Across the Kraven-verse: How Sony Won the Superhero Cinematic Civil War Thread - Part 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks pretty good. I want to be able to just write the Holiday Special off as this kind of crap thing thrown together quickly because D+ needed content, and this gives me a tiny bit of hope.

Still, despite thinking Vol 2 is better than Vol 1, Gunn's humor has gotten more and more obnoxious with each entry, which is my biggest concern. If the humor of 2 and Holiday Special carry over, I think I'll lose my mind.
That’s exactly what I think the deal was with Holiday Special. Just some very quick stupid fun for Xmas. Expecting much more from the third Guardians film. I think 2 does a bunch of things better than 1 but the humour gets deeper into the toilet than before. I want it to return to the level of 1 on that front.

GOTG3 trailer is solid. Doesn't give you a ton of plot details, but clearly the one last ride thing is very baked into the movie and it's marketing. Very excites for the movie. Like I have said before, this is my number 1 CBM for the the year

Looks standard MCU quality to me

Everything gets a trailer on the same day, so cool

meanwhile WB painstakingly tosses out little clues here and there that The Flash is actually still happening, but no we won’t be seeing a trailer of course

Guardians Vol. 3 is going to **** me up emotionally, I just know it.

What was the point of the Ant-Man "Legacy Trailer" though? Unless I'm mistaken the only new thing in it was Kang saying "You're out of your league."

Guardians Vol. 3 is going to **** me up emotionally, I just know it.

What was the point of the Ant-Man "Legacy Trailer" though? Unless I'm mistaken the only new thing in it was Kang saying "You're out of your league."
That series despite being the one to go all out on the stupidity humour and crude jokes somehow managed to have more heart than most other CBMs. Wasn’t expecting more Guardians films even without Gunn, but could be sad to say goodbye. Hopefully some of them are still hanging around in the MCU after.

I thought the Ant Man trailer was quite well put together even if it didn’t show new material, and is limited in the quality it can pick from lol.

I still don't get the point of having Adam Warlock and characters like Pip being introduced now since the Infinity Saga is done.

But I guess we'll see.
Yep. There's more potential for Warlock beyond Thanos but Eros and Pip being introduced after Thanos died is a weird choice. I'll settle for them gearing up to battle Galactus down the line since Will Poulter and Harry Styles are young enough to stick around for a while, but Warlock should be much more of a factor than Eros.

That series despite being the one to go all out on the stupidity humour and crude jokes somehow managed to have more heart than most other CBMs. Wasn’t expecting more Guardians films even without Gunn, but could be sad to say goodbye. Hopefully some of them are still hanging around in the MCU after.

I thought the Ant Man trailer was quite well put together even if it didn’t show new material, and is limited in the quality it can pick from lol.
Guardians Vol. 2 isn't the greatest and the humor gets old after a while but that ending scene with Yondu's funeral is one of the most beautiful scenes in the MCU. Say what you will about Gunn but he handles emotional scenes really well.

All announcements before Woll and Henson has me sideeying the project more.
They are saving Karen, Foggy, and Bullseye until they have to announce them. And they don't start filming until next year.

Also my wife was just in the biggest, bestest game of all time. She's relevant! They have to bring her back! :argh:

I'm feeling kind of nostalgic about how this time last year we were all swept up in the hype of NWH and how much of a huge holiday event movie it was. I feel kind of sad we dont have another one of those this year. I guess Avatar is this year's holiday event but i personally have no interest in seeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"