The Official Lois Lane Casting & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker's Lackey

Civilian
Reaction score
Searched and couldn't find a thread. Opted to not make a Poll. So post your favorite Actress to Portray the Daily Planet Reporter.

75701-982-lois-lane_super.jpg
87041-13529-lois-lane_super.jpg
319234-6477-lois-lane_super.gif
262545-34340-lois-lane_super.gif
394892-170199-lois-lane_super.jpg

Some Pics to Help.

As for my Pick. I Like Rhona Mitra for the part. I really don't want a young twenty something actress. To me Lois has to be a Strong Woman, and I think Rhona would be perfect.

I think if they want to cast older people (and I think they should) Jennifer Garner is a good pic, if they want to cast younger, then Keira Knightley

Rachel McAdams is another fine choice, but again a lot of Lois' casting has to do with who is cast as Superman...but she is a fine choice as well.

Rose Byrne? Recent credits include 28 Weeks Later and Troy both in which she did a good job playing tough yet vulnerable.

rose_byrne18_jpg.jpg

While I'm a firm believer that you can't cast Lois
until you've cast your Superman, I would cast
Rose because I think she would make a great Lois
to Cavill's Superman, and Cavill is who I'm supporting
for that role. Some other actresses just wouldn't
work with Cavill, just like some other Supermen
wouldn't work with Rose.

But Rose is my Lois.

damages12.jpg

While I'm a firm believer that you can't cast Lois
until you've cast your Superman, I would cast
Rose because I think she would make a great Lois
to Cavill's Superman, and Cavill is who I'm supporting
for that role. Some other actresses just wouldn't
work with Cavill, just like some other Supermen
wouldn't work with Rose.

But Rose is my Lois.

damages12.jpg
:wow::wow:

No way Puck did you finally come back to the hype after all these years.

From the looks, GREAT CHOICE.

ps: I don't find Rose Byrne attractive at all and i'm tired of seing LOIS in the movies portrayed as such an average ugly woman. I mean, WTF! He prefers Lois over Wonder Woman for CHRIST SAKE! She must be at least more than pretty.

Kata Mara

She was in Shooter, We Are Marshall, Brokeback Mountain, 24, and many other projects. She's currently 25. Just give her black hair.

gfd_l4.jpg

gfd_l3.jpg

kate_mara-768273.jpg

sports085.jpg

Last edited:

ps: I don't find Rose Byrne attractive at all and i'm tired of seing LOIS in the movies portrayed as such an average ugly woman. I mean, WTF! He prefers Lois over Wonder Woman for CHRIST SAKE! She must be at least more than pretty.

First of all, she's not average or ugly.
Secondly, who are you to judge who another man finds attractive?
Superman falls in love with her. Not SuperDaniel falls in love with her.

I personally think it should be someone as hot as Teri Hatcher was and as hot as Durance is. Byrne is way below them.

how do you know what attracts kryptonians? He could be turned on by intelligence

I'm thinking about the General audience. I cant stand watching Margot Kidder for example because she is damn ugly!

Kata Mara

She was in Shooter, We Are Marshall, Brokeback Mountain, 24, and many other projects. She's currently 25. Just give her black hair.

gfd_l4.jpg

gfd_l3.jpg

kate_mara-768273.jpg

sports085.jpg

Wow she kind of looks like the girl I selected, normally Joanna Garcia has that reddish hair look.

Joanna%20Garcia-SGS-023308.jpg

As stupid as it may sound, this picture really does represent the ideal look for Lois to me. Intelligence, cuteness, and pure spunk.

I can't say I have seen any particular actress right now that fits all the criteria, so I'm fairly clueless on this matter. Teri Hatcher was damn near perfect though.

i'm tired of seing LOIS in the movies portrayed as such an average ugly woman. I mean, WTF! He prefers Lois over Wonder Woman for CHRIST SAKE! She must be at least more than pretty.
I personally think it should be someone as hot as Teri Hatcher was and as hot as Durance is.
I cant stand watching Margot Kidder for example because she is damn ugly!
how do you know what attracts kryptonians? He could be turned on by intelligence

Actually, Lois is not supposed to be portrayed as overly attractive. 04nbod is right, Superman is attracted to Lois because of her intelligence.

