• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Across the Kraven-verse: How Sony Won the Superhero Cinematic Civil War Thread - Part 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kang has a lot to live up to in my view. Calm Thanos that thinks he's the hero of the universe worked great. Not much in terms of standard villain antics but rather a villain in a proper protagonist arc, which was refreshing. He was just obviously deluded. On top of that he actually wins, which shocked a big part of the audience since comic readers is a minority. Looking at my screenings, crowd reactions, and online reactors Infinity War is top tier in terms of affecting people emotionally, which is surprising from a superhero movie.

That's IW though. In Endgame he's more of a generic villain, propped up by what was done in IW. They have to do more than this with Kang for him to be a truly special villain.

It's hard to say how Kang will turn out at this point as the trailer said almost nothing and I don't think He Who Remains will be very similar as he seemed to have gone a bit mad from the loneliness. It's going to be hard to make him stand out as much as Thanos though as those surprises are already done, so there's fewer cards in the deck. I'm of course hoping for the best.

I agree I thought Thanos was fantastic in IW. I don't see his reasoning for extinguishing half the life in the universe as trying to paint him as noble. For me it showed how truly insane and far gone he was, and that no one was going to convince him he was wrong to do what he was doing.

The noble part came more out of fighting people. In that once Stark was injured he was just going to kill him to put him out of his misery. And after beating the snot out of Hulk he just left him on the floor instead of killing him. For me the rest was to show how truly insane Thanos was.

I didn't enjoy him as much in Endgame. But Kang has a lot to live up to for me.

And this is why this movie cannot be a success.

I have never advocated for the piracy of movies in my entire life. But this one, though... I'm hoping someone leaks a great copy of it on the torrent sites as soon as is practicably possible. Hell, I might not even watch that.

Never wanted a movie to fail as much as I want this one to to fail.

4. The ending of The Flash--We're not supposed to know the ending already (which is why I don't expect Gunn to comment on reboot rumors for some time), but the ending literally gives them the chance to fix what doesn't work. The ending will only show so much--so Gunn and company can have their cake and eat it too, adjusting and filling out the state of this new universe as they go along.

My thoughts exactly. That's the only reason WBD is all gung ho about Flash and why they're publicly supporting their 'star'. They're gonna use the movie to scrub the continuity clean so they can reboot and start fresh.

As for their strategy, I still will not support this film with my money even if it's Oscar-worthy. And if Gunn is actually dumb enough to keep Miller around regardless of the film's reception, well that explains why he accepted his current position after everyone and their cousin in Hollywood had the good sense to turn it down :o

blonde-legally.gif

Sidebar, but I was rewatching WandaVision late last night (thanks a lot insomnia) and I still think it's in the Top 5 of the best MCU productions ever. It was so original and still holds up.

But this scene caught me off guard again
wandavision-vision.gif

I think I yelped.

None of the MCU shows have surpassed WandaVision IMO but I've enjoyed them all to varying degrees. Even What If?, which is the black sheep of the bunch but I thought there was a certain charm to it. I hope we get to see Jeffrey Wright's Uatu in live action sooner than Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars.

After recent rewatching, I still have WV, Loki, and Hawkeye as my top three, and cannot for the life of me decide which I think is the best
All great series let down just a little bit by their final episodes
Falcon had the worst final episode by far! Also had a good first episode though with the first sign of TV show MI-style action on a film budget. Shame we rarely got anything else like that in the shows.

None of the MCU shows have surpassed WandaVision IMO but I've enjoyed them all to varying degrees. Even What If?, which is the black sheep of the bunch but I thought there was a certain charm to it. I hope we get to see Jeffrey Wright's Uatu in live action sooner than Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars.
I liked the Strange episode. What If feels very disposable and I wouldn't blame the majority for giving it a miss or giving up on it, but I don't outright hate is as much as most.

I don't hate What IF at all, liked it quite a bit. I just prefer it stays non-canonical, or at least very loosely canonical. Those are other universes in the multiverse, that's all. I don't think it should have any bearing on the MCU Proper/"616". Love me some Hayley Atwell, but I don't need Captain Carter in the MCU

Falcon had the worst final episode by far! Also had a good first episode though with the first sign of TV show MI-style action on a film budget. Shame we rarely got anything else like that in the shows.

