A revelation if you will concerning the 1st film...and FF2

4NutzinYoface

Sidekick
Reaction score
You ever get SOOOO hyped up over a damn movie it just...takes over every one of your thoughts...wait, that sounded kinda creepy....ok, you guys know what I mean. Fans of certain comics that get turned into films just sit and HOPE that the final movie will be everything they hoped for..and they won't get let down.

I have been let down by tons of movies...perhaps because in my mind I hype them up waaaay too much I can't help but get let down...some movies though are just plain friggin' bad (Ghost Rider, Batman & Robin).

The Fantastic Four universe has always been something near and dear to my heart...ever since I heard of the Roger Corman movie that was set for release I was SOOO excited! Then..that went down the crapper (and apparently for good reason too!). Then Chris Columbus was set to bust out a FF movie...didn't happen. Then a movie called 'Taxi' by Tim Story came out....yikes...that same director was all set for the Fantastic Four movie. I was scared.

Then came the clips and trailers....sweet mother o' mercy did this movie look amazing!!! I was sooo hyped for it! Thennnn I saw it. I can't tell you how much of a mixed bag of feelings I had---not enough action, goofy parts (that dalmation dog putting his paw over his eye should not have been in there..christ)...I just dismissed it. I felt..hurt LoL...

Then...THEN after seeing the spots for the Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer I thought "Wow...". I then decided to re-visit the old 2005 movie. I watched it...watched with the commentary on..and you know something? I really love the film! All the little details and the humour and the directing....solid job to be quite honest :) I just can't believe we are FINALLY seeing Doctor Doom, the FF family, the Silver Surfer on the big screen :D

So I welcome the new movie with open arms and I'll try not to get so hyped for it and make the movie in my mind...juuust had to get this off my chest :)

OH and I busted out Fantastic Four movie figures by Toy Biz as well...those were some great toys! Not a fan of the new Hasbro ones...they are a dinky 5-inches :(

Yeah, Hasbro is a letdown replacement. However considering I'm getting over my action figure addictionI shouldn't complain.

I will say this though; Even though the first movie was subpar, it was entertaining. Lots of people felt the same way about the first X-Men film. The good thing about mediocre origin films is that they're easier to top with a sequel.

I thought the first Fantastic Four was pretty good. Yeah I know what you mean about getting hyped up for movies. for the past two weeks i've actually had horrible dreams where i start to go see spidey 3 and something goes wrong. Actually i've pretty much gone over every scenario in my head of how something WILL go wrong and ruin my movie experience. I dont know..call me crazy. Anyways I think that Spidey 3 and FF:ROTSS will not let me down. I'm all hyped up!:yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"