The Last Airbender

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know why many people like this film? Because many people know nothing about the show, and because the film borrows from one of the greatest mythologies put on TV, those great ideas are attractive to people, even though the presentation took those ideas and flushed them down a toilet. People still liked the idea. M Night said that this would be the next Star Wars, as in the impact it would have on the culture... and guess what, if he did it right, it would have been. From where I was sitting I began to believe him, until the film came out, then I realized even from his perspective, he had went insane. M Night is quoted in saying this is the greatest movie he has ever made. People see the glimmer of light from the series, and are instantly attracted to it, despite all the problems. Watch the TV series... it's a true masterpiece comprised of three books and one beautifully told epic story.

Not to be the devil's advocate, but I also thought the sets, props, and costumes in this film were very beautifully designed and made, and the musical score was so good that I bought it before I'd even seen the film. However, many people sadly won't notice any of the work that went into those when you have to experience them through the movie's horrible acting, dialogue, and cinematography. Shyamalan truly is a hack of hacks, because he had every resource necessary at his fingertips to make an epic fantasy film, but instead the film he made was an unmitigated disaster of epic proportions.
Well said...The score is actually my third favorite score of the year next to Inception and The Social Network.... I sadly haven't seen Tron yet to hear its epic score :csad:

Man can somone tell me why a little girl is pushing and flipping grown men ? What was this guy on ? She wasnt even waterbending.

It's obviously a rough cut and they didn't put special effects in. I didn't even like the movie but it's annoying to what lengths people will go to make fun of it. Most deleted scenes are rough because they decided to cut them, therefore not fully completing them.

^ she shoved fire nation soldiers in the actual film too it was quite comical

I also find it funny that people get pissed about the names. In that case, why does no one give Batman Begins s**t about pronouncing Ra's a Ghul wrong?

It's obviously a rough cut and they didn't put special effects in. I didn't even like the movie but it's annoying to what lengths people will go to make fun of it. Most deleted scenes are rough because they decided to cut them, therefore not fully completing them.
Dude she freakin pushed a guy in the face how would that be waterbending ? Also she fliped a guy upside down with some karate move. At least we see paku using technique to fight she didnt . people arent going to great lengnth to make fun of this movie it was truly terrible and mocks the cartoon with the name the last airbender.:o I tried to see good in this movie but everything that made the cartoon great was not in this movie at all.

the fool did'nt even give hints that the good guys knew about the freaking comet lol

or give hints that katara can heal people

I found the score rather lazy. A great score can practically save a film- but I found the music in this largely forgettable, and in certain scenes that needed a soundtrack to build up the tension- there was nothing.

Maybe that was M. Nights fault though. I mean, when they killed the moon spirit, the onyl consequence we was was the sky turn red. There was no example of water benders being suddenly powerless, and the spirits never took their revenge on the general- there was NO consequence at all.

No. According to his creator it's pronounced Raysh not RAAS.
I think he meant that fans do give BB sh** for pronouncing it wrong.

I suppose it's not so bad because it's been five years and there's plenty of other good things in the movie to make up for it, unlike TLA.

Hey Hammerhedd, your Avatar looks awesome, what's it from?

I think they're stilling waiting on DVD sales

Anyone else catch wind of this rumor:

M.Night Shyamalan is stepping down as the director of The Last Airbender 2.

Here are some names that may be up for the job according to the site:
Marcus Nispel (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre2003, Friday The 13th 2009, Pathfinder, Conan)
Samuel Bayer (Nightmare on Elm Street 2010)
Renny Harlan (Deep Blue Sea, 12 Rounds, Die Hard 2, Cutthroat Island)
Scott Charles Stewart (Legion, Priest)
David Slade (Twilight Saga:Eclipse, 30 Days of Night)
John Erick Dowdle (Devil)

There's no source stating any of them have talked to Shyamalan, but they say Marcus Nispel has had some conversations with M.Night.

oh god those are all lame directors...
wth is wrong with this producer? choose a director(and writer) with some decent experience in making a good epic.

after Red Cliff john woo wouldnt be so bad.
but i think they ruined the first one so much a sequel would fail harder than narnia2

if i had to choose one of those directors i guess scott stewart but he's still bland

^ exactly they ruined the first so bad that new director would have more problems to deal with for example

Movie 1 did not do the following

- Show us that the good guys - aang/sokka/katara/ know about the comet coming that will give firebenders ultimate power
(this is a huge part of the series and why aang is in such a rush to master the elements)

- Show that Katara's can heal with her waterbending
(if you watch the show you know that healing is a big part of the end of season 2)

- show any sort of family bond between the good guys at all especially aang and appa
(with no relationship developed with aang/appa in movie 1 the lost appa story has no weight to it)

this is just to name a few

why is this thread still going? let this crap fade into nothing.

marcus nispel is easily imo one of the worst directors i know...
i laugh if they think he could give this crap life after death

Only director on that list that id be ok with is David Slade... but once again... I do not want this franchise to continue..... give us 10 + years then reboot.

I think they're stilling waiting on DVD sales

Anyone else catch wind of this rumor:

M.Night Shyamalan is stepping down as the director of The Last Airbender 2.

Here are some names that may be up for the job according to the site:
Marcus Nispel (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre2003, Friday The 13th 2009, Pathfinder, Conan)
Samuel Bayer (Nightmare on Elm Street 2010)
Renny Harlan (Deep Blue Sea, 12 Rounds, Die Hard 2, Cutthroat Island)
Scott Charles Stewart (Legion, Priest)
David Slade (Twilight Saga:Eclipse, 30 Days of Night)
John Erick Dowdle (Devil)

There's no source stating any of them have talked to Shyamalan, but they say Marcus Nispel has had some conversations with M.Night.

Source?

Every website I've seen it on credited theavatarportal.org

though it looks like they took it down

I also find it funny that people get pissed about the names. In that case, why does no one give Batman Begins s**t about pronouncing Ra's a Ghul wrong?
I agree, but in batman begins Ra's was pronounced in different ways. The only one that pronounced it wrong was the old lady a bruces party unless im just backwards.

And the thing is he chose to pronounce the names the way they would be pronounced in the middle east. A's make the ah sound and o's make the Oh sound. If someone from Asia read the name Sokka they would read it "Soh-kah" not "Sock-uh"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"