Official "Props to Marvel" Thread

Aztec

Sidekick
Reaction score
I'd like to start a thread that gives props to Marvel for some outstanding recent business decisions and products.

1) Marvel Studios- Their own studio, a brilliant idea to keep full creative control and generate more income to fund future products.

2) Choosing quality actors, writers, and directors for their projects. Robert Downey Jr., Edward Norton, John Favreau, etc. These are impressive choices that raise the bar of the films.

3) Iron Man- What an excellent film to start off your new film studio. This movie was near flawless as far as superhero movies go, and it introduced us to the wider Marvel world.

4) Marvel Universe- Without a question the most ambitious move Marvel has made yet. The decision to tie together their franchise characters, just like in the comics. Can you think of any other superhero team franchise film (Avengers) where all of the characters (Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, and Thor) all had their own films first? Not only do we get that, each film will add a piece to the overall Avenger puzzle by having cameos from other Marvel Universe characters. This is sheer brilliance! It's daring, innovative, and risky but the payoff I believe will be HUGE!

5) The decision to keep the same principle actors for the Avenger film. Marvel execs have made it very clear that they want Downey, Norton, Jackson, etc. back as their respective characters for The Avengers film.

With these facts in mind, I must give Marvel props for a job well done.

This isn't necessarily just an Iron Man thread, but I whole-heartedly agree nonetheless. The "Iron Man brain trust" has given me unlimited faith in Marvel. Now they are having writers work as unofficial producers - which can only mean more faithfulness to the comics we know and love.

Yes,props to Marvel! However,if they were to make Spiderman movies I don't think I could watch them.The Spiderman movie series have left a very awful taste in my mouth and it's going to be like that FOR AS LONG AS I AM ALIVE.

Props, Marvel. I wish you so much success that my first love, DC, will geto so embarrassed by it that they have no choice but to follow suit and being to movie towards a unified universe of their own.

Props Marvel! I mean, HOLY ****, the next few years are gonna be so epic my head will explode!!!

Props Marvel! I mean, HOLY ****, the next few years are gonna be so epic my head will explode!!!

Seriously. Usually you have to wait 2 or 3 years between installments in your favourite movie series, but we're lucky to be getting new movies in the Marvel Universe series not once every two years, but twice every year. It almost harks back to the Superhero movie serials of the 1940s.

Props, Marvel. I wish you so much success that my first love, DC, will geto so embarrassed by it that they have no choice but to follow suit and being to movie towards a unified universe of their own.

Forget it man,DC will keep dissapointing us alot when it comes to DC movies. There is no salvation for us...if you know what I mean.

:bh:

Glad you guys agree. This is certainly some of the best business decision making I've seen in a while. Now might be a good time to buy some Marvel stock. It's only going up from here, especially if Incredible Hulk delivers.

As for DC, aside from The Dark Knight (which looks amazing), there is really very little going on. DC will continue to play second fiddle to Marvel for the foreseeable future.

Yes, agreeing with you guy's a lot here. Congrats Marvel on every thing. You've made some very wise discisions here, very wise indeed. Iron Man was one of the best movies ever made in a while. All the movies you've agreed to do is an awesome thing and its great to know that you want to keep all the same actors for every thing, that's the best way to do things here. Can't wait for it all and see how things go. Sadly D.C doesn't seem to care about there fans, so heres hoping you screw with there heads to get them thinking. Heaven for bid they actualy start to get off there asses and start to work on that Flash film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"