Accused Serbian War leader starts his defense

Red Mask

Human Killing Machine
Reaction score
Radovan Karadzic finally started his defense at his trial at the Hague. He was discovered and arrested in 2008 for his involvement in the Bosnian War of 1992-1995. The charges against include crimes against humanity such as incitement of hatred leading to genocide. After his capture Karadzic boycotted his trial, stalling the process further. Finally he spoke up, starting with claims that he lead his country on a 'holy' defense against Muslim aggression for power.

Another Serbian War crimes suspect, Slobadan Milosevic, was also arrested years ago and went to the Hague. But he died of a heart attack before his trial was concluded.

With Karadzic now speaking we get to finally see what went through the sick minds that lead the brutal years in the divided Balkan region.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8542297.stm

Ahh these serb crazies -- pioneers of caught-on-tape propaganda..? ok, maybe not pioneers but profuse contributors.

Not that I am for the accused, but what he is being accused of doing is no different from what any other leader has done pre-World War II. The only difference is that his side LOST. But I will say that he is right about one thing: the Albanians are not victims in this, and, in fact, tried to enlarge Albanian influence in Montenegro and Kosovo. But that is for another topic.

O.

Yes, they were crazy and it lead to the deaths of thousands and displacement of millions.

Last night I stumbled upon a debate that was born from a Bulgarian film entitled "Time of Violence". It was based on a novel (Time of Parting) that told of an historical forced conversion of villagers by the Ottoman Turks. I found another website by a university professor who played the 1988 film to her class years later during the period of the Serbian/Bosnian War. Later that week a Balkan Muslim girl wrote an article to the university newspaper lambasting the professor for playing a film that inaccurately shown Muslims as evil.

The article spurred the professor to further research the movie's background. She later discovered the writer of the novel, Anton Donchev, based the story on a later recounting of the event. What's more Donchev's source wrote his version to promote Bulgarian national identity - away from Greek dominance. Other recounts, which are more likely accurate, also point out the event was most likely instigated by the Greeks. It was supposedly punishment for not paying taxes to them. As we know today, Greece is no longer a world power. Is any Balkan nation today? But the shift of hatred towards Muslims was very current in that region. Look at what happened to the Muslims in Romania during the Communist era.

Last edited:
Its about freakin time this guy pays for his contributions to the ethnic cleansing that happenned in the former Yugoslavia.

Payback's a b****, those Serbs hold a loooooooooooooooooooooong grudge.

But yes, it is about time these guys stood before a court for what they did.

I would have loved to see Arkan up there more than Karadzic. Assassination was way too lenient for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"