Activision & Nickelodean team up for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles videogame

GREEN =w= DAY

Superhero
Reaction score
Nickelodeon and Activision Publishing, Inc. announced today a worldwide, multi-year deal to develop and publish video games inspired by the new CG-animated series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Under the new agreement, Activision has the global rights to produce interactive games based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles property.
"Activision is a leader in the gaming industry and we are honored to have them as the global video game partner for our new hit series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," said Sherice Torres, Senior Vice President of Entertainment Products, Nickelodeon Consumer Products. "We are confident that these upcoming games will take gamers through interactive environments and action-packed adventures that truly capture the essence, tone and exciting elements of the Turtles.

"The fans of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are unique in that they span generations and are very passionate," said Kurt Niederloh, Vice President, Activision Publishing Minneapolis, Inc. "We respect this passion and look forward to working with Nickelodeon to create games that embody the spirit of the property."
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174913-nickelodeon-a-activision-team-up-for-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-video-games

ugh...why Activision? :doh:

either way, i'm still interested and hope it's good.

Activision can be good depending on what developer they give it to

I like the IP but I'm skeptical b/c this is Activision. I'll keep an eye on it but I'm not really interested in another linear hack-and-slash type game w/ 30 hours of game play and very little replay value.

Almost a year since they confirmed that after a month or more of the Rocksteady Ninja Turtles game rumor, only now they confirm its in development
I shouldn't really be surprised, they did use an image from the animated show they are basing the game on

As far as Activision goes, I'm not into hating them, some of my favorite games are from them, I have 12 PC games and 5 dear PS1 games from them

Not sure I will look forward to this game tbh, only Ninja Turtles games I like are the ones based on the 2k3 series from Konami on the Gameboy Advance

The fans of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are unique in that they span generations and are very passionate.

There are no other franchises that are decades old with passionate fans? Haha :D

For comic characters out of the big 2 companies, no

They really wanted a game out quick

I expected them to rush out a game But didn't expect a downloadable arcade game

Gotta say though, it looks pretty good graphics wise. Makes me wish they'd take a year and make it full retail

The video reminds me of that Kick Ass game on PSN almost

Highly skeptical about this, neither the developer nor the publisher fills me with hope, and I don't like how the turtles looks, I thought this was going to be based on the Nick's cartoon, if so why don't they use the designs from that?

It looks more like the original comic than anything

T7pd223.jpg

Looking at this pic, the textures to me makes them resemble more like their live-action counterparts rather than their designs in the Mirage comics. Even if the Nick's cartoon designs took awhile to get used to I'd rather have that than this we have up there.

eOLLfQX.jpg

Highly skeptical about this, neither the developer nor the publisher fills me with hope, and I don't like how the turtles looks, I thought this was going to be based on the Nick's cartoon, if so why don't they use the designs from that?
Never heard of Red Fly Studio
What did they make?

Never heard of Red Fly Studio
What did they make?

Well I only recognized them from the PS2 & Wii versions of the Ghostbusters videogame but they've also done the Wii version of Force Unleashed II & Thor: God of Thunder so yeah, they're no Spark Unlimited but with the game being already out for the summer I can't help but think the license won't get the treatment it truly deserve.

This may just be filler for what they're really working on

I don't have high hopes for this. Then again no one heard of Rocksteady before the Arkham games.

Well I only recognized them from the PS2 & Wii versions of the Ghostbusters videogame but they've also done the Wii version of Force Unleashed II & Thor: God of Thunder so yeah, they're no Spark Unlimited but with the game being already out for the summer I can't help but think the license won't get the treatment it truly deserve.
Nothing I played, at least I heard minimal negative reception to some of these games

i thought this game was supposed to be based off the current animated series on Nick. either way, i like the design on the turtles. perhaps, just maybe they are designs based on the upcoming movie. hope the game is good.

Agreed on liking the design of the turtles

tmntoutoftheshadowsscreen2jpg-e209b3_610w.jpg

tmntoutoftheshadowsscreen1jpg-480437_610w.jpg

tmntoutoftheshadowsscreen3jpg-e209b4_610w.jpg

tmntoutoftheshadowsscreen4jpg-e209b2_610w.jpg

really dig the designs. would like to see them with really good graphics, or incorporated into live action

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"