Magnum P.I.

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
It would focus on the daughter of the iconic character played by Tom Selleck.

The reboots are showing no sign of slowing down.

ABC is teaming with Leverage creator John Rogers and producer Eva Longoria for a Magnum P.I. sequel focusing on the daughter of the iconic character played by Tom Selleck, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Magnumhas received a script commitment with a hefty penalty. The potential series is described as an action-packed drama in the same style of the original. It follows Magnum's daughter, Lily "Tommy" Magnum, who returns to Hawaii to take up the mantle of her father’s PI firm. She and her tribe of friends mix tropical beaches with the seedy underbelly of international crime and modern espionage, even as she tries to unravel the mystery of the blown spy operation that ended her career in Navy Intelligence.

wow, how original...
th_redface.gif

guess there's no shortage of ideas and originality, is there?... :dry:

I would've watched a show if the sequel was about Tom Selleck's mustache carrying on with his work after he'd been killed in action.

This might have been a decent idea if they had both Selleck and his daughter, but he's still on Blue Bloods.

This might have been a decent idea if they had both Selleck and his daughter, but he's still on Blue Bloods.

He could still appear in the pilot if his schedule allows him to. Look at Jon Hamm, he was able to have appearances in 30 Rock and Parks and Recreation while still doing Mad Men and one of them shot in New York.

I honestly would prefer a reboot over a sequel however as as long as Eva (whom I assume will star in this) wears a bikini at least 2-3 times per episode I am perfectly fine with a sequel lol

It's all in how it is carried off. I'll give it a shot and hope for the best as I really liked the original and especially like women protagonists.:drl:

Well at least it is a PI show instead of another cop show. i will give it a shot.

I loved watching Magnum with my grandad. Would be interested in seeing this.

I would've preferred a reboot too with new actors playing all the original characters. Since it's a sequel, I'm assuming they still want to get Tom Selleck back for appearances, otherwise what's the point of having it a sequel following an entirely different character and no sign of Selleck?

I would've watched a show if the sequel was about Tom Selleck's mustache carrying on with his work after he'd been killed in action.

He wasn't killed in action. That was the original intended final episode at the end of season 7, but there was an 8th season revealing he didn't die and woke up from his coma. It went for a further 13 episodes and had a proper ending where he rejoined the navy.

Last edited:
Yeah, fan reaction to his death, as in 'no likey,' drove the series to a proper ending.

Is this show going to be different enough from Hawaii Five-0?

Also I hope to have the theme tune return fully rather than just a hint of it like with MacGyver.

Okay, I don't know about him as Magnum. He seems rather generic, as if he could be just any character.

Please tell me they're at least going to give him the iconic moustache. They can't have Magnum without one. Or are they going to CG it onto him? :o

In the final episode of the 1st season he finally grows a mustache just to try it out,and his fiance says it looks good on him and he should keep it,but then she dies,so from then on he wears the mustache in her honor. :o

This better not be like a Netflix series where he only gets a moustache in the last few minutes of the first season. He does not need to earn that moustache or require a back story for it. And then in the second season he's still going to be in denial of it.

now i heard that there making Magnum pi squeal & magnum pi reboot!!

Last edited:
What idiots at ABC thought they could do this series without a moustache? I suppose he has to go through a long character arc otherwise it won't feel earned? :o

well Gordon does not have his 'stache on Gotham, just sayin

I DO love that he is sitting in the iconic 308 Ferrari

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"