Legends ABC Eyes Star Wars TV Series

Bim

Superhero
Reaction score
PLEASE! Let it be the LAS: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=98770

ABC Eyes Star Wars TV Series
Source: EW January 10, 2013

It's been some time since there was last an update on the proposed live-action "Star Wars" television series. Today, EW reports that, with the property now owned by Walt Disney, ABC has a tentative interest in bringing a galaxy far, far away to the small screen.

“We’d love to do something with Lucasfilm," ABC Entertainment President Paul Lee told the outlet. "We’re not sure what yet... We haven’t even sat down with them. We’re going to look at [the live-action series], we’re going to look at all of them, and see what’s right. We weren’t able to discuss this with them until [the acquisition] closed and it just closed. It’s definitely going to be part of the conversation.”

ABC is already hard at work bringing a major film franchise to television in the form of "Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D.". Lee says that, while "Star Wars" plans are currently nascent, he could imagine the series going a similar route.

“It’s going to be very much up to the Lucasfilm brands how they want to play it,” he adds. “We got to a point here with Marvel, a very special point, where we’re in the Marvel universe, and very relevantly so, but we’re not doing 'The Avengers'. But S.H.I.E.L.D. is part of 'The Avengers'. So maybe something oblique is the way to [approach the Star Wars universe] rather than going straight head-on at it.”

Earlier plans for the "Star Wars" were postponed due to budgetary concerns. It remains to be seen as to how that same issue might affect new plans, but check back for updates as they become available.

You gotta admit, ABC would be awesome, considering it already doesn't decently well for itself, but we're getting SHEILD, and the possibility of the LAS too? Would be a dream for a great many people methinks.

Well, that's interesting. Here's hoping it's the Underworld series.

Yeah, i think ABC would be good for it. Let's keep our fingers crossed while we wait for more details.

They can just go back to Hawaii and film it all on the Lost island, set it all on Endor. Show us the Ewok genius who came up with that hanglider and all the anti-imperial log devices. A misunderstood genius who clashed with the Ewok housing commitee on log use for his experiments.

I think the main concern was that they were gonna have to set a fair bit of the live action series on Tatooine, ie Tunisia, since they wanted to use the gangster element as the focus, Hutts, bounty hunters...and that is where a lot of budget concerns would come from.

They might set the series elsewhere and have a different focus now, which is a shame as the idea of a Star Wars type Sopranos was a good one.

CGI will also have to drop in expense for this to work properly.

Battlestar was set on ships for the most part, they are gonna have a hard time making it look and feel like SW, they need different planets and aliens that look better than the ones we usually get on sci-fi tv.

Last edited:
Disney CFO Talks 'Star Wars,' ESPN Competition, Deal Outlook
Georg Szalai said:
Discussing key growth drivers for Disney, he said he expected growth contributions from all units in the coming years. After the recent box office successes of Marvel, Lucasfilm's Star Wars VII, set for a 2015 release, will be a key driver of Disney's studio performance, Rasulo said. He also said there will be much more in terms of Star Wars consumer products on offer around that release. Overall, he said investors should expect Lucasfilm to follow the successful Marvel path now that it is part of Disney as the company would look to push its content across various Disney and other platforms just like in the case of the Marvel acquisition.

That would be great. I really hope it's true! I'm very curious to know if this would be the LAS that was written but shelved due to it being an expensive show, or if this is something else.

Personally Id rather Disney have this show on Netflix.

I dont know if ABC is soley to blame for Agents of Shield being a steaming pile of bantha poo, but id rather them not get their hands on this series just to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"