Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score

PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Platinum Games developing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game
Published 3 hours ago. 75 comments.
The next licensed game under Activision publishing.

TMNT-Platinum-Leak-Aus.jpg

Earlier this month, Gematsu discovered a rating in Brazil for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan, a PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC game published by Activision.

Today, a rating from the Australian Classification Board reveals Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan is developed by Platinum Games.

This shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise. This would be the third licensed game developed by Platinum Games for Activision. Platinum Games previously developed The Legend of Korra and Transformers: Devastation.
Thanks, @AusVGClass.

Read More

PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Activision, Australian Classification Board, Brazil Advisory Rating Board, Leaks, Platinum Games
source: Gematsu

I hope the game is based on the comics or the 2003 cartoon.

Yay for a new console turtle game and Platinum Games gives me hope for quality!

good chance we will finally get a great TMNT game after all these years

i wonder if it will be based on the comics, movies, or animated series. i actually wouldn't mind if it's its own thing, much like the Batman/Arkham games, but take inspiration from the three mentioned.

Damn. I'm not a fan of Platinum Game's stuff.

I'd love a AAA turtles game. Something that is at least sort of open world - I want to be able to explore the sewers and run around NYC. It'd be great to be able to "train" in the sewer lair, then climb out of a manhole into the city and chase down the Foot through back alleys and across rooftops, all while trying to stay out of sight from pedestrians.

Sadly, this isn't something we're likely to get from PG.

People excited? Platinum hasnt exactly been hitting it out of the ballpark with their licensed properties. They've been mediocore at best

Bayonetta 2, Metal Gear Rising, Vanquish are really nice. Didn't play other PG games. They're really good with third-person hack and slash games. So TMNT is in nice hands.

Bayonetta 2, Metal Gear Rising, Vanquish are really nice. Didn't play other PG games. They're really good with third-person hack and slash games. So TMNT is in nice hands.

I specifically mentioned their licensed games. MGR is debatable but Im not going to go into that again

Yeah, Korra wasn't all that great. Transformers I can't comment on, haven't played it yet. But apparently there the gameplay is pretty solid, even if the game is short.

Honestly, I enjoyed the last Turtles game that got released. Even if Out of the Shadows got practically universally panned, I really enjoyed the gameplay. Really, once I got the hang of it, it was a total blast.

I'm going to keep my expectations minimal with this one. As long as it's got great gameplay, and 4 Player co-op, I'll probably get it.

Korra was weak, but still a solid enough brawler for the price, and Transformers was quite good actually. They may not be "hitting it out of the ballpark", but they are at least hitting doubles and triples. I'm excited enough

Just started Transformers today, played the first mission, as a 37 year old, the game was like a dream, beautiful.

I hope they can do the same with the visuals, some classic very detailed look from the early comics or the 1987 TV series, in a old school beat them up like the old turtles games.

Wonder how long we have to wait till we see the first screenshot.

They do their licensed games on a budget with a small team. Korra was difficult because of the fighting system because of the bending. Transrmers is a more basic brawl and it is very, very good, but short.

They will do the Turtles justice. No one does game play like Platinum. Bayonetta 2 is the finest playing game, possibly ever.

PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Platinum Games’ Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan artwork leaks
Published 59 mins ago. 88 comments.
A look at the Japan-developed TMNT game's style.

Artwork has surfaced for the leaked Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan game from Platinum Games and Activision.
The artwork was picked up by Xbox Live watchdog @lifelower, so it likely comes from the Xbox Games Store.
Here’s the box art:

TMNT-Plat-Art-Surface_Box.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan has yet to be officially announced, but ratings indicate it will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.

Read More

PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Activision, Leaks, Platinum Games, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
source: Gematsu

At least with Platinum Games we should expect something better than Out of the Shadows shoddy animation and slow paced protagonists, or that's how I hope.

I'm still waiting for LEGO TMNT game, one that gives us every look of the Turtles in media the way LEGO Batman 3 did it.
I hope the game is based on the comics or the 2003 cartoon.
Doubt they will use that show for inspiration, not when a new show is airing (and season 4 bored me enough 4 episodes in, I stopped watching it).

Not sure what it is but something about the turtle designs I'm just not digging a whole lot

Not sure what it is but something about the turtle designs I'm just not digging a whole lot
well those are "some" of the earlier comic images when they first started what they will actually look like in game "may be" sightly different. We'll have to see.

if this is based on the idw comics i'm all for it. best version of the tmnt

well the art style predates the IDW ones I meant even pre archie where some aspect's of the turtles were a bit darker and more violent. Idw was way more recent like after the 90's some in the 2000's with way better detailed art. it'll be cool to see what is used though.

Assuming that art is correct, that is very much Santolouco's art and design. Even in the background images, it is very much the IDW designs. Bebop's Kanye glasses. Krang's robot design. Even Shredder having cloth instead of metal over his face.

And it isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility. They are developing a board game off the IDW universe (granted, by IDW themselves, but Nick is allowing it).

Bomb Squad is giving me flashbacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"