Absolute Dark Knight Coming In August

I take it I'm the only one who would actually want that? :o

Why does it have to be SO expensive, though? :(

i wouldnt mind having it, it seems pretty cool. But i have both of the stories in hardcover, and im not sure if the bonus stuff is worth it. And to have them collected together is kinda stupid. The look and feel is completely different in DKSA. In DKR, it's really dark, with painted panels and such. So imagine turning the last page of DKR to be blinded by the bright computerized colors of DKSA...eehhh

I think its idiotic that these things are so expensive, and I know why, but nevertheless, it boggles my mind. If I want big panels from comic books, I'll scan the suckers and print them out on a plotter.

CrimsonMist said:
i wouldnt mind having it, it seems pretty cool. But i have both of the stories in hardcover, and im not sure if the bonus stuff is worth it. And to have them collected together is kinda stupid. The look and feel is completely different in DKSA. In DKR, it's really dark, with painted panels and such. So imagine turning the last page of DKR to be blinded by the bright computerized colors of DKSA...eehhh
That's exactly what I said when Batman Forever came out. :o

DKSA is the sequel to DKR, and despite how different it may be, it will (unfortunately) always be connected to DKR. Just as B89 is connected to BR - and likewise BR to BF - despite being drastically different in terms of style.

Oh, and for everyone wanting a lower price, online stores like www.amazon.com or www.dreamlandcomics.com will have it for $70 once it's released. Still overpriced, but bleh.

CConn said:
That's exactly what I said when Batman Forever came out. :o

DKSA is the sequel to DKR, and despite how different it may be, it will (unfortunately) always be connected to DKR. Just as B89 is connected to BR - and likewise BR to BF - despite being drastically different in terms of style.

yea, i know what you're saying, but somethings just shouldnt be put together. For example, it's like the Electric Warrior album by T.Rex....great album. The cd remaster has a bunch of bonus tracks on it. Now, as great as the bonus tracks are, it takes away from the greatness of the actual album. Great opener, great closer....and then come bonus tracks. You enjoy them, but the whole atmosphere of the listening experience is changed instantly.

If anything, DKR should get it's own Absolute edition, with lets say, the entire working script to the book, a butt-load of sketch work, a new intro by Miller, and a commentary by Miller.

and it should be left as that. If there is a need to make an Absolute DKSA, they can go ahead with that one as well, with the same stuff as DKR.

also, by the way, Amazon has it listed for $62.99. So that means that when it comes out, there will probably be people selling it brand spanking new for far cheaper...i'd imagine 50 bucks tops

Well, the Absolute's are a great buy.....tons of extras, which is a great thing. Otherwise, just pick up the regular tpb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"