A Terminator question.

livrule said:
It started the moment the first Terminator arrived from the past.

At that second the future war was born.

how does something get sent back from a future that doesn't exist yet?

Warhammer said:
Actually, this thread is not even about that question anymore. :)
Lol, it turned into the Timeloop/Future thread.

Btw, T-101 is the model number.
T-101 is what the Terminator looked like. (Arnold) Every Terminator that Arnold played in the movies were 101 models. Thats why they looked the same.

T-800 is the type. The T-800 was in the 1st and 2nd movies, while the T-850 was in the third movie.

T-101 = Model Number.
T-800/850 = Type of Terminator.
in 1st 2nd and 3rd movie him or anyone else in the movie didnt brought up saying hes 800 or 850. yes in T2 that badguy is T-1000 T3 movie TX and she kicked ass

juggster-rules said:
in 1st 2nd and 3rd movie him or anyone else in the movie brought up saying hes 800 or 850. yes in T2 that badguy is T-1000 T3 movie TX and she kicked ass
You make no sense. and in T1 and T2 he is a T-800 (not a T-101) that was sorted at the start of the thread

cryptic name said:
how does something get sent back from a future that doesn't exist yet?

The Terminator movies start in the future then take characters BACK to the past.

The_Raven said:
Thanks for posting that link. It never ceases to amaze me how much stuff I learn on Wiki. Good stuff.

You know the funny thing?
This thread really became a debate about Time loops/Multiple timelines after I posted that link. :)

And yes, Wiki is very good.

black_dust said:
You make no sense. and in T1 and T2 he is a T-800 (not a T-101) that was sorted at the start of the thread
put some hearing aids on and hear what he says about himself in the 2nd movie. the dude that was protecting sarah in the 1st movie he explained to her who he is what number and all that.

juggster-rules said:
put some hearing aids on and hear what he says about himself in the 2nd movie. the dude that was protecting sarah in the 1st movie he explained to her who he is what number and all that.
"Im a T-800 cyberdyne system model 101"

800 is the series a T-101 would be a lesser modle than the T-800 dumbass

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-800

Just to confirm ...

T-800 refers to the SERIES of the robot ... 101 refers to the MODEL from that series.

T1 and T2 featured a T-800 Terminator model 101.

(101 being the outer look of the Terminator)

livrule said:
The Terminator movies start in the future then take characters BACK to the past.

i'm aware of that. what i'm asking is how skynet could create itself. because according to the prevailing theory in this thread, the impetus of skynets creation was the discovery of the surviving componenets from the t-800 sent to kill sarah. the loop apparently starts when reese and the t-800 enter 1984, but my question is how skynet existed to send the terminator back if it's own creation was dependant on that terminator being found. it's kind a 'who came first, the chicken or the egg?' type thing.

cryptic name said:
the loop apparently starts when reese and the t-800 enter 1984, but my question is how skynet existed to send the terminator back if it's own creation was dependant on that terminator being found. it's kind a 'who came first, the chicken or the egg?' type thing.

Thats the nature of time travel ...

Skynet exists in the future because everything from the Terminator movies has ALREADY happened in the past.

There was no start point ... thats why its a loop.

For example ... Kyle is going back to 1984 ... from the future. He is going because John KNOWS he must go. John knows because he was told by Sarah who met Kyle years before .... in the past.

It is a constant circle ..... Kyle will be born .... grow up ... travel through time to save Sarah and make her pregnant .... die in the past .... then be reborn in the future to do it all again.

livrule said:

Skynet exists in the future because everything from the Terminator movies has ALREADY happened in the past.

For example ... Kyle is going back to 1984 ... from the future. He is going because John KNOWS he must go. John knows because he was told by Sarah who met Kyle years before .... in the past.

It is a constant circle ..... Kyle will be born .... grow up ... travel through time to save Sarah and make her pregnant .... die in the past .... then be reborn in the future to do it all again.

I think what he is getting at is the paradox of how kyle (with the terminator) was sent back the first time if skynet hasn`t been invented yet. Because the Terminator cant make skynet for the first time if a skynet isn`t "alive" to send it back....

livrule said:

Damn, you get a headache thinking about this stuff sometimes. :(

But seriously, the Terminators are great concepts and great films, but they just give you a real mind twist while trying to figure out the essence of time travel and so forth.

black_dust said:
I think what he is getting at is the paradox of how kyle (with the terminator) was sent back the first time if skynet hasn`t been invented yet. Because the Terminator cant make skynet for the first time if a skynet isn`t "alive" to send it back....

exactly :up:

cryptic name said:
And i dont think there is an answer to it.... haha If you ever meet Steven Halwkins, be sure to ask him :D

black_dust said:

That only applies if you are limited enough to think of time as linear, instead of a webwork of cause and effect that can intersect and crossover and back on it's self repeatedly.

bluejake01 said:
That only applies if you are limited enough to think of time as linear, instead of a webwork of cause and effect that can intersect and crossover and back on it's self repeatedly.

Indeed.

There is no 'first time' for these characters.

Because they are travelling through time they are stuck in a cycle of events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"