A Marvel film you wanna see?

Captain Britain
Hercules
Man-Thing
Namor
Silver Surfer
Spider-Woman
Thunderbolts

Secret Wars with the Avengers, Spider-Man, FF & X-Men.
Who doesn't? LOL. That would be beyond awesome. I think we'll see Secret Wars someday, but it's several years off. Maybe a wrap up to phase 6? That movie could be HUGE.

I want an X-Men movie that makes Cyclops the field leader, a badass, vulnerable, a leader who can overcome his vulnerability, and balanced focus on the rest of the team instead of just fleshing out one or two more.

I think the Iron Fist series is underrated, but I'd love to see a better adaption of the character on film.

The first Avengers movie kinda did that, mixed both Ultimates and Avengers #001, and removed the 'Every character is an overbearing jerk you want to bite' concept.

Hello fuzzy dude.

You mean you didn't like a juvenile, jealous cyclops who acted like a middle school boy with a crush on a cheerleader? LOL.

You mean you didn't like a juvenile, jealous cyclops who acted like a middle school boy with a crush on a cheerleader? LOL.
Huh? That's neither the original trilogy nor the Apocalypse version.
I was thinking of the guy who was just there to save Wolverine in one movie, get kidnapped in the second, and killed in the third, without putting much effort on focusing on him as the most significant member who stayed with almost every iteration of the team.

Huh? That's neither the original trilogy nor the Apocalypse version.
I was thinking of the guy who was just there to save Wolverine in one movie, get kidnapped in the second, and killed in the third, without putting much effort on focusing on him as the most significant member who stayed with almost every iteration of the team.
When we have a cyclops who is clearly jealous of wolverine, that strikes me is a juvenile. The comic cyclops was way better than that. He was a leader.

When we have a cyclops who is clearly jealous of wolverine, that strikes me is a juvenile. The comic cyclops was way better than that. He was a leader.
He wasn't jealous in any unhealthy fashion, he was annoyed that the guy he helped save insults everyone and flirts his way with the girlfriend he almost tried to kill when he first saw her.
Cyclops has the right to make Logan pay for his stolen vehicles, the latter wasted the former's both motorbike and car, so it's Logan who is more of a juvenile and insensitive prick.

He wasn't jealous in any unhealthy fashion, he was annoyed that the guy he helped save insults everyone and flirts his way with the girlfriend he almost tried to kill when he first saw her.
Cyclops has the right to make Logan pay for his stolen vehicles, the latter wasted the former's both motorbike and car, so it's Logan who is more of a juvenile and insensitive prick.
That's technically true. However, I think the combination of storytelling traditions and the point of view being that of Jackman's charming protagonist means that the average audience member probably saw Cyclops as the generic jealous a-hole boyfriend as seen in every romantic comedy ever. Cyke was never really given a point of view or a valid argument against Logan. Comic-fans may know he's more than just some jealous romantic rival but the original films never really showed any other side of him.

I want to see a Silver Surfer movie where he either teams up with or confronts the Phoenix Force.

Dark Avengers
Wolverine vs Hulk vs Thor vs Deadpool
Cloak and Dagger

It seems like all roads are leading to Young Avengers--or some iteration of it. This could be a film franchise, or a multi-season Disney + series. Having just reread Heinberg & Cheung's run & Children's Crusade, I'd love for the MCU to use that story thread as a road map.

There are some deviations that will be necessary, of course. For example, I'd substitute Jessica Jones for Scott Pym in this story. And maybe make Hulking the son of a different Kree (in the comics it was original Captain Mar-vel & his mother is Skrull). You would need to also alter Kate Bishop's introduction to the team given her origin will be played out in Hawkeye.

All that being said, there's great character in those stories and it does a great job of working as a standalone that still hinges on the larger web of the MCU. Who better to the plot the course than the original creator himself, Allan Heinberg?

Young Avengers
adapted for the screen by Allan Heinberg

heroes.
Iron Lad / Vision: Asa Butterfield, 22
Hawkeye: Hailee Steinfeld, 21
Patriot: Jharrel Jerome, 22
Wiccan: Fionn Whitehead, 22
Hulkling: Skyler Gisondo, 23
Stature: Emma Fuhrmann, 18

villain.
Kang: Andrew Scott, 42

avengers.
Ant-Man: Paul Rudd, 50
Wasp: Evangeline Lily, 40
Captain America: Anthony Mackie, 41
Captain Marvel: Brie Larson, 30
Dr. Strange: Benedict Cumberbatch, 43

allies.
Agatha Harkness: Octavia Spencer, 47

characters for sequels:

heroes.
Speed: Nicholas Hamilton, 19
Ms. Marvel: Saara Chaudry, 15
Spider-Man: Caleb McLaughlin, 18

villains.
Kl’rt: Aldis Hodge, 32
Yon-Rogg: Jude Law, 46
Mephisto: Antonio Banderas, 59

Alpha Flight
Howard the Duck
Hit-Monkey
Wolverine/Hulk
X-Force
Midnight Sons
Secret Wars

The Sentry and who would be a perfect casting choice? None other than Henry Cavill himself

I don't know, he already played a distantly inhuman source of collateral damage, do you really want to make the guy play someone who is even more of that? :p

Stand-Alone movies that fall outside of MCU continuity.

Golden Age comics such as Timely or Atlas (names before later became Marvel Comics in the early 1960's) involving a deconstructive take for a modern audience with an Earth X or Kingdom Come vibe would be interesting.

Any movie that starts with the word “Fantastic” and ends with the word “Four”.

Silver Surfer
PowerMan and Iron Fist set in the MCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"