Hype Awards Post Show: A Hype News Production

I bet you have anti-Mee posters all over your walls. You just sit there...planning your strike. :(

My vote was instrumental in your victory. :csad: :huh:

I just want you to be ever vigilant because I could take it away. :cmad:

There has to be consequences for one's actions, like how I kept you from giving advice, this is the same thing only more official. :up:

We've managed to catch co-Funniest Poster Wilhelm-Scream, let's see what he has to say...

1. What does it mean to you, to be voted co-funniest poster on the Hype?

I've already won "smartest", now I've won "One of the funniest". I just have to win "hottest" next and we'll have it all covered.

I think people mixed up "funny" with "entertaining" though.
I'm super-funny in real life, but my comedy shines when peppered with mega-offensive-profane-disgusting words and concepts, so I'm not that funny here. I'd say I'm more "entertaining" than "funny".
But I'll take it.
I'm glad people voted for me.
Thanks for being so perceptive, Hypesters.

2. What do you think of the poster you share the award with: Mee? Personally I think he's pretty swell.

I am proud of Mee. I've watched him grow from Teen Titan to JLA'er. He's got to at least be Firestorm now...maybe that Elongated dude.

I'm also pleased to see him shedding some of his niceness recently. With time, who knows, he could become a full fledged internet bad-ash cyber-bully.

Could we ever see him systematically destroying the remnants of C.F. Kane's self esteem? Could we see him telling the girls point blank how overrated their looks are by the virginal dweebs of the Hype? Could we ever see him in the role of "irrationally hostile Grammar-Nazi"?
At one time, I'd've said, "No."
But now, this vision of a possible future doesn't seem so fanciful, and that warms my heart.

I'd like to say no way, but I just don't know anymore. What have you people done to me?:csad:

p.s. Firestorm and Elongated Man are uber lame.:cmad:

3. Who was your choice, for this award?

I didn't vote for "Smartest" and as far as I recall, I didn't vote for "Funniest" either...because there are so many exceptionally smart and funny people on the Hype, it would be criminal to choose just one.
I think I considered voting for musclesforsupes. He's probably made me laugh more than anyone. His awkwardly constructed song parodies are breath-taking.
But contests about subjective things, and ranking people's qualities,...it's a guitared thing. It can't be done with accuracy. To me, trying to choose one always highlights the greatness of the ones you're not choosing.

We're all winners.

And by all I mean all of us who don't suck. :o
...More interviews on the way!

Oh look! The Lizard, winner of Hypetime Achievement, managed to get his wheelchair over here!

1. What does it mean to you, to win the Hypetime Achievement Award?

Lizard: Winning this award means that I have succeeded in being just ubiquitous enough to get noticed without having to wave my genitalia around to the point of becoming truly famous or infamous around here. I'm the Ron Paul of SHH instead of the Ron Jeremy. :csad:

However, I do admittedly now feel some pressure to post more often and to loiter more in the high-controversy threads. Such is the price of forum pseudo-fame I suppose. Despite this, I shall never abandon my roots in the Spider-Man forums - even though the third Spidey movie kinda sucked symbiote wang.

2. What have you learned, thorugh your many many many many many years here, that you can pass on to the new generation?

Many, many, many, many, many :cmad: things, but here's the most important few:

1.Words on a monitor should only do what you allow them to do. Entertain, enlighten, and yes, sometimes anger, but only to the point you let them. So just chill out and don't take yourself and your online rep so damn seriously.

2. Do independent research before you believe anything you see in a superhero website forum. A lot of posters around here are interesting people, but kind of wicky in the wacky-woo with regards to the real world. This research should also be done before posting your own demented manifestos.

3. A "schtick" can be fun for a while, but eventually you're going to have to reveal a legit personality or things can get annoying (eg: E. Bison).

dialog-vega2.gif
You question the awesome of E. Bison?!

4. The concept of organic webshooters on Spider-Man has always sucked and will always continue to suck. Complain about them whenever possible and question the intelligence and parentage of those who disagree with you.

Organic webshooters are way better than some kid making this crazy great invention, and only after he's got Spider powers. Did he just not feel like using his genius before? :o

5. If you get aggravated or bored in these forums, by all means take a break from them before going apeshit and getting yourself banned over something stupid. Go cause trouble at CS, IMDB, Rottentomatoes, le blank blank or Beliefnet for a few weeks.

After all, the rest of us aren't going anywhere.

Ever. :csad:

Can I hold your dentures? Just real quick?

Sorry - they're too sharp for you to handle with your soft pink youthful girly hands.

I'm so popping the tires on your scooter.:cmad:

On that note, let's take a quick break.

I'm loving these interviews. If the rest of the Hype read like these, I'm pretty sure the world would be a better place.

Wicky in the Wacky-Woo ?

Where the bad place are our slick-ash graphics.
This is like a mimeographed punk fanzine from the 80's.
I've come to expect elegance.

With the way I'm doing this one, I didn't wanna bother BRUTAL with formatting each one.

Especially since Erz worked him so hard for the actual awards. :csad:

Everything worth doing, is worth doing right.

Poster of the Year 101

Rule #1, no excuses.

Rule #1 A.

Don't irritate guy named "BRUTAL."

What is...no, Alek?

Wilhelm said:
What's he gonna do, manip your lights out?

He's a deputy you know. He could like, scold me harshly.:(

Organic webshooters are way better than some kid making this crazy great invention, and only after he's got Spider powers. Did he just not feel like using his genius before? :o
Spiders don't make little devices to spin webs. He's supposed to get spider attributes, from a bite. The only thing that makes sense is that it would be organic.
What is Lizard thinking?!

Has Memphis Slim been around to claim his prize as the worst poster?

I'm sure that Mee and Wilhelm are just egging me on with all their pro-organic nonsense. As tempted as I am to reiterate all the classic historical pro-mech arguments, I can't bring myself to do so when I'm dealing with two people who probably never even visited no-organic-webshooters.com back in 1999-2000.

But anyway....... real spiders don't shoot webs out of their arms, they shoot them out of the spinnerets at the tip of their abdomens, so shouldn't Peter Parker then shoot webs out of his ash?!? HAHA! DEVASTATING REBUTTAL! FLAWLESS VICTORY!

I'm sure that Mee and Wilhelm are just egging me on with all their pro-organic nonsense. As tempted as I am to reiterate all the classic historical pro-mech arguments, I can't bring myself to do so when I'm dealing with two people who probably never even visited no-organic-webshooters.com back in 1999-2000.

But anyway....... real spiders don't shoot webs out of their arms, they shoot them out of the spinnerets at the tip of their abdomens, so shouldn't Peter Parker then shoot webs out of his ash?!? HAHA! DEVASTATING REBUTTAL! FLAWLESS VICTORY!

Haha! That cracked me up, dude. :up:

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"