• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Across the Kraven-verse: How Sony Won the Superhero Cinematic Civil War Thread - Part 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's the opposite. NWH works as well as it does because all the previous films, regardless of quality, lay a strong foundation of material to mine through. I don't think it enhances any of those movies at all.
I actually really hate that we had to go through all this BS to "fix" Spider-Man on film when they could've just.........gone through with what they ****ing established at the end of Homecoming in the first place.

Great:
Logan
DoFP
X2

Good:
New Mutants
First Class
Deadpool

Almost good:
The Wolverine
Deadpool 2

Very bad:
The Last Stand
Dark Phoenix
Apocalypse

Possibly the worst superhero movie ever made:
Origins

Wait are Kraven, MadameWeb AND El Muerte all dropping next year?

Sure, but the question therein lies will it be Momoa’s Aquaman or will it be another actor as the DCU Aqauman? The box office/critical/audience reception to Aqauman 2 will give us an answer to this question.

didnt-you-get-the-memo-morgan-freeman.gif

I’ll get in on it:

Logan
First Class

DOFP
Deadpool
Deadpool 2
X2
The Wolverine
X Men
Dark Phoenix
New Mutants
Last Stand
Origins

Apocalypse

I dunno about that, man, not when Fan4stic exists. :o

The first half of Fant4stic wasn't great, but it was better than anything in Origins. And that 'Deadpool' ending was way worse than I Can't Believe It's Supposed to Be Doom.

^ This. A new Green Goblin would unfortunately feel redundant after they already blew their nostalgia-fueled load during NWH.
I’d take a new Norman even without Goblin for a long time. Harry too while his friends have forgotten him (I hope they don’t revert on that too quickly).

It’s possible this show could be rated TV-MA. We know Marvel is making Marvel Zombies with a TV-MA rating, but until it’s confirmed I’m leaning towards this show being rated TV-14, and being around the violence level of Falcon And The Winter Soldier.
I don’t personally need it to be a whole lot more violent than that, F&tWS levels are fine with me. Was worried it could be even tamer.

All is knows is, I hope they have a crackerjack stunt team in place because they need to live up to the Netflix series fight sequences. I expect them to at least be on par with those. Yeah i know..setting myself up for disappointment lol

Wait are Kraven, MadameWeb AND El Muerte all dropping next year?

No, Kraven is this year, which apparently with me forgetting Blue Beetle, brings the total CBM movies to 9 this year. (Antman,GOTG, Marvels, Shazam, Blue Beetle, Aquaman, Flash, Spider-verse, and Kraven). Madame Web is next year, as they finished shooting. No idea when El Muerte even goes into production.

Far too many safe calls on these X-men list. Time for me to bring the controversy.

1. Apocalypse. Yeah, I love this movie. Fight me.
2. Logan.
3. The Wolverine-Unrated Cut
4. X2
5. DOFP
6. Deadpool
7. Deadpool 2
8. New Mutants
9. First Class
10. Wolverine Origins
11. Dark Phoenix
12. X-men
13. Last Stand (I have trouble going back to this film knowing what Ratner did to Paige)

1. Logan
2. First Class
3. Deadpool
4. X2
5. X-Men
6. Days of Future Past
7. Deadpool 2
8. The Wolverine
9. The Last Stand
10. New Mutants
11. Apocalypse
12. Origins
13. Dark Phoenix

hot take: I always like and prefer Edward Norton's Banner more than Ruffalo's.

I like Ruffalo in Avengers 1, and to lesser extent,AoU. But after that...it's hard to imagine that this is the same character from that early Incredible Hulk's days. Haha.

Btw...I loved Incredible Hulk. Haha.

I’m right there with you. Incredible Hulk is actually one of my favorite movies in the MCU and in my opinion Norton was great in it.

Norton is still my personnel favorite Bruce Banner. I like Ruffalo but his Banner is so dull. Bana was better too.

I was watching the Dungeons & Dragons trailer and decided I might add this to my theatrical viewing list for 2023. It just looks like so much freaking fun!

I was thinking that the only remaining films I'd venture out to see in theatres this year would be GOTG 3, Spider-Verse, and Marvels. Everything else can wait for streaming...

It also occurred to me while watching the trailer how Chris Pine would have made a far superior Star-Lord than Chris Pratt. Too bad we can't go back in time and swap out the two Chris's for the role...

I was watching the Dungeons & Dragons trailer and decided I might add this to my theatrical viewing list for 2023. It just looks like so much freaking fun!

I was thinking that the only remaining films I'd venture out to see in theatres this year would be GOTG 3, Spider-Verse, and Marvels. Everything else can wait for streaming...

It also occurred to me while watching the trailer how Chris Pine would have made a far superior Star-Lord than Chris Pratt. Too bad we can't go back in time and swap out the two Chris's for the role...
Do it!!! D&D looks awesome to me. Def watching that one in the cinema.

And Pine is just getting better. Hopefully he gets some great roles in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"