Aang: The Last Airbender Movie (October 10, 2025)

I will admit, I am protective of Korra because it was directly the cause of a big change in my life and changing a path I was heading toward. Its not perfect, but neither was Avatar. But when it was good, it was very good. And it got dark in a way that didn't make it feel like a separate product.
I think one issue for Korra was trying to balance "growing it up", while staying on Nick. It is no wonder that it ended up getting taken off the channel. Avatar was a kids show, while Korra attempted to be a lot more serious young adult. Korra's arc through season 3 and 4 is some real ****.

My biggest problem with LOK is the complete waste of a great character in Amon, and the fact that his ideology is almost never brought up again.

I understand when that season was being written it was intended as one-off thing, but still.

My biggest problem with LOK is the complete waste of a great character in Amon, and the fact that his ideology is almost never brought up again.

I understand when that season was being written it was intended as one-off thing, but still.
The first season is incredibly poorly paced. It tells a great first act, and then rushes through acts two and three. I wish they got the full order out of the gate. Then season 1 and 2 would probably be very different. You can see them trying to mend it all together, (Trying to reset Korra back to before her bending was restored and replacing Amon with her uncle) but it doesn't quite work.

As someone who likes Korra seasons 3 and 4 best of the seven seasons, I'd be disappointed if they went back on it. Thankfully, I'm comfortable guessing there's a zero percent chance of that. The comic sequels they released were good, so I'd love to see them continue those as one of the multiple projects the studio is developing.

Nah, this is 100% Paramount looking at the numbers Avatar and Korra get on Netflix and saying, we need this for our own streaming network. Or, more accruately, our newest branding of our streaming network.

The live action show is likely still going forward, given the contracts.
Yeah. Especially when you consider Nick where the issue with getting more Avatar content in the first place. They were more then willing to tell those stories. Nick didn't want them.

I am the first to criticize Korra. But it is really hard for me to imagine anyone watching it to the end, and calling it awful. Especially the third season, which I'd argue is right up there with season 2 and 3 of Avatar.

Though I do find a fun bit of irony of saying the TA kids are more interesting then Korra, when Aang is arguably the least interesting character in Avatar, and Aang's my favorite. Korra has far more layers to her then my boy Aang ever did. But alas, I also know that a lot of people don't seem interested in the trials and tribulations of a young woman for some reason.

By season 3 I didnt care enough about Korra that it would change my mind. Aside from the brief setback done by the air guy almost killing her, Korra is pretty much the same character from the beginning to the end, the characters around her actually experience some sort of development, mostly Tenzin and the ATLA kids.

I just don't see how anyone can say anything in Korra is comparable to ATLA but c'est la vie.

I'd also like to point out I never watched either series as a kid, my roommates got me into it during quarantine after I ignored it during its initial run, so I objectively feel ATLA is far superior and Korra is a huge step down.

I really can’t wait to find out what this movie will be about. Characters we already know or all new stuff? This is definitely the right step though. Much better idea than retelling the animated shows in live action.

Would you guys want them to try different animation styles? I'm Really curious how Avatar in the CW-style would look. Seriously, season 7 is absolutely beautiful.

I’m not really a fan of the cgi stuff so I would be happy for them to stick to the avatar animation. Actually I wish more studios would do that

I would like them to stay in the original style of animation. Maybe they can experiment down the line with other styles (CG, stop motion, etc.) but for now keep it simple and just keep it the same

Avatar: The Last Airbender Will Use CG Animation in New Films

Recently, fans were given this important update on Nickelodeon's plans for Avatar when Brian Robbins, the president and CEO of the network, spoke with ViacomCBS in a public interview. It was there the executive confirmed plans for the Avatar Universe are in working behind the scenes. And when it comes to the movies, Avatar will adopt CG animation this time around.

"One of the other big projects that we're working on, on the theatrical front is Avatar," Robbins shared. "We signed a deal to bring the original creators of Avatar back into the studios. They started Avatar Studios, and they're well on their way in development on a series of CG films and a new Avatar series."

Continuing, Robbins went on to discuss the talent being brought in for the expansion of Avatar. Not only is Avatar Studios being headed by the story's co-creators, but many animators who worked on the original show have shown interest in returning to the series. Robbins says Nickelodeon wants to be a place that fosters such loyalty, and animation remains a key concern for any of its shows in development.

We really pride ourselves in making sure that Nick is a place people want to work, that creative people want to work, especially in the animation studio. Ramsay Naito, who is the president of Nick Animation, she's just somebody that is really loved in the animation community and people actually really love Nick," he shared.

"They have something in their heart where they really do want to work here on the animation side or on the live-action side for this brand. People grew up on certain shows. They have fond memories of the brand and they want to do business with us."

Honestly excited for this. The comics haven't gotten to that part of the Gaang's lives yet and Korra barely addressed it, so I'm hyped that we're getting an animated sequel to TLA following the original characters. Hope they get all the OG cast back, especially Aang's voice actor who I think hasn't done anything since.

Clearer image:

Fu0q61JacAEeMVl

3 wow! I’m not really up on this franchise but want to get up to speed. Expect to be watching those animated series on Paramount in the next few months.

You should definitely give the animated series a shot Iceman. I just recently binged all three seasons not too long and it still holds up as one of the greatest/most iconic animated shows of all-time.

I still haven't gotten around to watching The Legend of Korra, but the news about these new animated films has definitely gotten more excited to check it out at some point or at least sometime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"