A Serious Question For Matt and the Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know they say idiot on spongebob :p
EXACTLY.

It is NOT that awful a word, at all. There isn't a Rated G movie on Earth that would cut out the word "idiot".

And "personal attacks" ?

happens constantly, day in/day out.
MODS do it.
DEW does it.

If they'd take the time to compile agreed upon rules, and post them, and STICK to them, it would be so much better.

When people call me an "ass****" (which is pretty much every other day for the last 3 years), a lot of them, like Ghost Rider87, continually use dollar signs to bypass the censors, and NOTHING is done about it...

...but if I do it, I get an infraction.
It's crazy, and quite lame.

And, thread-wise...am I alone in thinking there are too many double standards at the Hype?
I suppose you could call it a double standard, but come on--what do you expect? Rank has its privileges. You can get away with more than I can and I can get away with more than some dude with 12 posts. And I assume that you guys like it that way; that is why you are pretty mean to new posters. It's like a trial by fire thing...bash the newbie for a while and if he holds his own, then he is accepted into the group.

But here we have a veteran members slinging mud at each other and now you ask if there is a double standard? Well off course there is. If you think it is bad and should go away, then ragging on newbies must be as addressed as ragging on the vets.

I don't know the relationship between you and Matt, but I've made a couple of friends on here, and we can talk too each other in ways that we wouldn't talk to other members. A little name calling all in good fun and whatnot. There seems to be an unwritten rule here that if enough respect is given between two parties, then they have the okay to get informal with each other. It's akin to joking with your buddies.

But more than the double standard question is the tough skin thing also. This place can be ruthless. The anonymity of the net makes people stand up to people they'd never stand up to; makes them say things they would never say in real life. That's just something we are all going to have to accept.

Also Wilhelm, have you been warned about flaming recently or in the past?

OK...I will settle this....

Matt,
For past comments, you get an infraction.
Hype...this thread is closed.

Just to prove Malice infracted me

infract.jpg

:up:

An just know...if Matt from a previous time makes another comment, I will slap him again!

An just know...if Matt from a previous time makes another comment, I will slap him again!

Just don't do that on DM, you know he likes to be slapped :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"