ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
EW just confirmed Charming/Snow/Henry/and Belle are all leaving for sure as well.

so that leaves us so far with only...
-Hook
-Regina
-Rumple

wonder if anyone will get bumped up and become more prominent?
-Ariel
-Jasmine
-Aladdin
-Mulan
-Aurora
-Cinderella
-Ursula
-Pinocchio
-Blue
-Ruby

this show just needs canceled. they imploded it on themselves

So pretty much the two characters the show has mostly always focused on.

Pretty much.:woot:
So alone that makes me not want to watch it...regina is the most annyoing and obnoxious character, and Rumplestilskin is doing always the same.

At least season 7 without Emma Swan means that the crazy people cant make up some kind of imagination relationship between her and Regina...but then again, they think that emma and regina have a deep relationship in the first place when their last scene with just them was 18 episodes ago or so.
Regina and snow have a deeper and more developed relationship than Emma has with her own mother...doesnt stop the crazy people however.:woot:

Anyway...6 actors leaving, that is crazy.
Its normal that 1-2 actors leave shows over time, often even those 1-2 leave a big hole in a show...but this one loses 6 of the 9 main cast members.
And the ratings keep dropping for it...how much money must netflix made with it to be willing to negotiate with ABC and pay at least a million dollar for it to continue?

I'll be hopeful and take a look when they come back. As stated, I like Regina so that's a plus. With so many leaving, I can only imagine that we'll get new series regulars to take up the slack, and ones that are important to the new story line.

I hope they come up with something really good.

Regina's one of my favorites. Rumplestiltskin used to be, but with his continual playing at redemption only to backslide, he's become annoying to me.

I'm going to keep watching, so hopefully they can make it work.

wonder if anyone will get bumped up and become more prominent?
-Ariel
-Jasmine
-Aladdin
-Mulan
-Aurora
-Cinderella
-Ursula
-Pinocchio
-Blue
-Ruby

I vote Ariel.

Are there any classic Disney villains that they have yet to introduce?

They also haven't done the Frog Prince yet.

Are there any classic Disney villains that they have yet to introduce?

They also haven't done the Frog Prince yet.

Why just Disney? If they want any kind of renew of interest for the next season, they need to bring in a fellow you may have heard of:

Bela-Lugosi-Dracula-universal-monsters-11054036-1024-944.jpg

I like Regina. She's really evolved and grown as a character. But to carry the show? I don't know if that will work. This is beginning to shape up a lot like Sleepy Hollow's retooling.

They lose their main lead, several of the co-stars are either gone or diminished and they "retool" it to try and keep afloat. With Emma gone and Hook still around, I wonder what that means for the future (I'm several episodes behind so I assume their marriage plans are still a go).

I like Regina. She's really evolved and grown as a character. But to carry the show? I don't know if that will work. This is beginning to shape up a lot like Sleepy Hollow's retooling.

They lose their main lead, several of the co-stars are either gone or diminished and they "retool" it to try and keep afloat. With Emma gone and Hook still around, I wonder what that means for the future (I'm several episodes behind so I assume their marriage plans are still a go).

That's what I'm wondering about. Something has to happen there that will not be good...

I'm also hoping they'll bring either Mckenna Grace or Abby Ross on full time as Young Emma. As loose as they are with magic and time, they could have a paradox which would replace older Emma with her younger self.

It is funny to think actors like Giancarlo Esposito and Sebastian Stan were guest stars on this show at one time. Both of those guys are talented enough to be headlining their own shows.

How many times has this town been cursed to forget everything?

I hope they dont try to pass them off as adult Henry when there would only be like a 5 year difference? Henry is like what now? 16?

Wouldn't Ariel be a huge help here? She can go to any land with magic/non magic through the seas right?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is how this is going to go down? A mind controlled nobody vs. Emma?

Lesson learned, no one in the Charming family stays dead as long as they just kiss one another.

Last edited:
nqxw8j.jpg

That was the big battle? This is how majority of the cast goes out?

Well this of course had bits and pieces of potential but it was squandered and reminded me why I quit the show.

