ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 9

yeah i was kinda underwhelmed by the finale.. felt super rushed

though.. i loved the idea of Storbrooke now housing and joining forces with all the realms and realities... that would of been more fun to explore and something that should of been done seasons ago

Old thread, but this came to my attention again recently.
I was only causally aware of Once Upon A Time show, and missed it when it aired.

I'm really curious about something I read in another random thread, which I can't find now, yet vaguely recall a discussion that referenced maybe Zorro and Maleficent somehow together in this series? And not knowing at all what the heck they were talking about?
Was Disney's Zorro on, or referenced somehow, made part of the continuity, and joined Maleficent?

5scklp.gif

Edit:
There is a wiki entry honestly can't tell if that's a joke? :funny:

Anyone who watched Once Upon A Time, know what (if anything) that's about? If this is true, if so, any context? How does he even fit in?

Was it maybe inspired or expanded from the old Euro Disney promo where Zorro and Cinderella meet^?
4l67oo.gif

Something else? Any info, thanks!

Last edited:
I dont remember Zorro being involved at all in OUAP.

I dont remember Zorro being involved at all in OUAP.

Ok, what I've since discovered after diving deeper into to this then I ever expected, to find what is essentially an almost negligible reference, Zorro was and wasn't involved, and then only in name. Having not entirely watched the show the explanation is both outrageously over-complicated while also short and meaningless.Yet since I bothered to go down this rabbit hole, I'm sharing what I "learned" :funny:

619n80.gif

Apparently there was a character called ^Lilith Page (Nicole Muñoz), daughter of sorceress Maleficent, she's somewhat a counterpart "negative" to Emma Swan, as to preserve/protect Swan, Swan's "darkness" was put into Lilith (who was born in a dragons egg. I'm not making this up, this is what we are dealing with,:funny:
They knew each other as kids, until they betray each other. And I guess they end up facing off as adults.
Seems an ongoing and unresolved mystery (perhaps among fandom) was if Maleficent was Lilith's mother, who was Lilith's father?

That ^ little detail, went unexplained and apparently mostly forgotten for the entire series, and was finally and randomly resolved in an almost throw away line, in the very last episode.

It's revealed her father was ....Zorro/Diego de la Vega, .... in Dragon form. Yeah!?:confused:
Zorro becomes a Dragon, apparently Lilith is the child of a "union" between Zorro and Maleficent while both in their "dragon" state. Work that out?:ebr:
All I can imagine is maybe he's got some supernatural Zorro fox-alebrije persona?- https://i.imgflip.com/61l0bv.gif
So Lilith is half Zorro half Maleficent .
619lcl.gif

619ogb.gif

So even though (as far as I can tell) he never appeared on the show, like other characters; Prince Charming, Robin Hood, Aladdin etc. Zorro canonically forms part of the Disney Once Upon a Time fantasy narrative, as Disney once licensed and produced a Zorro show, and he even appeared throughout the Disney parks.

That's it, my ridiculously deep dive into a show I otherwise had little interest in, except someone just happened to reference Zorro in relation to it. I had to know.

All being said(outrageously) the idea of the child of Zorro and Maleficent, is actually pretty badass!:cwink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"