about Grant Morrison's Seven Soldiers......

DarkKnight85

Civilian
Reaction score
So, it appears that this series has a lot of attention around it, and I was wondering if anyone around these boards recommends these TPB's to buy. I'm somewhat familiar with Grant Morrison's work and was just curious about people's comments on it.

The answer is YES. Buy it. Go NOW.

are these bad boys in the current continuity?

Well, The Bulleteer showed up in 52, and so did the bride of Frankenstein with Shade, so, yeah.

Well I appreciate the comments that were made, but I'm hoping for a few more responses, cause i'm thinking of ordering the four of the TPB's tonight. I tried searching for complete reviews on the series as a whole, but I haven't really found anything like that.

It's Grant Morrison. It's extremely weird and will require multiple readings to fully understand it. If you can't come to terms with that, then you should skip it. If you can, then buy it, sit back, and enjoy. It's just that simple.

Definitly worth picking up if you got the cash. Each four issue story is exciting in its own right, but they all tie together to make this a real mega-series.

Also if you can find them, pick up JLA: Classified #1-3. Some JLA by goodness by Morrison that serves as a slight precursor to Seven Soldiers.

Hey thx for the feedback. Looks like I made the right call, I just ordered the four trades last night and they should be in by the end of the week. I'll have to look into the JLA classified issues as well.

I liked the series. It had an interesting story of Zantanna, Shining Knight's displacement from Medieval time to the modern time was cool. Frankenstein was my favorite story by taking a monster and giving its own unique take by making him smart and an agent of SHADE was just awesome. I would like to see DC do an ongoing written by Grant morrison about Frankenstein and SHADE. Frankenstein Agent of SHADE? The story makes sense now why Father Time has a darker tan, he malted in Freedom Fighters and that happened before 7 Soldiers. The Guardian story was cool too, with pirates that travel in a subway, ARRGGHHH!!

I didn't get a chance to finish reading Mister Miracle, but its Scott Free's assistant ,Shilo, that takes on the Mister Miracle character. Scott Free's alive,but the focus in the story is on Shilo.

It was pretty sweet but I question its level of continuity, sure the characters exist and looks the same in normal continuity but a few things seemed out of whack. Nevertheless, it is certainly an example of superb writing and planning. The patience and outlining that had to be done was probably immense seeing as the 7 stories zig zag leading to the final Issue.

It was pretty sweet but I question its level of continuity, sure the characters exist and looks the same in normal continuity but a few things seemed out of whack. Nevertheless, it is certainly an example of superb writing and planning. The patience and outlining that had to be done was probably immense seeing as the 7 stories zig zag leading to the final Issue.
Took place a week before Infinite Crisis. That's the editorial decree from DiDio, after careful consultation with Morrison. Basically, it was a bad time for them to be published. Shoulda waited until after all of these messy events die down.

[blackout]Didn't all the characters from the book show up in the final battle scene in Infinite Crisis 7?[/blackout]

Yup. Even the one that didn't make it. I'd say it took place mostly before, and the end took place after IC. But the father Time thing is still a mystery, cuz he didn't turn into a black dude until OYL, when the Freedom Fighters mini took place.

Yup. Even the one that didn't make it. I'd say it took place mostly before, and the end took place after IC. But the father Time thing is still a mystery, cuz he didn't turn into a black dude until OYL, when the Freedom Fighters mini took place.
Apparently he can switch skin colors. He was certainly white in Battle for Bludhaven, then he was black for World War III, and then I definitely remember him being white in Freedom Fighters. Maybe I'm ******ed. I thought he was white in FF.

Anyway, [blackout]the Mister Miracle in the final IC battle could easily by Scott Free[/blackout] so that can mean that only six of them showed up, which I'll personally keep believing for my own continuity-sanity's sake. I'll trust Morrison and DiDio that it was a week before, and [blackout]Frankenstein apparently made it back from the future, so good on him[/blackout].

By the way, what the hell is up with this Young Frankenstein character that maybe died in World War III (I say maybe because I don't think Frankenstein or his kid are going down that easy)?

Shouldn't be that hard to bring him back. Stitch his arms back on, give him a few pints of blood, and a couple of jolts of Lightning and he'll be good as new.

Shouldn't be that hard to bring him back. Stitch his arms back on, give him a few pints of blood, and a couple of jolts of Lightning and he'll be good as new.
But do we know anything at all about him?

To tell you the truth, I don't really care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"