Absolute Editions

Elijya

Avenger
Reaction score
ok, these are definitely a luxury item, since they run $75 apeice, so I doubt many people on here own many of them, but just out of curiosity, who does? I never made it a point to collect them, but somehow I've found myself owning six of these babies:

Authority vol 1 & 2
Batman: Hush
JLA/Avengers
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Watchman

Does anyone know what others there are? I think there's also a Danger Girl one, bvut I never cared for that book

I know a Crisis one is coming out, but that's it. I really can't afford these at all. I wish they just made them like Marvel HCs. That would make them fit the twelve issues in a long with extras and make them affordable. Though I have most of these stories, I'd be more likely to get ones that I don't have if they were cheaper. Oh well, I still like my cheap trades.

There's also a Absolute Planetary HC (#1-12). I've got that one, JLA/Avengers and Hush. I might also buy the Crisis one, but I'll wait to see how much they want for it on MileHigh or another webshop with big discounts.

Amazon seems to have most of them for about $47, and some eBay stores have them for a bucks less

I just got the World's Greatest Superhero's HC from MileHigh today and like JLA/Avengers that book is Absolute in everything but the name.

well, it's actually larger than the normal Absolute Editions, because that's how the work it collects was originally produced. Does it have any special features?

Gaimen said there was gonna be an Absolute Sandman soon.

it'd have to be at least 3 volumes, and more likely 5. But that would be sweet

nope, he says they're planning on making it one huge volume... check out euroq's thread about the Eternals

That'd make it close to two hundred dollars. If it's manageable, I'm so getting it, if not, I'll get the regular trades.

there's a V Hardcover, but I haven't seen an absolute

and it wouldn't be possible for Sandman to have one volume, there's too many pages. They'd have to use newsprint!

Dwarf lord said:
That'd make it close to two hundred dollars. If it's manageable, I'm so getting it, if not, I'll get the regular trades.
For the complete Sandman in a single volume, I'd pay $200.

i own absolute hush.. and it is one awesome book.. any idea how to store it tho?

Would anybody who has the Hush one say its worth the buy?

I own all the comics, but I loved this arc.

Are the special features sex enough and what are the features? :joker:

Joker™ said:
Would anybody who has the Hush one say its worth the buy?

I own all the comics, but I loved this arc.

Are the special features sex enough and what are the features?

interviews... covers and a sneak preview of hush 2
leslie thomkins is hush... and is only wearing a thong throughout the arc.

sikkbones said:
Sign. Me. Up.

sikkbones said:

Sounds cool I gotta pick it up. Does it say whos going to be doing the next one in it?:joker:

Emerald Knight said:
I thought the new hardcover was the Absolute version.

oh well. :O

nope, Absolute Editions are oversized, usually about 16" tall, and come with a really gorgeous slipcase, and ****loads of special features. They usually cost $75, too

Elijya said:
well, it's actually larger than the normal Absolute Editions, because that's how the work it collects was originally produced. Does it have any special features?

You're right about it being larger than the others, but it's only in length the height is the same. But it's still not as big as the original releases of the stories. I have some of them and they are bigger then the HC both in height and length.

There is almost 30 pages of extras in the HC. There are a lot of pencil sketches, layouts and similar which shows the entire process Ross went through from model pictures to finished painting. There's also afterwords and other information about the creation of each book.

I would definitly call it an Absolute edition.

I can see buying the Absolute Editions if being an extremely hardcore fan of the comics that are getting the Absolute Edition treatment, so, I really wouldn't give it much thought to buy an Absolute Edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"