Falcon had multiple bad episodes. If it had all been like episode 1 (Fun action, good quips, Sam and Bucky annoying each other) it might be up there in the conversation with the other shows mentioned. But sadly as it stands I'd put F&TWS as my least favorite

If it had all been like episode 1 (Fun action, good quips, Sam and Bucky annoying each other) it might be up there in the conversation with the other shows mentioned.

They didnt even met in episode 1, iirc? I would even argue we have fun action and good quips in the first half of the show. The annoying Flagsmashers and the half-hearted engagement with political issues damaged the whole show.

I wanted Falcon & Winter Soldier to be my favorite series. I mean we could have just assumed that Falcon became Cap after Endgame and F&WS wasn't needed. But I think at the very least, we can start off Captain America 4 with Wilson as Cap thanks to F&WS and not have to go through a transformation story of Falcon to Cap. .

They didnt even met in episode 1, iirc? I would even argue we have fun action and good quips in the first half of the show. The annoying Flagsmashers and the half-hearted engagement with political issues damaged the whole show.

Was that episode two with the therapy session? I don't even remember... but yeah, it had good moments, with that, and anything Zemo-related, but then it just limped to the end. And what they did to Sharon was nigh-unforgiveable

I wanted Falcon & Winter Soldier to be my favorite series. I mean we could have just assumed that Falcon became Cap after Endgame and F&WS wasn't needed. But I think at the very least, we can start off Captain America 4 with Wilson as Cap thanks to F&WS and not have to go through a transformation story of Falcon to Cap. .

But they'll still need to give a cliffs notes version in Cap 4 to catch up those who didn't watch the series, otherwise you get Wanda in Multiverse of Madness and some people wondering "When the hell did Wanda have kids??"

But they'll still need to give a cliffs notes version in Cap 4 to catch up those who didn't watch the series, otherwise you get Wanda in Multiverse of Madness and some people wondering "When the hell did Wanda have kids??"

I haven't watched in in a while but what was established? Wilson is the new Cap and Valentina recruiting Walker as US Agent which is more for Thunderbolts. Like I said, if you just watched Endgame and then Captain America 4 you could surmise that Wilson just became the new Cap. F&TWS just added to Wilson becoming Cap.

I haven't watched in in a while but what was established? Wilson is the new Cap and Valentina recruiting Walker as US Agent which is more for Thunderbolts. Like I said, if you just watched Endgame and then Captain America 4 you could surmise that Wilson just became the new Cap. F&TWS just added to Wilson becoming Cap.
That's true, but knowing they're bringing Carl Lumbly and the kid who played Eli back means they're gonna have to go over it to some extent... but I guess that's an issue the show created rather than being something they would've had to address without the show. I'd say Sharon being a bad guy is a bit more of a thing they have to address.

Oh, and there's also Zemo in Wakandan jail but who knows when he'll show up again.

So you're mostly right, its way less important than showing Wanda's alternate life with Vision and Kids was to MoM

Was that episode two with the therapy session? I don't even remember... but yeah, it had good moments, with that, and anything Zemo-related, but then it just limped to the end. And what they did to Sharon was nigh-unforgiveable

"

I mean but is she reeeeeeeeeally Sharon? Could still be one of our green pals.

14bd7e4e8affd8944e1759867aaa6c22aa017bb4.gif

To this day, it still amazes me how poorly cast all the members of the JL were. Never would I have thought Aquaman would be the best of the bunch :o

I don't know about that. Momoa has fun with the role but he doesn't feel honestly like Arthur to me, a bit too dudebro for the character. I don't deny that the audience likes him and ultimately that's what matters. I wasn't a fan at all when casted but I honestly think Gal is a great Wonder Woman, and as evidenced by her becoming front and center of a bunch of the DCEU promotional materials after her film, the reception from the general audience to her portrayal has kind of put her objectively in iconic status.

Although if I were to submit who has been the best casting of the DCEU, I would agree it's not in the JL, but rather Harley. Margot has been excellent in the role. I really hope Gunn keeps her around.

After recent rewatching, I still have WV, Loki, and Hawkeye as my top three, and cannot for the life of me decide which I think is the best
All great series let down just a little bit by their final episodes
I liked Loki and Hawkeye a lot, but Wanda Vision was too hokey for me with all the TV sitcom bits. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"