I believe it's from Byrne's Superman that goes: "She's... I don't know... not as beautiful as a movie star, but she has... a quality. Something I've never seen in any other woman. Almost a fire in those big, dark eyes. For just a moment it seemed as if something passed between us. A spark."

"Not as beautiful as a movie star." It's one of the elements of the Superman story that makes it so charming and emotional--Superman is seduced by Lois' personality (what a thought) and her looks are irrelevant. I don't know for a fact, but it's probably taken from Pride & Prejudice in which Lizzie is "plain," but the stunningly handsome Darcy, who could have any woman he wants, falls in love with Lizzie because he is so enchanted by her wit and intelligence. That's one of the major elements of Pride & Prejudice that has made it such a beloved story that people have come back to over and over again through the centuries, and it's just as appealing in Superman. So casting some flavor-of-the-week Hollywood knockout as Lois would ruin the dynamic and dilute the power of the story.

Diluting the power of beloved stories seems to be Hollywood's speciality, though, so this is all irrelevant. We know that a movie studio is not going to cast an "average" looking woman as Lois (even though "average" in Hollywood terms is still gorgeous). Hell, to Hollywood Keira Knightley was supposed to be "plain" in Pride & Prejudice. Yeah, right. We got Kate Bosworth the last time around (who miscast beyond just her looks) and I'm sure they'll screw it up again this time.

The key to casting Lois Lane is who can bring that quality of competence and intelligence behind the eyes, as if she's the smartest person in any room she walks into, that unspoken mental processing ability that unfortunately can't be acted. The actress herself must naturally possess it. There aren't very many actresses who have a true intelligence behind the eyes--it's a rare quality in Hollywood. The only actress that I can think of off the top of my head that definitely has it is Cate Blanchett, but she's too old now.

normal_charlottegray_caps_056.jpg

Last edited:
Someone like Teri Hatcher would be great for me. She was the perfect Lois Lane, imo.

Actually, Lois is not supposed to be portrayed as overly attractive. 04nbod is right, Superman is attracted to Lois because of her intelligence.

I believe it's from Byrne's Superman that goes: "She's... I don't know... not as beautiful as a movie star, but she has... a quality. Something I've never seen in any other woman. Almost a fire in those big, dark eyes. For just a moment it seemed as if something passed between us. A spark."

"Not as beautiful as a movie star." It's one of the elements of the Superman story that makes it so charming and emotional--Superman is seduced by Lois' personality (what a thought) and her looks are irrelevant. I don't know for a fact, but it's probably taken from Pride & Prejudice in which Lizzie is "plain," but the stunningly handsome Darcy, who could have any woman he wants, falls in love with Lizzie because he is so enchanted by her wit and intelligence. That's one of the major elements of Pride & Prejudice that has made it such a beloved story that people have come back to over and over again through the centuries, and it's just as appealing in Superman. So casting some flavor-of-the-week Hollywood knockout as Lois would ruin the dynamic and dilute the power of the story.

Diluting the power of beloved stories seems to be Hollywood's speciality, though, so this is all irrelevant. We know that a movie studio is not going to cast an "average" looking woman as Lois (even though "average" in Hollywood terms is still gorgeous). Hell, to Hollywood Keira Knightley was supposed to be "plain" in Pride & Prejudice. Yeah, right. We got Kate Bosworth the last time around (who was horrible casting for so many other reasons, too) and I'm sure they'll screw it up again this time.

The key to casting Lois Lane is who can bring that quality of competence and intelligence behind the eyes, as if she's the smartest person in any room she walks into, that unspoken mental processing ability that unfortunately can't be acted. The actress herself must naturally possess it. There aren't very many actresses who have a true intelligence behind the eyes--it's a rare quality in Hollywood. The only actress that I can think of off the top of my head that definitely has it is Cate Blanchett, but she's too old now.

Good post. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"