A Good Reporter Makes Stories Great: Rachel Brosnahan IS Lois Lane

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
Your thread for Daily Planet and Pulitzer winning journalist...

Top 5 Lois picks for Abrams's project:

lzrjzgj9t3c31.jpg

Kelly-Marie-Tran:-Star-Wars:-The-Last-Jedi-Premiere--18.jpg

Jessica-henwick-Red-Dress.jpg

naomi-scott-at-aladdin-press-conference-in-london-05-10-2019-3.jpg
740full-jane-levy.jpg

Hell yes to DeBose. I’m going to pretend that Kraven movie she’s in doesn’t exist, in the same way that audiences will when it’s out in theaters.

tbh I'm sure the people in Kraven are pretending it doesn't exist.

LOL I wonder if Ariana’s agent looked at the reviews for Morbius this week and is meticulously going over her Kraven contract trying to find a way for her to get out of it.

Rashida Jones
Yes!!!! I said this a couple years back, she also resonates the early Kidder vibe too.

Great actress.

As with Debose, she would be great too, she has a real classical/attractive look to her and she has that determined look in her eye.

As for Cornerswet (sic), I'm totally over him. My top pick now is Miles Teller.

Miles Teller as a person seems antithetical to who Superman is, can't really shake that when thinking about him in the role tbh.

I think Auli'i Cravalho would make for a great Supergirl as well.

I remember reading an interview where Teller came off like a real d-bag. And there were rumors that he was an anti-vaxxer but I’m not sure if they were true (I hope not). Anyway, he’s a decent actor but I’m not sure he’s right for Superman. Maybe though. I’d give him a chance at least.

Lois Lane’s reporting skills are as important to me as Batman’s detective skills. Always want a strong showing on that front.

Lois Lane’s reporting skills are as important to me as Batman’s detective skills. Always want a strong showing on that front.

Definitely. I would like to see that put on display in a better way in the next Superman film. I feel like we’ve gotten bits of it in the past but for the most part, we’ve mostly just got scenes of her saying, “I’m a Pulitzer Prize winning reporter!”

S:TAS has the best Lois. I don't need to write paragraphs describing how I picture her the way I did Clark - that's as perfect a summation as any. I'd take some inspiration from S&L and have her be a passionate champion of social justice, but to add a bit of contrast between her and Clark, I'd have her focus on exposing the people, organizations, and institutions who benefit from the corrupt system (whereas Clark would want to highlight the problems themselves, the people affected by them, and the progressive solutions to fix them). As Lois ages, she, like Clark, eventually mellows out a bit - but she never loses that wit, that fire, that willingness to confront powerful people and expose them for who they truly are. She might have indulged in (somewhat) heated verbal exchanges with corrupt CEO's as a younger woman, but as an experienced adult, Lois would rather save her words for the article. Corrupt businessmen only get a raised eyebrow or an eye roll once she reaches her 40's.

3EgpDJe
I wouldn't mind seeing Awkwafina as lois.

7fe7ac23ebee4b4b10960d1b4117e613.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"