I'll give the reboot a try cause I can't help myself.

Lol of lord, do not tell me they are telling the same story just changing genders...and how sucky must it be to replaced when you've spent 6 seasons portraying the character of Henry?

Last edited:
Hmmm...so this is how they do it, by just repeating everything all over again? This would have been a perfect series end.

I wonder if they recast Emma or have her die off screen between seasons? But really they should have ended the show tonight.

Surprised they couldn't get Anna and Elsa back for a cameo.

So are they implying that
Henry got lucky with Tiger Lilly or will this little girl be from the Henry's encounter with the offspring of Jasmine & Aladdin? The girl definitely doesn't look like she could be by Henry's previous girlfriend Violet.

As someone who has grown weary of how stagnant the storytelling on this show has become, I am ALL in on a reboot, and if a handful of castmembers is the price that needs to be paid, so be it. It'll shift things up, relationships that will be lost will pave the way for new ones. Same as with TVD. Nina Dobrev left, and the Damon/Bonnie relationship was strengthened as a result. And tbh, I enjoyed that more than the constant up and down of that relationship rollercoaster. And now there's room for something similar here. What's the relationship between Regina and [blackout]an adult Henry[/blackout]? Do they even have one? Could there be a Hook/Regina friendship without Regina constantly being there for the Charmings and Hook being up Emma's ass? How will brand new characters factor in to all this? Hell, [blackout]who is Henry's Baby Mama[/blackout]?!

All the actors have done fine work, but some of it is played out. We don't need yet another "Look and see how Snow and Charming first met [new addition to the show]". We don't need more "Gold's been good, but uh oh, he's falling off the rails again. Can Belle pull him back?" It's been done and done again. To have some of those characters remain, but in a new context (not to mention a new time period), to me that's the best thing for the show. It almost returns the show to where it started in the first two seasons with: Here's fairy tale characters you thought you knew, but it turns out there's a lot you didn't know/here are those same fairy tale characters who've had their happy endings taken away and have been dumped in our world/Now those characters have been awakened, but they're still stuck in this unfamiliar world. To see where certain characters are 10-15-20 years ahead puts things back into that mode of storytelling that doesn't just rely on "This happened, let's go to Neverland/Now THIS happened, let's go back to the Enchanted Forest/Now this OTHER thing has happened, LETS ALL GO TO THE UNDERWORLD!" and stretching certain backstories beyond the point of credibility.

If the show were to continue on, this was absolutely needed IMO. I guess time will tell how big or small a hole will be left by certain exits, but I'm honestly more excited by this than if the narrative were just continuing as is.

So are they implying that
Henry got lucky with Tiger Lilly or will this little girl be from the Henry's encounter with the offspring of Jasmine & Aladdin? The girl definitely doesn't look like she could be by Henry's previous girlfriend Violet.

I don't think so. Where either are concerned.

I thought Lucy spoke about her mom while with Tiger Lily. Either way, if not, it didn't sound like a conversation between a mother and daughter who just lost track of her father.

And as for how far ahead this is, I have to imagine any potential offspring of Aladdin and Jasmine would only be, like... a teen, at most.
Personally, and this is basically a shot in the dark, but what if it's [blackout]Susan Pevensie, and she named her daughter after her sister[/blackout]?

But that's just assuming they're race-bending, and that there isn't any more appropriate character they have in mind.

But, since we're talking about...
Henry and his daughter, I'm curious about the timeline of what we saw tonight. Once we finished, I assumed, "Oh, so they were giving us a glimpse ahead and then showing how they first met". But... what if it was linear? What if Henry and his wife and their daughter had been living in the Enchanted Forest the entire time, and what was coming for them cursed him-- alone-- and threw him back into our world? And that same thing is why Emma, Belle, Snow, Charming, etc. won't be in the picture next season. They've all been taken and scattered where no one stands a chance of finding them, and that's the story engine of next season. Fighting whatever that thing is and finding his family.

Lucy asking "Are you Henry Mills?" and having a different book in Seattle than in the Enchanted Forest might throw a wrench in this theory, but I don't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"