looked more creepy that the mouth erased.

Well Deadpool doesnt have enough popularity to have his own movie..
so I dont think it will work.

these days you don't need to be popular to have your own movie. Hollywood is turning every comic title they can get their hand on into a movie

I didn't think he looked like a creepy badass at the end....he looked ******ed. Actually with just a few touchups I think they could have made him cool at the end. It would have been so awesome if suddenly he came out at the end with his costume from comics. I mean if they can get snakes eyes costume right in GI-joe why not Deadpool. Also even if they didn't use the costume, if they had the stitched up mouth, that would have looked more creepy that the mouth erased.

Well you are not the general audience who knows nothing about him are ya? And I would of loved to see him in costume, but as Reynolds says himself, he isn't the proper Deadpool yet. All that is in this film is Wade Wilson and the experimented on Wade Wilson. We are yet to see the failed experiment that is Deadpool. That's what the real Deadpool is, a FAILED experiment.

Well Deadpool doesnt have enough popularity to have his own movie..
so I dont think it will work.

Doesn't have enough popularity? :hehe: The guy has got TWO ongoing series, as well as being involved in other cross overs. Trust me, Marvel are putting DP out there big time. He is EASILY in the top 20 most popular Marvel characters at the moment.

And anyway, that doesn't matter all that much. If Punisher(the walking hollywood cliche) and Elektra can get movies, DP can get a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"