Legends A New Dawn, by John Jackson Miller

This thread is to discuss this new story in the new canon. If the book offends you so much then leave the thread.

So you're telling me I'm not allowed to speak out and discuss my opinions and criticisms against the novel? I think I can report you for saying that. By the way I've read it and it has a:

• Convoluted and unsophisticated story with events happening conveniently, just so the plot would work.
  • Plodding and even worse dialogue than any of the films.
  • A very personality-less intro to Kanan and Hera.

You've not been discussing those things, though. Feel free to discuss all of that. That pertains to the book at hand. The EU debate needs to be a separate thread.

And as a former mod of these boards you can report that. You can also be reported for your antagonistic response to my asking we get this thread back to discussing a New dawn of "Yeah let's discuss a book that fell off the best seller list"

Personally I don't give a crap if a book is on a best seller list or not.

I've finished the book now, the plot was simple, and I thought it did fine in establishing the characters for the upcoming show. I suspect they didn't have Kanan [blackout]use his lightsaber[/blackout] as that will be a big moment/reveal for the Rebels show when he does.

I loved Skelly and Vidian. I disagree about Hera. The book made me quite fond of her character.

So you're telling me I'm not allowed to speak out and discuss my opinions and criticisms against the novel? I think I can report you for saying that. By the way I've read it and it has a:

• Convoluted and unsophisticated story with events happening conveniently, just so the plot would work.
  • Plodding and even worse dialogue than any of the films.
  • A very personality-less intro to Kanan and Hera.

Oh don't act like you've been trying to discuss the book. You've been derailing the thread fussing about the Old EU being cancelled. That discussion doesn't belong here. This is the first post of yours that's been on topic.

Last edited:
Ya, he has not read the novel. Because he's claiming to "boycott" it. Who cares about the sales...but again he keep saying it with no linkage to it. The book has been out for less than month. Many SW books hundreds have not been on that list. Means nothing.

Anywho just finished the book.

I give it a solid 8/10.

Not the best SW book I've read, but far from the worst.

Pros:

-Kanan and Hera rock, it really makes you want to learn more.
-Loved the feel of the story. Quite dark at times.
-Count Vidian was pretty awesome, a different type of villain. Pretty much an accountant type from hell.

Cons:

-Pacing issues, it starts real slow
-Wish there would have been more of a personal fight with Vidian at the end.

Overall:

A great start to the new EU, a fun adventure letting us to really get to know our Rebel leads more.

-Kanan and Hera rock, it really makes you want to learn more.
Indeed! I look forward to seeing them develop this dynamic even further in Rebels.

I really loved Hera, Kanan, Vidian and Skelly. Sloane was good too. I hope we see where she goes after the events of the book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"